Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

8 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

They got up to 25 million for Bowen in January so they should be alright financially for now, but it's left them with that twat Magennis upfront & every chance of relegation.

Luton can still make it harder for Wiggin though , v QPR tonight & then they've got Hull next.

Charlton win Saturday and a couple of wins for Luton and they are deep trouble

You know what I hope these cunts fade into oblivion but if these players pull together and stay up then hat off from me. Would be an unbelievable achievement.  And speaks volumes for the character of the players and how much they play for the manager 

22 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

They got up to 25 million for Bowen in January so they should be alright financially for now, but it's left them with that twat Magennis upfront & every chance of relegation.

Luton can still make it harder for Wiggin though , v QPR tonight & then they've got Hull next.

Who the hell is bowen? And who the hell paid £25m for him?

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You know what I hope these cunts fade into oblivion but if these players pull together and stay up then hat off from me. Would be an unbelievable achievement.  And speaks volumes for the character of the players and how much they play for the manager 

And a fucking genius commercial decision to go into Admin 💣

Bigger issue being skint in the Championship is no fun, a longer death awaits. 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Talk of Tottenham giving Wigan £500,000 for a 15 year old. Fair play to these piemen they are miles better at it than our cunts.

It’s not gonna help them, this is the beginning of a real shitstorm unless they can keep this squad, which means funding the losses for 2-3 years. I see it’s very quiet on the supposed 50 expressions of interest. 

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not gonna help them, this is the beginning of a real shitstorm unless they can keep this squad, which means funding the losses for 2-3 years. I see it’s very quiet on the supposed 50 expressions of interest. 

They are fucked whether it’s this year or next. 

Expressions of interest are made up administrators talk. We had 6 bids allegedly.

A business that is losing £1m plus a month without being close to the premier league is desirable to no one other than someone who is a fan or stupid. 

I think back to how we could of been a championship club still if we’d been taken in that Jan. The reality is no one would of touched the mess it was left in.

There are different versions of fucked though aren't there.Leeds started in the 3rd Div on -15 but kept enough good players to reach the play offs that season.We went into the season on -12 but with the Youth team and finished bottom of the league

I'd love to see Wigan follow in our footsteps but have my doubts it will unfold that way

1 hour ago, tomski said:

They are fucked whether it’s this year or next. 

Expressions of interest are made up administrators talk. We had 6 bids allegedly.

A business that is losing £1m plus a month without being close to the premier league is desirable to no one other than someone who is a fan or stupid. 

I think back to how we could of been a championship club still if we’d been taken in that Jan. The reality is no one would of touched the mess it was left in.

I wouldn’t compare Wigan to us , not that you are. 
We were a basket case because of sweaty but also with the baggage of the “glory” days. but sweatys actions were abhorrent and I still can’t believe he’s not been in trouble for it with the insolvency service. A cover up job springs to mind  

wigan are losing a shit ton of money and are fucked. And you are right that they’re not attractive I wouldn’t say to anyone of a sane mind in current state. Need to be self sustainable same as the model we and many clubs are going for. It will become the new norm outside of the prem and a few others.