Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

For the life of me I don't see how that works.  If you're the manager how can you have all  your players imposed on you?  Whoever comes in now doesn't have a team, he has to sign one.  He needs to have the enthusiasm of using players he rates.  Its just asking for unnecessary tensions between players and manager, and manager and 'director of football'.

Agreed, it doesnt work over here. seems to do abroad

I’ve wanted a Big Mick/Warnock type with lots of experience but suspect I’m way off now

Iles has been in the know (surprisingly) in this last 2 days so suspect he will be right with a younger manager

Now expect it to be someone we’ve not heard of....but who has worked for City/United/Liverpool youth team and has contacts with younger kids who we could nurture and then sell on

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

For the life of me I don't see how that works.  If you're the manager how can you have all  your players imposed on you?  Whoever comes in now doesn't have a team, he has to sign one.  He needs to have the enthusiasm of using players he rates.  Its just asking for unnecessary tensions between players and manager, and manager and 'director of football'.

I believe it works something like this.

The coach or manager (in discussion with Sporting Director) says something like "We need a speedy left sided midfielder who is capable of putting tackles in". In other words they set a criteria. The Sporting Director looks ta the data that fits that criteria and finds a few players, who they then go and watch etc. The coach the works with those players who have been acquired. It is a more targetted approach. It saves a lot of pointless scouting here, their and everywhere and managers who spend alot of their time on wasted journeys watching players who are nowhere near what they need. It works at Brentford - where they uncovered a lot of quality players.

Never mind the manager we might get, what qualifies Tobias Pheonix to take charge of signings?

Don't think we need to be trying to reinvent the wheel when we're the biggest team and have twice the gate of just about every team in the League.

If Adkins or whoever would take it, we'd be mad to pick some unknown reserve team coach just because of some vague philosophy we're signing up for.

On 12/06/2020 at 23:03, Mr Grey said:

I sort of agree, but there are a lot of coaches at clubs from BAME backgrounds, Viera went to the U.S. to cut his teeth, Rudd Gullit was looking good but lost it, Ince was just a prick.

It is a conundrum, if we employed N'Gotty, Djorkaeff or Muamba they would have my full support, but if they played shit football and the results were crap and there wasn't any progress being made, they would get some stick, fuck colour it doesn't matter, i just want a successful manager, even if he (no birds) is black with pink Mr Blobby spots, they will do for me.

he's still out of work- worth a punt? obviously has a few contacts

• Members
1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Just when you thought this country couldn’t disappoint you anymore, 7 people voted for Gary Megson

Holy twatballs

I’d say 3 of them are WUM’s which means 4 loonies have escaped the asylum 

10 hours ago, Hutch said:

I’ve wanted a Big Mick/Warnock type with lots of experience but suspect I’m way off now

Iles has been in the know (surprisingly) in this last 2 days so suspect he will be right with a younger manager

Now expect it to be someone we’ve not heard of....but who has worked for City/United/Liverpool youth team and has contacts with younger kids who we could nurture and then sell on

Are the actual Mick Mccarthy or Neil Warnock doing anything at the moment?, wouldn't mind either of them in charge. Also Warnock has an excellent record for getting teams promoted. 

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

19 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Are the actual Mick Mccarthy or Neil Warnock doing anything at the moment?, wouldn't mind either of them in charge. Also Warnock has an excellent record for getting teams promoted. 

Warnock not doing out good manager but lives in Cornwall tends to do a couple of days a week at is last few clubs travelling to and from home don’t think he is what the club are looking for with not being hands on approach and leaving it to is coaching staff 

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He's at it again, ffs! Your a shit manager, i bet he has applied for the Bolton job

John Barnes now moaning Black managers get sacked quicker than their white counterparts.

On BBC Sport.

They do. Cos they’re not good enough. Nowt to do with their colour 😁

Lowe would be great if he could build a team like he had at Bury but they did overspend on wages which is partly what lead them to go out of business, so would he be able to do it on an almost non existent budget?

Someone out of contract. But that doesn’t fit this “moneyball” approach that’s banded about as these guys OoC are all old school managers. 

it’s either someone completely unknown like the buy from rangers or someone who has a clause allowing them to leave for certain job or location or something. Maybe Nolan fits that bill  

or it’s David lee. Which I think would be a huge error and I Would like to think FV know they need the fans onside. 

26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Someone out of contract. But that doesn’t fit this “moneyball” approach that’s banded about as these guys OoC are all old school managers. 

it’s either someone completely unknown like the buy from rangers or someone who has a clause allowing them to leave for certain job or location or something. Maybe Nolan fits that bill  

or it’s David lee. Which I think would be a huge error and I Would like to think FV know they need the fans onside. 

I'd just like to confirm, I have no interest in managing Bolton Wanderers, :lol:!!!