Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A game which made you feel brilliant

MickyD

Southend away. 3 years ago today apparently - that was some celebration and made the 2 trips down there worth it.

Another which isn’t an obvious one is beating Leeds 5-1 at Elland Road in 2014 - we didn’t have many away wins in the decade, never mind as big as that!

On 04/04/2020 at 22:15, Eddie said:

Southend away. 3 years ago today apparently - that was some celebration and made the 2 trips down there worth it.

Another which isn’t an obvious one is beating Leeds 5-1 at Elland Road in 2014 - we didn’t have many away wins in the decade, never mind as big as that!

And with my missus a Leeds fan that was sweet as was the 4-2 away win

West Brom away first day of the season a couple of years ago, they'd just been relegated from the Premier league and we'd just about survived the Championship. Unexpectedly we beat them 2-1 with an 80 odd minute goal. The bolton end went nucking futs. 

Also from the same season Preston North End away, were 2-0 down after 20 odd minutes and we pulled it back to 2-2. The taunting Preston fans got a load of flack off us when we equalised.

That's of course if you believed I was there eh bwfcfan zicokelly and jules_darby!!! 

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

51 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Went to Wembley for the England v Holland game in euro 96

that was quality and the best England game I saw live.

Watched a bit more of that other than just the goals recently. Before or since have you ever heard Swing Low being sung at an England game? 

Other than the obvious ones, QPR away last season. 

Having only gone to London and local games, I’d not seen us win for ages and barely seen us have a shot on target in recent years.  This coupled with having two brother in laws who are QPR fans and the uncertainty of our future made this extra special for me.

11 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Watched a bit more of that other than just the goals recently. Before or since have you ever heard Swing Low being sung at an England game? 

No and not really a fan of that for football, sung loudly when we beat Leeds 4-2 after England rugby union had won - just don’t get rugby union at all

47 minutes ago, marple whites said:

No and not really a fan of that for football, sung loudly when we beat Leeds 4-2 after England rugby union had won - just don’t get rugby union at all

Asked a mate about it and he said that was the exact moment the game was lost to the plastics 😆 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, marple whites said:

Being pedantic it was the season after when we won 2-0

That 4-2 is prob in my top 5 PL away days, great day out and didn't see it coming, but when you watch the highlights we don't look like a team that was struggling at the bottom

Other top away days:

Spurs 0-1

Utd 1-2

Newcastle 1-2

Chelsea 1-2

10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Being pedantic it was the season after when we won 2-0

That 4-2 is prob in my top 5 PL away days, great day out and didn't see it coming, but when you watch the highlights we don't look like a team that was struggling at the bottom

Other top away days:

Spurs 0-1

Utd 1-2

Newcastle 1-2

Chelsea 1-2

Ah right, was the 4-2 game when Mendy got injured - any in against Leeds for me is top notch, that 5-1 just blew me away, similar to the 4-2 it came from no where.

even loved the 0-0 the season we beat Leicester first game.  Robbie Keane misses a 1 v 1 last minute right in front of us.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Was the 4-2 game the one where Jardel came off the bench for us?

Leeds fans were pissing themselves at him warming up.

A mincier run i've yet to see. 

4-2 was 02/03,  jardel was 03/04

Everton 4 nil at Goodson, QPR 4 nil to go top, beating liverpool at home, beating united at home and the two aways, could pick any of riochs cup wins, wolves play off semi and reading. When we beat Blackburn 1 nil, they missed two penaltys and we took 7000, that was some day. Port Vale away couple of years back was great as well. Thankfully theres loads