Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

On this day in 1979

Rudy

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Now have I made this up or misheard or is @jules_darby behind the goal celebrating?

33 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, he’s the one jumping about behind the goals.

I was jumping about in the Burnden paddock. :yahoo:

At least he claims it's him

I was there with my grandad. He’d seen the lot.

Was at Wembley 23, 26, 29, 53 and 58 at the disaster in 46 and he’s stood there arms spread wide screaming ‘goooallll’ like a mad Italian commentator. 

One of my best memories of the Wanderers. 

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Was at Wembley 23, 26, 29, 53 and 58 at the disaster in 46 and he’s stood there arms spread wide screaming ‘goooallll’ like a mad Italian commentator. 

One of my best memories of the Wanderers. 

What a record that is, must of shared some amazing tales with you. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Imagine seeing the first ever final at Wembley and a Bolton Wanderers win. Absolutely fucking amazing.

And every FA cup final we ever played in, fantastic!  if there was a time machine I’d set those dates and be off in a flash. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And every FA cup final we ever played in, fantastic!  if there was a time machine I’d set those dates and be off in a flash. 

That's a great topic - you are given a time machine and can go to one game from before you were born - I'd do the 23 final as well 

5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

That's a great topic - you are given a time machine and can go to one game from before you were born - I'd do the 23 final as well 

I’d think 23 would have to be the one, closely followed by 58, would have loved to have seen the 58 win especially as I suffered LH in the Early to mid 70s when Man U were everywhere and the Whites fans were thin on the ground. 

12 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Was at Wembley 23, 26, 29, 53 and 58 

33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Come on Mounts, you know we've played in more FA Cup finals than that.....

I highly doubt it, but I wonder if anybody did actually seen the club play in all their FA Cup finals, probably to wide a timescale, especially for back then

Edited by Sweep

12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Come on Mounts, you know we've played in more FA Cup finals than that.....

I highly doubt it, but I wonder if anybody did actually seen the club play in all their FA Cup finals, probably to wide a timescale, especially for back then

We lost the others, and 53 so they don’t count. 😂

id think it’s possible someone did see the lot, 64 years from first to last, perhaps a family who were part of the club over many generations, the house on Burnden where the groundsman worked (Nuttall family) and where one of our players was born (Harry Nuttall) would be the most likely. 

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamPlyrsBios/PlayersN/BioNuttallH.html

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Read that in is autobiography don’t recall why he thought the qpr goal was better . Unfortunately probably not a lot of bolton fans ever witnessed it 

my cousin told me about that goal he was working in London and went along although he’s a red. 

21 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Read that in is autobiography don’t recall why he thought the qpr goal was better . Unfortunately probably not a lot of bolton fans ever witnessed it 

First time I tried jellied eel's that day, from some dump in Acton, never again.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

My usual interjection at this time

BBC news filmed it