Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Michale Beale seems like such an exceptional coach that if he was interested I think I'd be willing to take the gamble.

I can't see that he would be, though.

You’re having a laugh?

We need somebody with a knowledge of lower league players. And man management.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Sometimes a promising young coach is paired with an experienced old hand, maybe that would be one way to approach it. 

1. Lowe

2. Evatt

3. Ricketts ( Sam) 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Sometimes a promising young coach is paired with an experienced old hand, maybe that would be one way to approach it. 

A bit Dougie with say Lenny Lawrence.

i know where you’re coming from though. Let’s face it, every appointment will be a gamble. Someone has to get it right at some stage though. If a manager gets results with reasonable football, this jugernaught will be hard to stop

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

1. Lowe

2. Evatt

3. Ricketts ( Sam) 

Two years ago all three were in Beale's position, albeit without the coaching CV Beale has. I doubt the clubs who gave them their chances regret it.

But anyway, I'm not suggesting we hire him over the others, just that he seems so well-thought we shouldn't rule him out on lack of experience alone.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Two years ago all three were in Beale's position, albeit without the coaching CV Beale has. I doubt the clubs who gave them their chances regret it.

But anyway, I'm not suggesting we hire him over the others, just that he seems so well-thought we shouldn't rule him out on lack of experience alone.

I think as Kevin Davies alluded to in the Bolton News, it’s about more than just football and the new managers views on it. 
For me, we can’t afford a bastard who will put people’s backs up. I’m not saying the new geezer has to know the club but having an appreciation the we demand 100% every week and trying to entertain a bit is a minimum

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

So many ‘great  coaches’ but shit managers...

Mclaren, Paul Clement, Kidd, Phelan... Sammy Lee.

We need a guy that is innovative but the players respect... Wilder, Cowleys, Evatt???

All those coaches you mentioned had their first managerial job at a much higher level than the one we are currently at

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

4 minutes ago, Ena Street said:

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

Tobias Phoenix is just a made up name, he's Sharon Brittan's imaginary friend.

1 hour ago, Ena Street said:

That's the one thing that doesnt feel right.  Why no quotes from TP or Sharon?  Some encouragement about the vision, what's going on behind the scenes.  Its like lockdown means they cant speak.  It just seems too quiet, its not like the BN arent desperate for interviews, have they fallen out with Iles?

4 hours ago, green genie said:

Go on then, I'll bite. Why would a family man like Lowe stop at the hotel risking infection when he has a house within 1/2 hour????

brass innit

just cos we're not a coastal town doesn't mean the ladies cant handle sea men

SuperKev in BEN “And I know of good candidates who have won promotions, worked at the lower end of the Championship, who would fancy the job."

Still think the BWFC job, in Division 4, needs a man of experience and if McCarthy/Warnock are available we should try and get them if we can

Really like the Plymouth forum though, seem to talk sense, they really rate Lowe....so even though I know little about him, if we want a young pup at least he has experience in the lower tier

4 hours ago, Ena Street said:

Phoenix’s came into the job around February and we haven’t heard anything from him but that could of been due to Hill being manager and if he said anything Prior might of looked like he was undermining him . We had hill ranting after the Rochdale game Now he  is gone and when a new manager is in place he should be coming forward hopefully to say what is role is and the new structure of the club 

• Site Supporter

Why should we hear from Tobias Phoenix? Please explain..

Which other club have you heard the DOF spouting?

Chairmans and Managers/Coaches yes, DOF no. Leave the bastard alone to do his job quietly. We had enough verbal bollocks to last a lifetime with Anderson then Hill..

9 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Chairmans and Managers/Coaches yes, DOF no. Leave the bastard alone to do his job quietly. We had enough verbal bollocks to last a lifetime with Anderson then Hill..

Well said. I’ve no reason to suspect he isn’t  putting a shift in. I’d be happy to never hear a club update again (from someone who wasn’t overly bothered we never heard from ED/PG until the end)

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

I’m of the same opinion, especially now when his job is about recruitment of a manager and then players, anything publicly shared on that front, could become detrimental to achieving his objectives.

I did hear on the grapevine he shook a few things up and rattled a few feathers when he arrived, telling departments they need to keep their own house in order, in particular KH/DF whose apparent fluctuations in other parts of the club were seemingly taking their eye off the ball of the main role of coaching and improving the first team squad

Hence the recruitment, then swift departure of Irwan Kawri.