Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager


TroySwoosh
 Share

Next Manager Poll  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

So many ‘great  coaches’ but shit managers...

Mclaren, Paul Clement, Kidd, Phelan... Sammy Lee.

We need a guy that is innovative but the players respect... Wilder, Cowleys, Evatt???

All those coaches you mentioned had their first managerial job at a much higher level than the one we are currently at

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ena Street said:

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

Tobias Phoenix is just a made up name, he's Sharon Brittan's imaginary friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ena Street said:

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

That's the one thing that doesnt feel right.  Why no quotes from TP or Sharon?  Some encouragement about the vision, what's going on behind the scenes.  Its like lockdown means they cant speak.  It just seems too quiet, its not like the BN arent desperate for interviews, have they fallen out with Iles?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, green genie said:

Go on then, I'll bite. Why would a family man like Lowe stop at the hotel risking infection when he has a house within 1/2 hour????

brass innit

 

just cos we're not a coastal town doesn't mean the ladies cant handle sea men

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SuperKev in BEN “And I know of good candidates who have won promotions, worked at the lower end of the Championship, who would fancy the job."

Still think the BWFC job, in Division 4, needs a man of experience and if McCarthy/Warnock are available we should try and get them if we can

Really like the Plymouth forum though, seem to talk sense, they really rate Lowe....so even though I know little about him, if we want a young pup at least he has experience in the lower tier

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ena Street said:

For me the missing piece in the jigsaw is Phoenix. We’ve heard nowt from him and if we are to understand who is the right guy for manager we need to understand the bigger picture. At this point we are totally in the dark and have to trust in SB and co....

Phoenix’s came into the job around February and we haven’t heard anything from him but that could of been due to Hill being manager and if he said anything Prior might of looked like he was undermining him . We had hill ranting after the Rochdale game Now he  is gone and when a new manager is in place he should be coming forward hopefully to say what is role is and the new structure of the club 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Why should we hear from Tobias Phoenix? Please explain..

Which other club have you heard the DOF spouting?

Chairmans and Managers/Coaches yes, DOF no. Leave the bastard alone to do his job quietly. We had enough verbal bollocks to last a lifetime with Anderson then Hill..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Why should we hear from Tobias Phoenix? Please explain..

Which other club have you heard the DOF spouting?

Chairmans and Managers/Coaches yes, DOF no. Leave the bastard alone to do his job quietly. We had enough verbal bollocks to last a lifetime with Anderson then Hill..

Well said. I’ve no reason to suspect he isn’t  putting a shift in. I’d be happy to never hear a club update again (from someone who wasn’t overly bothered we never heard from ED/PG until the end)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Why should we hear from Tobias Phoenix? Please explain..

Which other club have you heard the DOF spouting?

Chairmans and Managers/Coaches yes, DOF no. Leave the bastard alone to do his job quietly. We had enough verbal bollocks to last a lifetime with Anderson then Hill..

I’m of the same opinion, especially now when his job is about recruitment of a manager and then players, anything publicly shared on that front, could become detrimental to achieving his objectives.

I did hear on the grapevine he shook a few things up and rattled a few feathers when he arrived, telling departments they need to keep their own house in order, in particular KH/DF whose apparent fluctuations in other parts of the club were seemingly taking their eye off the ball of the main role of coaching and improving the first team squad

Hence the recruitment, then swift departure of Irwan Kawri.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Who's put a fiver on Sol Campbell? His odds have halved now, he's 10/1 was 20's yesterday.

If Toby and him didn't fall out at Macc then all speculation about anyone else could be pointless. Campbell must have a masochistic streak in him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

An interesting sentence at the end. If the club conducts formal interviews, at least one minority candidate must be interviewed under the efl rules.

"Hello Sol, fancy coming for an interview: we don't want you really, but, well, you know.."

A true bag of bollocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting sentence at the end. If the club conducts formal interviews, at least one minority candidate must be interviewed under the efl rules.

"Hello Sol, fancy coming for an interview: we don't want you really, but, well, you know.."

A true bag of bollocks.

Aye the way things currently are they best play ball in that area 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hutch said:

SuperKev in BEN “And I know of good candidates who have won promotions, worked at the lower end of the Championship, who would fancy the job."

Still think the BWFC job, in Division 4, needs a man of experience and if McCarthy/Warnock are available we should try and get them if we can

Really like the Plymouth forum though, seem to talk sense, they really rate Lowe....so even though I know little about him, if we want a young pup at least he has experience in the lower tier

 

 

It has to be the right experience though. How long is it since McCarthy or Warnock has worked at the bottom end of the food chain? Plus, aside from being a wanker, Colin Wanker should be immediately discounted for actively choosing to buy Gary Madine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An interesting sentence at the end. If the club conducts formal interviews, at least one minority candidate must be interviewed under the efl rules.

"Hello Sol, fancy coming for an interview: we don't want you really, but, well, you know.."

A true bag of bollocks.

Quite right IMO. Not a fan of Sol, but if this process gives the likes of Powell, Karl Henry or Hughton a chance and they perform and show more potential then bring it on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.