Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forgotten Wanderers

L/H White

On 23/04/2020 at 10:00, Steejay said:

Now he was shite...

Him and that Danny Butterfield must be two of the worst full backs ever - even including this season's shite.

When you mention those 2 it puts things in perspective.  People criticise Emmanuel, he's 3 times the player those 2 were both defensively and offensively, plus he looks like he wants to play for us.

On 23/04/2020 at 13:52, Mounts Kipper said:

Start of our bad luck that was, he cost us a  fortune, add that to Muamba, Holden, Mark Davies, Chungs long term injury and Elmander seeing his contract out, not to mention the resale value lost on that lot could have been 20-40 million with a bit of luck,  it’s no wonder we lost a fortune over that period. 

I agree Sean Davis was the start of the bad luck.  I'm struggling to think of the previous disastrous injury or massive waste of money prior to him, everything was going smoothly till then.  At the time it seemed annoying, what would we give now for it to have only been repeated once or twice since instead of seeming to be the norm.  Losing decent or expensive players either to injury or to almost free transers.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I agree Sean Davis was the start of the bad luck.  I'm struggling to think of the previous disastrous injury or massive waste of money prior to him, everything was going smoothly till then.  At the time it seemed annoying, what would we give now for it to have only been repeated once or twice since instead of seeming to be the norm.  Losing decent or expensive players either to injury or to almost free transers.

Not really bad luck considering we paid a few quid but I honestly think Robbie Elliott could have turned us a tidy profit if he'd stayed fit

• Members
10 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Fadiga

He was shite

Makapaka or whatever he was called. Portuguese i think, striker on loan

I remember watching the warm up he came running over appauding and he dropped like a sack of shit.

HOW THE FUCK DID HE PASS THE MEDICAL