Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trouble on the terraces

BoltonBoy80

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Dont think so as the person I am thinking of was usually with a Warbie called Guy especially at aways but then again I'm referring to early seventies so he might have graduated from Guy to someone even tougher maybe FD?

The Guy i knew was a scouser who lived in Bolton, was one of the crowd who drank in the Sweet Green & though he was a Liverpool fan , he went to a few Bolton games. He was built like a fruit machine, as wide as he was tall &  hard looking, but he died many, many years ago.

& Ginger does live in Lincoln now & met up with the old school reunion lot there this season.

Edited by bolton va va

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

The Guy i knew was a scouser who lived in Bolton, was one of the crowd who drank in the Sweet Green & though he was a Liverpool fan , he went to a few Bolton games. He was built like a fruit machine, as wide as he was tall &  hard looking, but he died many, many years ago.

& Ginger does live in Lincoln now & met up with the old school reunion lot there this season.

I knew a few in that mob, Bury John, Quinny, Wally, & Guy.

4 hours ago, bolton va va said:

That could be him as the Sweet Green is where I used to see him & his mate although he didnt seem to speak full scouse.

Was definately square built & thinking about it he was probably only at the match when it was likely to kick-off.

Leigh white also refers to a bloke called Guy so it is likely him.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

There used to be two scouse brothers from great lever.. mick and ste i think..one spoke more scouse than the other..they drank in and around sweet green around late seventies and both went to burnden

• Members
17 hours ago, leigh white said:

Ditto. Quinny also came to Rangers games from time to time.

Did you know Jimmy H from Breightmet who was tied up with this lot who was also a Liverpool fan?

36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Glory hunting Boltoners whether it’s city, Man U or Liverpool, turns my stomach, there not worth a toss. (Excepting family connections to said towns) 

What about those who go watching Celtic/Rangers?

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Glory hunting Boltoners whether it’s city, Man U or Liverpool, turns my stomach, there not worth a toss. (Excepting family connections to said towns) 

I hate this more than anything in the world.
If you took 50% of United/City supporting Boltonians and they supported us we’d have a massive fanbase, and wouldn’t remotely come close to going to the wall like we did. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I wonder if many latched onto Bolton during the relative glory days of Bolton in the Djorkaeff,  Okocha, etc., days.

Are there many out of towners with no geographical or family ties to the club? 

Edit - I ask because I recall the days when you could buy a replica shirt in most large sports shops in many towns. 

Edited by MickyD

On 05/04/2020 at 13:45, leigh white said:

2 more of them were staunch Bolton fans Quiggers & Con, who like all the rest, had trips to Rangers.

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Did anyone off here know Jimmy T who was an American? Plus Malc G and Malc T and Dave P (FLOYD)

Always wonder what happened to them lot

Is that MG with red hair ? if so, he's still around & has been on some of the reunion do's, if MT was the mate of MG, he sadly died years ago. Don't know the other two.

16 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I hate this more than anything in the world.
If you took 50% of United/City supporting Boltonians and they supported us we’d have a massive fanbase, and wouldn’t remotely come close to going to the wall like we did. 

I completely agree with the sentiment, but the massive majority of them are just armchair wankers who have never been to a game in their lives & wouldn't make any difference to our finances.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

2 more of them were staunch Bolton fans Quiggers & Con, who like all the rest, had trips to Rangers

This Con. He didn't work at the loco works did be? 

Famed for "Conrad BWFC"  graffiti that appeared on tv on Inspector Morse or some similar show filmed in Oxford.

We traveled to games on free railway passes. 

Bristol City got a bit hairy so he sneaked us back home on a coach that dropped us at Albion. 

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

This Con. He didn't work at the loco works did be? 

Famed for "Conrad BWFC"  graffiti that appeared on tv on Inspector Morse or some similar show filmed in Oxford.

We traveled to games on free railway passes. 

Bristol City got a bit hairy so he sneaked us back home on a coach that dropped us at Albion. 

Conrad was a Horwich lad iirc.