Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Who's put a fiver on Sol Campbell? His odds have halved now, he's 10/1 was 20's yesterday.

If Toby and him didn't fall out at Macc then all speculation about anyone else could be pointless. Campbell must have a masochistic streak in him.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

An interesting sentence at the end. If the club conducts formal interviews, at least one minority candidate must be interviewed under the efl rules.

"Hello Sol, fancy coming for an interview: we don't want you really, but, well, you know.."

A true bag of bollocks.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting sentence at the end. If the club conducts formal interviews, at least one minority candidate must be interviewed under the efl rules.

"Hello Sol, fancy coming for an interview: we don't want you really, but, well, you know.."

A true bag of bollocks.

Aye the way things currently are they best play ball in that area 

9 hours ago, Hutch said:

SuperKev in BEN “And I know of good candidates who have won promotions, worked at the lower end of the Championship, who would fancy the job."

Still think the BWFC job, in Division 4, needs a man of experience and if McCarthy/Warnock are available we should try and get them if we can

Really like the Plymouth forum though, seem to talk sense, they really rate Lowe....so even though I know little about him, if we want a young pup at least he has experience in the lower tier

It has to be the right experience though. How long is it since McCarthy or Warnock has worked at the bottom end of the food chain? Plus, aside from being a wanker, Colin Wanker should be immediately discounted for actively choosing to buy Gary Madine. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A true bag of bollocks.

Quite right IMO. Not a fan of Sol, but if this process gives the likes of Powell, Karl Henry or Hughton a chance and they perform and show more potential then bring it on.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Are these odds getting slashed every time someone sees a different candidate at the hotel or something? Dont think I've seen so many different favourites for a job before changing daily.

As well it’s not the most appealing jobs is it 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Errr, biggest club in the world?

Except Newcastle of course. 

We've got 5 & 1/2 players, no money, under an embargo, in league 2. Realistically it’s going to be a manager looking for a step up, some of the names being bandied about are out of our league

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A true bag of bollocks.

Or Steven Reid? 

13 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I'd say it's the most appealing job outside Portsmouth, Sunderland, or Ipswich.

Registration embargo 

Eleven registered players, the majority of which are inexperienced

Report to a young, unproven Director of Football

Cede some or all authority on recruitment

Unknown budget

Expectations of promotion at the first attempt

Don't get me wrong, I still think plenty will be attracted by the name alone, but I can see a lot being put off the job once they find out more about what it might entail.

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Registration embargo 

Unknown budget

Don't get me wrong, I still think plenty will be attracted by the name alone, but I can see a lot being put off the job once they find out more about what it might entail.

Bigger picture pal, embargo ends in 21, chance to awaken a sleeping giant, can't think many of us are expecting promotion first season, we don't know for certain that any manager will need to cede any authority, I'd say we will be a big draw to some of the best coaches in and around the lower leagues.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, desperado said:

Quite right IMO. Not a fan of Sol, but if this process gives the likes of Powell, Karl Henry or Hughton a chance and they perform and show more potential then bring it on.

What if they choose not to apply?

The job should go to the best candidate, if doing formal interviews.

Why should anyone get preferential treatment in that process because of their colour, religion etc?

Treat people equally.

5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Bigger picture pal, embargo ends in 21, chance to awaken a sleeping giant, can't think many of us are expecting promotion first season, we don't know for certain that any manager will need to cede any authority, I'd say we will be a big draw to some of the best coaches in and around the lower leagues.

Plenty of people are expecting promotion to be a formality. It'll be a tough gig.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What if they choose not to apply?

The job should go to the best candidate, if doing formal interviews.

Why should anyone get preferential treatment in that process because of their colour, religion etc?

Treat people equally.

The problem is that clubs rarely go through a proper interview and recruitment process. It's understandable why people might think unconcious bias is going unchecked.

9 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Registration embargo 

Unknown budget

Anyone with a modicum of ambition in L1 & L2 will think they will be the one to turn it round.

Premiership standard ground and been there before

Embargo ending in no more than 12 months and maybe earlier.

Little money available to be spent by competitors

10000 fans and more if any success delivered.

Barrow, Plymouth, etc likely to be relegation favourites and with very limited scope to go higher in league ladder.

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Anyone with a modicum of ambition in L1 & L2 will think they will be the one to turn it round.

Barrow, Plymouth, etc likely to be relegation favourites and with very limited scope to go higher in league ladder.

Are you 12? We were Div 2-3 (in real terms pre prem) perennial yoyo until 96 and will be back to that status at least soon given how well club is being run.

Edited by green genie

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The problem is that clubs rarely go through a proper interview and recruitment process. It's understandable why people might think unconcious bias is going unchecked.

Fair enough- it would appear a bame candidate doesn't have to be interviewed in that process, so not sure what the answer is there.

21 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

They might also be ambitious enough to think they can get a better job.

I think we can attract Evatt and I think we can attract Lowe, but we'll have to convince them that the right package is there. If they don't think they'll have the resources or control to do their jobs properly, they won't take it no matter how big our club is.

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair enough- it would appear a bame candidate doesn't have to be interviewed in that process, so not sure what the answer is there.

Me neither, to be honest. I think if clubs conduct more than one interview then they also have to interview a BAME candidate. But if they don't bother with a full recruitment process then they don't.