Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dirty Leeds

Rudy

4 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Woodgate has the greatest debut I’ve ever seen for Madrid. Own Goal and a Red card. 

IIRC he became a bit of a cult hero in Madrid.

despite his injuries i think he worked hard on his Spanish and got involved in the community 

• Members
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

IIRC he became a bit of a cult hero in Madrid.

despite his injuries i think he worked hard on his Spanish and got involved in the community 

£1.4m a game 

1 hour ago, jeep said:

It's the anniversary of that picture tomorrow - May 2nd 2004

Lovely stuff. I’ll break out a special beer.

Yep, never been a Leeds fan due to the wife and in-laws supporting them and our head office is in Leeds.  They all think everyone owes them a living.

leeds, Leeds are falling apart again........

I hope they take that into consideration if they do average points

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I also don’t mind Leeds. I’ve a few mates who are old school service crew and been to a few games with them. 

I don’t get the dislike of them from most folk. If you’ve had a run in or a particular beef with them fair enough. But otherwise I don’t get it 

Me too.  There are plenty of teams that, if I'd been born nearby, I would support easily. eg Leeds, Forest, the Sheffield teams, Villa, WBA, Derby, Birmingham, Brentford and Bristol Rovers (partly because of their grounds).  Others I wouldnt feel part of, they just arent me - Norwich, Reading, Charlton, Wigan, Millwall, Bristol City,  Fulham.  But Leeds, I definitely would have loved going to Elland Road.  Fate....my parents moved from Durham in the 60s, to Yorkshire in the early 70s, before settling in Atherton a few years later, I could have ended up supporting almost any Northern team but my Dad's job applications led me to Burnden!

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Leeds are just a Yorkshire version of Villa.

Think they're a big club when the football world has moved on and left them well behind.

They aren't as big as Villa, Villa won't have had 16 years out of the top division in their entire history.The difference between the two clubs is that Villa attract more money to their boardroom.Rich Yorkshire folk won't spend their money on football clubs which is  why Leeds have had over 40 years in Div 2 and 3

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

So they could have at some point named a starting XI of 

Robinson

Matteo Woodgate Ferdinand Harte

Kewell Batty Bowyer Smith

Fowler Viduka

and they won nothing 😂 kin’ell 

They were a class above when they did us 3-0 on boxing day 2001 - woodgate and Ferdinand were immense, nothing got past them, and Fowler smashes in a hat trick

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Social media would explode today if a player had just got relegated but still found time to swap shirts. 

Never looked at that photo and really clocked that, top shithousery from Smith and then to top it signs for their favourite team across the pennines.

Can’t stand the cunts. Remember em giving us shit on the car park when they beat us the game before Chelsea on last day. Got our own back big style.

Service Crew are a myth as well. 

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

They were a class above when they did us 3-0 on boxing day 2001 - woodgate and Ferdinand were immense, nothing got past them, and Fowler smashes in a hat trick

Would love to see Fowlers total goal against us. Sure he got 3 hattricks against us.