Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trouble on the terraces

BoltonBoy80

43 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, I remember going into that alley and there was a couple of them with coshes waiting for us. Howard C was right at the front and he was trying to kick the weapon out of one cnut’s hand.

I got detained and we were lined up outside the coach. Howard got charged, I think. They took my name and address but I think I told them, Dave M from Longfield Rd. 😁. I got back on the coach as they knew that I was a nice boy really. 

It was the week after the ‘incident’ with Eric H , facing the Odeon. 🙄

They came round my house and although I denied everything they fined me £1000; have it ready for our next away game 😁

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Members
6 hours ago, Good Knee said:

Haha don't know about that P if you'd seen the speed he was walking the last time I saw him at a match this season! Don't tell him I said that though please. 

I won't mate. I know a couple of years back one of the big NS Dj's from down here (originally Chorley, now Estepona) was up for a Twisted Wheel Reunion and the lad was there doing his thing. Also at Rumworth Labour Club?

Time takes it toll though so who knows.

9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone remember a lad who went by the nickname of Dapper? H/well lad i think, longish ginger hair. Always seemed a bit of a character in the Lever end in the 70’s and led a lot of the chants as did Tony Brooks. Never saw him again after we left Burnden.

Damper Des? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Damper Des? 

No Mounts,  Des was in the year above me at Smithills school (Thicko division) + i know him well, his buddy at school was G.O'C who a few on here will know. Dapper was way before Damper - early to mid 70's Lever ender.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone remember a lad who went by the nickname of Dapper? H/well lad i think, longish ginger hair. Always seemed a bit of a character in the Lever end in the 70’s and led a lot of the chants as did Tony Brooks. Never saw him again after we left Burnden.

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Was this Dapper a semi Liverpool fan ?

I was once introduced to a lad who was FD's right hand man. Wer were in the Clifton  Arms in town which my mate's mum ran.

He was introduced as Ginger but had a red and white bob hat rolled up to become a skull cap. 

Is this coincidence or same lad? 

26 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Ginger lived in Atherton, went a few away games with us in the early 70s, after the Preston game on the long walk back to the station, a mob of Preston appeared in front, Ginger had a brolly and waded in, they soon backed off.

More of a Rangers fan these days. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

More of a Rangers fan these days. 

I think he lives in Lincoln now. Last time i saw him was at a Daisy Hill v Athy Colls game when the Walkden Whites turned up for a few drinks.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

14 hours ago, MickyD said:

I was once introduced to a lad who was FD's right hand man. Wer were in the Clifton  Arms in town which my mate's mum ran.

He was introduced as Ginger but had a red and white bob hat rolled up to become a skull cap. 

Is this coincidence or same lad? 

Dont think so as the person I am thinking of was usually with a Warbie called Guy especially at aways but then again I'm referring to early seventies so he might have graduated from Guy to someone even tougher maybe FD?