Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

The EFL board concluded “that the appointment of the receiver is not material to the club’s ability to fulfill its obligations as a member club and as a result should not be regarded as having suffered an insolvency event, meaning a 12-point deduction is not applicable”.

7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

What happened at Blackpool?  I seem to remember them entering admin or similar but not getting a points deduction around the time we did.  It was explained at the time why they didnt get a deduction and generally accepted but I can't for the life of me remember why.

Receiver was appointed to settle a legal matter and realise assets/force Payment. Wasn’t an insolvency event per se. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Receiver was appointed to settle a legal matter and realise assets/force Payment. Wasn’t an insolvency event per se. 

Ah right. Cheers. 

It's what some pie eaters are hanging their desperate hats on.

On 24/07/2020 at 08:28, woolli said:

A guy called Russ, along with Jumbo, were instrumental in their thuggery around the Springfield Rd era. They could be found in the Ball and Boot Pub, on quite a rough estate, Scholes if i remember rightly. I see these two at the twice yearly Northern Soul events here in Tenerife, and still chat about the old times. Although majority of that mob are now in the fifties, they still turn out for the big games, and also tasty away games.

Did they also follow Wigan RL?

There were a few in the 90s who caused a bit of bother at games, in particular against Warrington and Cas. They were utter cunts picking on scarfers but there was a small mob of Wigan RL who caused mayhem with them. Word was they were Wigan FC fans who picked and chose their RL matches for a bit of fun. One was a massive bloke. Might have been him?

31 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

There were a few in the 90s who caused a bit of bother at games, in particular against Warrington and Cas. They were utter cunts picking on scarfers but there was a small mob of Wigan RL who caused mayhem with them. Word was they were Wigan FC fans who picked and chose their RL matches for a bit of fun. One was a massive bloke. Might have been him?

Russ H did the occasional rugby match. We slapped them once at Burnden,  they came off the train, we came out of the Trotters whilst the strippers were on......Wigan got a real hiding that day.....next time they came, their bus was trashed at the bottom of Deane Road near the fire station......little Russ wanted to get off but he thought better of it........decent lad Russ to be fair, nickname was something like Budgie Face, after he got a metal barrier in his face before the Liverpool/Utd charity shield match around 81/82, pretty sure he had a bit of surgery after that incident.

34 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Russ H did the occasional rugby match. We slapped them once at Burnden,  they came off the train, we came out of the Trotters whilst the strippers were on......Wigan got a real hiding that day.....next time they came, their bus was trashed at the bottom of Deane Road near the fire station......little Russ wanted to get off but he thought better of it........decent lad Russ to be fair, nickname was something like Budgie Face, after he got a metal barrier in his face before the Liverpool/Utd charity shield match around 81/82, pretty sure he had a bit of surgery after that incident.

I think it was "birdcage" not budgie face

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I am sorry and believe me I have no love for Wigan or Bury but I didn't or dont want any of them to go bust just because we don't like them, do we not need to see the bigger picture 🤔

Generally most people would agree with you & I for one didn't want to see Bury go but these poisonous skip rats can fuck right off. Whilst some of us will take great pleasure in their demise they would have been on social media dancing with joy around Nats statue.... Karma is a bitch! 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I am sorry and believe me I have no love for Wigan or Bury but I didn't or dont want any of them to go bust just because we don't like them, do we not need to see the bigger picture 🤔

No, fuck ‘em.

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Maybe lost in the midsts of time but that JPS RL game at Burnden. Wigan vs Salford.  Absolute havoc on the Burnden Paddock. Seemed to be BWFC plus Wigan RL (maybe Wigan FC in there) against Salford (Man U). Went on all game. Running battles at the bottom near the fences and the big unit that I’m remembering was right in the thick of it

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Generally most people would agree with you & I for one didn't want to see Bury go but these poisonous skip rats can fuck right off. Whilst some of us will take great pleasure in their demise they would have been on social media dancing with joy around Nats statue.... Karma is a bitch! 

Yep. Bury are a minor annoyance and I wouldnt have a problem with them reappearing one day. Wigan can get to fuck

11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yes, more than likely. They did do the "tasty rugby games as well. It was very difficult miss Jumbo, he did stand out in the crowd!

15 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Maybe lost in the midsts of time but that JPS RL game at Burnden. Wigan vs Salford.  Absolute havoc on the Burnden Paddock. Seemed to be BWFC plus Wigan RL (maybe Wigan FC in there) against Salford (Man U). Went on all game. Running battles at the bottom near the fences and the big unit that I’m remembering was right in the thick of it

Think that was a saturday game wasn't it mate ?

I didn't go that one but went to all the ones when Wigan came down on the sundays, think the first one was against Batley.