Bolton born, never played for the club

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

David Murray

Tommy Lawton was ace. My grandad loved him. He come to Everton to replace the greatest of them all, who was also his idol....although he would he been all players idol tbh. Think his grandad

Not all those born in Bolton and played for the club were a success. After selling Franny Lee to City for 60K we replaced him with Bolton lad Terry Wharton, signed from Wolves for 70K.

Posted Images

Jimmy Meadows - born in Bolton lived in Breightmet 

Career was cut short aged just 26 - he was  carried off injured during the 1955 cup final playing for Manchester City having played for England for the first and only time a month earlier 

Never played again 

Briefly managed Bolton in 1970/71 season 

Soccer - FA Cup Final - Newcastle United v Manchester City - Wembley Stadium : News Photo

1 minute ago, Whitestar said:

Was Owen "headless chicken" Hargreaves from Bolton?

No his dad Colin was; from Farnworth. Was an apprentice with him at Billy Hares on Weston Street near Burnden Park. Colin was a big Bolton fan and was a good amateur footballer

2 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Dale Stephens

My step daughter (sits with me at match) was in the same year as him at school in Deane, she found it really wierd the first time he played at Macron.  Unfortunately for her she failed to marry him.