Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pretty Impressive

Duck Egg

https://fanbanter.co.uk/every-efl-club-ranked-by-their-average-away-attendance-for-2019-20/?fbclid=IwAR1TLf3RWeX37nxL-mOfD3Z7-jpuvkjQ8-bjLyEaKOc4PXlUG-7V4wycQ44

Higher than Blackburn.  Out of sight of Wigan, obviously and less than 80 away from "you can only dream of our support" PNE.

Given the season we've had, the division we're in and our away form over the last 10 years, that represents a fine effort.

14 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/every-efl-club-ranked-by-their-average-away-attendance-for-2019-20/?fbclid=IwAR1TLf3RWeX37nxL-mOfD3Z7-jpuvkjQ8-bjLyEaKOc4PXlUG-7V4wycQ44

Higher than Blackburn.  Out of sight of Wigan, obviously and less than 80 away from "you can only dream of our support" PNE.

Given the season we've had, the division we're in and our away form over the last 10 years, that represents a fine effort.

I only know one PNE fan and he's always banging on about their away support. He's a proper knobhead so I just ignore him. Are they all like that?

15 minutes ago, Adlington Trotter said:

I only know one PNE fan and he's always banging on about their away support. He's a proper knobhead so I just ignore him. Are they all like that?

Aye hence the hatred eminited from over this way. 

Preston seem to think they are massive and have better support than Blackpool and vice versa.

Id have em bang on the same to be honest. Similar histories etc. 

They could only dream of where we’ve been. 

42 minutes ago, Adlington Trotter said:

We had one on here a while back who said that we could only dream of having their away support.

They're almost 2 divisions above us and cant outsell us at home and on average take 80 more fans away than we do at the moment.  They should be ashamed of themselves!!

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just mention home crowds 

soon shuts them up 

must piss them off us, Blackpool, wigan , Blackburn & burnley all had time in the premier league 

Nail on head.

I live amongst them and I just quote them their home attendances.

TBF, their old school boys are generally ok but they’ve got a few yoof who are too noisy for their own good.

I keep telling them how it’s such a shame that they’re the only ones not to get into the Premiership. 🤣

• Site Supporter

The nobbers swell their away average by having a stupid hat day too. Take that out the equation, they’d be behind us. Let’s not forget too our Big following trips to Blackpool, Lincoln and Bury have moved/not gone ahead at all

11 hours ago, buckhurstwhite said:

Why?

Guessing that was more of a means of attracting extra business and advertising, whereas Preston will have been because of how many people they employ locally when considering a lot of their train managers and the like are based there.

In City’s case they have a lot of fans who travel from London for home games (not that they’d let you admit that) and I guess Villa fans had alternative options to Virgin on the same route for a lot of away games.

1 hour ago, Adlington Trotter said:

Aye pretty much all those I grew up with. Cardiff playoff really hurt them, they thought they had it probably because they took more fans.