Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Last game of season 23 years ago

roybarker

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Is this the one were Aldridge went mental when they equalised   or was that the League cup Semi .

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

League Cup semi

I think you're wrong Matt. Aldridge celebrated us not getting the 100 points 100 goals like he'd just won the World Cup

6 hours ago, paulhanley said:

In the home end for this one along with hundreds of other Bolton fans. They didn't like it. But they did nothing about it.

Didn't we get the whole end? Tickets were sold the Saturday morning after the Charlton match. After saying goodbye to Burnden queued up there for tickets the very next day.

28 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Didn't we get the whole end? Tickets were sold the Saturday morning after the Charlton match. After saying goodbye to Burnden queued up there for tickets the very next day.

Yep, the whole end behind the goal. Still wasn't enough. There were hundreds of us in the main stand along the side. Particularly after our second it felt like half the stand was up celebrating. Something else the bindippers have probably harboured a grudge about over the years.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I think you're wrong Matt. Aldridge celebrated us not getting the 100 points 100 goals like he'd just won the World Cup

Probably both tbf. Certainly remember him doing laps of the touchline in front of Allardyce when they scored their second and third in the League Cup semi. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably both tbf. Certainly remember him doing laps of the touchline in front of Allardyce when they scored their second and third in the League Cup semi. 

I think your right , that second leg performance is a contender for the worst performance list.

3 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think your right , that second leg performance is a contender for the worst performance list.

Plenty calling for Allardyce to be sacked at that game.

Played Cambridge away in the FA Cup the following Saturday and won 3-1. Eidur came on as sub and scored a classy goal. On the away fans terrace a kiosk sold bacon butties. No better marketing ploy than the smell of bacon cooking.

4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Plenty calling for Allardyce to be sacked at that game.

Played Cambridge away in the FA Cup the following Saturday and won 3-1. Eidur came on as sub and scored a classy goal. On the away fans terrace a kiosk sold bacon butties. No better marketing ploy than the smell of bacon cooking.

They won plenty of plaudits Cambridge for bacon butties.  We got the last ones that day - glorious and a good away win as well.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Horrible HORRIBLE revelation just appeared on Twitter that Campo idolised Aldridge when he was younger.

It's a sad day.

Awful, but I'm making myself believe the decision was based purely on him being one of the first foreigners to play in the Basque country and on his goalscoring record.

There's no way Ivan would have idolised him if he knew he was such a massive cunt.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Horrible HORRIBLE revelation just appeared on Twitter that Campo idolised Aldridge when he was younger.

It's a sad day.

to redress the balance

EXPxk22XkAM9nGo?format=jpg&name=large

Friend of the wife's said he knew Aldridge and would get a freebie for me for the game.

Turned up at the ticket office in my Wanderers top and said I was there to collect a ticket from John Aldridge. The looks I got were unbelievable.

Problem was the ticket was in the home stand. Don't know how I survived.