Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Talksport

deane koontz

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure why he should be disciplined or sacked for expressing his opinion.

Freedom of Speech only applies if it doesn't break any rules/laws.
Posting racist stuff online is always going to contravene the rules. Fuck me, he's already a convicted racist.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The tweet has now been deleted.

Im a shitty old window cleaner but if someone represented my company with those kind of nobhead thoughts hed be out the fuckin door.

Nevermind being a figure head for a national radio station with millions of listeners and more importantly loads of sponsors.

Theres a time and a place. The disrespectful cunt.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's referring to the history of racism towards black people in this country and suggesting ethnic minorities shouldn't mourn the Queen's death because she was a figurehead of it.

I think he's wrong and an idiot for tweeting it but it's not in itself racist (even if he is).

If he's saying black folk shouldn't mourn her specifically, then he's saying she was a racist.

Racism does exist but even as a figurehead that doesn't automatically make her the same. Nor is the behaviour of others her responsibility- that would make her responsible for his behaviour. Like his previous misdemeanours. 

Unfounded accusations of racism are no different than racism itself. 

An increasing weapon of the entitled- nothing factual, no evidence so resort to cowardly insinuations.

An attention seeking, chip shouldering tosspot.

25 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's referring to the history of racism towards black people in this country and suggesting ethnic minorities shouldn't mourn the Queen's death because she was a figurehead of it.

I think he's wrong and an idiot for tweeting it but it's not in itself racist (even if he is).

His bio on Twitter mentions his employer.  They've every right to sack him.

That said, I doubt he's actually 'employed' anyway.  He'll be a contractor and Talksport can, and probably will, just opt not to call him in again. 

I actually didn't mind him, but he's gone and committed career suicide for no reason whatsoever.

The  majority of Talksport listeners are van driving Gammon types.  That's why Alan Brazil is loved so much. They're never going to accept what Sinclair said.

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The tweet has now been deleted.

Shouldn't even be in the job never mind his "opinion' marks him out at best a hypocrite given past positive comments about HM. Which is it Trev? I can't see a situation today where a white bloke admits in court racially abusing a black person gets to keep a job in the media. 

Rodney Marsh 'Toon Army' joke any worse? Not saying I agree with cancel culture either but come on wheres the line?

I see Kevin Kilbane has weighed in defending Sinclair. I don’t think his tweet was racist as @Lt. Aldo Rainesays but it was the tweet of a disrespectful tit. My opinion extends out to Kilbane now too. Could of just kept their thoughts too themselves, mates, WhatsApp, boozer or whatever. But no had to weigh in to all and sundry after the Queens passing.

This is another classic example of the ills of social media. This has nothing to do with cancel culture - it's to do with having the basic manners to show respect for a widely loved person of national and international significance who has just died.

There just seems to be an undercurrent of people in society who want to pin "racism" or some other "ism" on everything that moves. It's very polarising and is in itself intolerance. 

8 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

This is another classic example of the ills of social media. This has nothing to do with cancel culture - it's to do with having the basic manners to show respect for a widely loved person of national and international significance who has just died.

There just seems to be an undercurrent of people in society who want to pin "racism" or some other "ism" on everything that moves. It's very polarising and is in itself intolerance. 

Agree with all that Paul.

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

He has reinstated his twitter account and  issued what is supposedly an apology 

Too late for that Trevor 

That's not an apology.

Seems to be the way now though. People apologise for "any offence caused", but not for actually doing the deed.

Boris & the Govt have/had this down to a tittle.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Traf said:

That's not an apology.

Seems to be the way now though. People apologise for "any offence caused", but not for actually doing the deed.

Boris & the Govt have/had this down to a tittle.

He's basically saying "i meant it but was probably not the right time to say it"  

If he tried to say "i didn't mean it and am sorry i said it" i wouldn't believe him anyway