Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Asked my lad last night to pour me a Bayleys over ice. 

Did he seriously* think a pint glass was a good choice? 

 

* normally I would put 'seriously' in italics but for some reason it upsets @DirtySanchez

Edited by MickyD
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

massively in today  I'm going to be a Dad  had our 12 week scan today

I'm starting a Craft Brewery Doing a range of stouts and IPA's:   "Putrified Goth Blood" - a thick, glutinous stout with unsubtle flavours of liquorice, farmers welly grooves, catering

Cheaper than a night out, still A night out I can’t have So, in broad terms, fuck it

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
On 18/01/2021 at 16:45, Bigtoe said:

Been in leyland booze buster

Picked up a couple of cans from Deya and a couple of Pomonas and had a chat with the owner

Hes a top fella

He is after someone to build him a website he can update with new stock as it arrives and said he will get some mini kegs soon

Hes round the corner from one of my customers so its a bit too handy

He updates on Untappd & it has a full menu with prices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2021 at 11:30, Casino said:

The fridge is about 2 weeks from being empty

Finish that off then Im going to stick with becks til easter

Save a few quid and re evaluate

Always enjoyed Becks and bought a box on Friday, it was only when I was opening one that I realised they have joined the greatly hushed up watering down scam that a few lagers seem to have pulled. 4% FFS!!! I'm sure they used to be up around the 5% area. 4.8 maybe. Was gutted really, just can't see the point of buying lager if it ain't around 5% or more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boogs said:

Always enjoyed Becks and bought a box on Friday, it was only when I was opening one that I realised they have joined the greatly hushed up watering down scam that a few lagers seem to have pulled. 4% FFS!!! I'm sure they used to be up around the 5% area. 4.8 maybe. Was gutted really, just can't see the point of buying lager if it ain't around 5% or more. 

Becks were playing the long game a few years back when they introduced Becks Vier (4) to the UK market , and only the UK market.

That has gradually disappeared from sight to be replaced by Becks original but has kept the 4% abv.

Its only in the UK apparently, as we cannot hold our ale without descending into lawless picts and Saxons hellbent on rearranging one another’s faces.

Edited by Spider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Becks were playing the long game a few game ads back when they introduced Becks Vier (4) to the UK market , and only the UK market.

That has gradually disappeared from sight to be replaced by Becks original but has kept the 4% abv.

Its only in the UK apparently, as we cannot hold our ale without descending into lawless picts and Saxons hellbent on rearranging one another’s faces.

Bastards!! Ironically, I'm sure I'd be more hellbent on rearranging someone's face if they insist on watering down my ale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spider said:

Becks were playing the long game a few years back when they introduced Becks Vier (4) to the UK market , and only the UK market.

That has gradually disappeared from sight to be replaced by Becks original but has kept the 4% abv.

Its only in the UK apparently, as we cannot hold our ale without descending into lawless picts and Saxons hellbent on rearranging one another’s faces.

Reducing strength from 5% to 4% reduces duty by approx 25p a litre.

That might have something to do with it as well as encouraging folk to buy more, as it's more drinkable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

had 3 cans last night, all 330ml, no stronger than 4%

anyway

Rivvy & Cloudwater done a West Coast, DDH, IPA at 8.2%

I need this in my life, this has the potential to be beter than Evil Dead 2

 

p4voCLL.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

FFS it's not in the online shop yet

will someone go get some for me?

I'm off up to Wrights later, there's no way I'm watching us get humped by Mansfield whilst sober.

I'll see what they've got and let you know

Link to post
Share on other sites

HERE'S what you can expect to find in stores from the new Aldi Specialbuys beer range:
The following products will be available in stores from tomorrow, January 28.
But as they're a Specialbuys range, they won't be restocked once they're sold out.
Spitfire Gold (500ml) from Shepherd Neame - 99p
Wild Gravity (330ml) from Bad Co - £1.49
Business as Usual (500ml) from Derby Brewery - £1.49
Shelby (330ml) from Thornbridge - £1.49
Snake Oil (330ml) from West Berkshire Brewery - £1.49
Brewgooder Moyo Juice (330ml) from Brewgooder - £1.49
Puffin Tears (330ml) from Harbour Brewery - £1.49
Dartmoor Jail Ale (500ml) from Dartmoor Brewery - £1.49
Old Hooky (500ml) from Hook Norton Brewery - £1.49
St Peters Best Bitter (500ml) from St Peters - £1.49
Pistonhead Haze Lager (330ml) from Brutal Brewing - £1.49
Tangle Foot (4 x 440ml) from Hall & Woodhouse - £3.99
Warsteiner (12 x 330ml) from Marston's - £8.99

 

Not sure how national distribution works but for those not fully turned into beardy hipsters try Jail Ale
 

Edited by green genie
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, green genie said:

HERE'S what you can expect to find in stores from the new Aldi Specialbuys beer range:
The following products will be available in stores from tomorrow, January 28.
But as they're a Specialbuys range, they won't be restocked once they're sold out.
Spitfire Gold (500ml) from Shepherd Neame - 99p
Wild Gravity (330ml) from Bad Co - £1.49
Business as Usual (500ml) from Derby Brewery - £1.49
Shelby (330ml) from Thornbridge - £1.49
Snake Oil (330ml) from West Berkshire Brewery - £1.49
Brewgooder Moyo Juice (330ml) from Brewgooder - £1.49
Puffin Tears (330ml) from Harbour Brewery - £1.49
Dartmoor Jail Ale (500ml) from Dartmoor Brewery - £1.49
Old Hooky (500ml) from Hook Norton Brewery - £1.49
St Peters Best Bitter (500ml) from St Peters - £1.49
Pistonhead Haze Lager (330ml) from Brutal Brewing - £1.49
Tangle Foot (4 x 440ml) from Hall & Woodhouse - £3.99
Warsteiner (12 x 330ml) from Marston's - £8.99

 

Not sure how national distribution works but for those not fully turned into beardy hipsters try Jail Ale
 

Do we have an Aldi in Bolton?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Do we have an Aldi in Bolton?

Come now G, you surely aren’t playing such a middle class card with us....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 26/01/2021 at 08:27, ZicoKelly said:

had 3 cans last night, all 330ml, no stronger than 4%

anyway

Rivvy & Cloudwater done a West Coast, DDH, IPA at 8.2%

I need this in my life, this has the potential to be beter than Evil Dead 2

 

p4voCLL.png

 

 

Ive just checked if its going on cloudwaters site

Be cheaper there

Shame its west coast, not a big fan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.