Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

About 10 years ago I was for half a season, I think we’ve had

this conversation many moons ago, There’s Dave Clarke who’s the head of the academy health team and Nick Oakley, Rich Gregory academy physio and Jimmy Baldwin but he does a lot Of the first team. There’s hundreds of staff in the academies and a lot of them work in the evenings 

Are you on Football Manager?

38 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I haven't heard him - what was said?

It's a long voicemail message to his players basically setting put how the EFL sees things at moment, I'm currently getting my arse kicked on COD so cant type much but basically it's going to be finished with top 2/3 going up and no relegations, no fans in ground till next Jan

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Are you on Football Manager?

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Nope, I’m a very small cog 

I've just looked, they go very very in depth on that game.  Right down to the likes of Katie Sorensen and Jermaine Lopia who are apperantly the data analysts for the under 18's team.  They have a Christopher Elderkin listed as the U18's sports scientist.

You have to be on there, whats your real initials

• Members
6 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I've just looked, they go very very in depth on that game.  Right down to the likes of Katie Sorensen and Jermaine Lopia who are apperantly the data analysts for the under 18's team.  They have a Christopher Elderkin listed as the U18's sports scientist.

You have to be on there, whats your real initials

I’m employed by the City football group not Manchester City. 

LB

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

It's a long voicemail message to his players basically setting put how the EFL sees things at moment, I'm currently getting my arse kicked on COD so cant type much but basically it's going to be finished with top 2/3 going up and no relegations, no fans in ground till next Jan

I see it as this

2 go up from championship, premier league has 22 teams next season

2 go up from league 1 to championship, no relegation from championship

3 go up from league 2, with only 2 going up to championship it corrects the number of teams after bury's demise

no relegation from league 1

Barrow put in league 2, no relegation

obviously no-one gets relegated from premier league

I dunno

10 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

I see it as this

2 go up from championship, premier league has 22 teams next season

2 go up from league 1 to championship, no relegation from championship

3 go up from league 2, with only 2 going up to championship it corrects the number of teams after bury's demise

no relegation from league 1

Barrow put in league 2, no relegation

obviously no-one gets relegated from premier league

I dunno

I like this, I like it a lot. I’ll be one happy chappy if this happens.

Can anyone see a 22 team premier league though? And how do they decide who’s going up If the leagues don’t complete fixtures. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I like this, I like it a lot. I’ll be one happy chappy if this happens. Can anyone see a 22 team premier league though? 

Only way that happens is if a cup gets knocked on the head.  Obviously would be league cup. But that would need to be part of the thinking im sure of it 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Only way that happens is if a cup gets knocked on the head.  Obviously would be league cup. But that would need to be part of the thinking im sure of it 

Sponsorships might throw a spanner in that 

Instead of 2 extra games they could do the fabled 39th game around the world as a celebration of beating coronavirus, Big teams could be seeded to not play each other to save their home and aways for sky of course, 3 get relegated for 2 seasons

dunno, been drinking 🙃

6 hours ago, Ani said:

Honestly their argument will be that they are being kept down as the EFL need them in the league because they are such a big club. It is has already been mentioned a few times. 
Think they could have financial issues if they do not get promoted.

Be surprised if they increase size of Premier League especially in year World Cup at end. 

They wouldn't have spent 16 years in Divs 2 and 3 if they were a big club

10 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

About 10 years ago I was for half a season, I think we’ve had

this conversation many moons ago, There’s Dave Clarke who’s the head of the academy health team and Nick Oakley, Rich Gregory academy physio and Jimmy Baldwin but he does a lot Of the first team. There’s hundreds of staff in the academies and a lot of them work in the evenings 

He was full time for 14 years (at Platt Lane and then the new gaff) til he left a couple of years ago. He had a few roles including u18 physio and a sort of managerial role as Head of Academy Physio.

• Members
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

He was full time for 14 years (at Platt Lane and then the new gaff) til he left a couple of years ago. He had a few roles including u18 physio and a sort of managerial role as Head of Academy Physio.

Lee Nobes used to be the head and he left to go to Liverpool 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I like this, I like it a lot. I’ll be one happy chappy if this happens.

Can anyone see a 22 team premier league though? And how do they decide who’s going up If the leagues don’t complete fixtures. 

We had a 22 team PL from 92 to 95, there'd be no issue with that, just let teams enter bigger squads and more subs per game

As for promotion, you can only go with current occupiers of automatic spots

People go on about legal ramifications but i doubt anyone would actually try and take the FA or PL to Court

At best you give some more cash the teams in the play off places but if everyone wants to crack on at some point then they have to accept it