Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

20 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Of course not I am saying we could attract a crowd of 42000 in the old second division (although it's more likely only 30000 were from Bolton) Sunderland must have bought 10000

OK sorry you are talking about season ticket holders fair enough, all I am saying is if Bolton are winning the support is there 

18 minutes ago, Carlos said:

You can't compare 1976 to  the present day. It's gone. In between that we've had sub 4k crowds. In the league we are in now.

I don't doubt in our lowest and losing games fickle fans fuck off what I am saying is if we are winning the support is there, we have sold over 8000 season tickets when we can't even get in the ground, we sold over 2500 Ifollow passes for last weeks game I am not saying we can compete with Manchester United I am just saying for a club our size the support is there 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Why can't I? 

You can but clearly it's a ridiculous comparison. I can spend all evening reeling off why. We got in to Europe and on TWO occasions there was barely over 10,000 on.

Look at the crowds in 96/97 when we FUCKING WALKED THE LEAGUE (and Burnden Park was always packed to the rafters), regularly around the 15K mark. We won promotion against QPR in front of under 20,000. FACTS.

Edited by Carlos

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

You can but clearly it's a ridiculous comparison. I can spend all evening reeling off why. We got in to Europe and on TWO occasions there was barely over 10,000 on.

Look at the crowds in 96/97 when we FUCKING WALKED THE LEAGUE (and Burnden Park was always packed to the rafters), regularly around the 15K mark. We won promotion against QPR in front of under 20,000. FACTS.

OK we are not Manchester United but what I am saying is give Bolton fans winning football and they will turn up, last time we won promotion from division 4 I went to Wrexham away and a local Policeman said "only time I have seen bigger away support is when England played Wales here" so Carlos try not to be so negative 

22 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

OK we are not Manchester United but what I am saying is give Bolton fans winning football and they will turn up, last time we won promotion from division 4 I went to Wrexham away and a local Policeman said "only time I have seen bigger away support is when England played Wales here" so Carlos try not to be so negative 

I was at both those games, blue Peter badge for me. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Depends if it’s got any guests or not 

I stay at the Hilton Wembley a lot, similar hotel to The Whites given it relies on Business and Sports predominantly (all be it to different levels) 

I was chatting to an employee at Hilton Wembley and they have been getting around 10% occupancy vs the usual 90%. Should imagine that The Whites Hotel is seeing similar levels - not good when Furlough ends next month 

My wife is a member of the gym.  Got an email today saying its not going to reopen in the foreseeable future.  So she's asking for a refund, its about half the price of a season ticket.  So if hundreds do that its a bit of a blow and another nail in the coffin given that normally they'd be selling more memberships around Christmas time, that's not going to happen.  If the gym is shut nobody is going to pay normal rates to stay there for the weekend.

We've just stayed at a hotel that had gym/pool/jacuzzi facilities very similar to Whites and most of it was open so not sure what the difference is.

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

My wife is a member of the gym.  Got an email today saying its not going to reopen in the foreseeable future.  So she's asking for a refund, its about half the price of a season ticket.  So if hundreds do that its a bit of a blow and another nail in the coffin given that normally they'd be selling more memberships around Christmas time, that's not going to happen.  If the gym is shut nobody is going to pay normal rates to stay there for the weekend.

We've just stayed at a hotel that had gym/pool/jacuzzi facilities very similar to Whites and most of it was open so not sure what the difference is.

Hilton Wembley Pool was shut but gym open, I’ve stayed elsewhere and the gym was fully shut. Think it depends on how you get on socially distancing the machines etc 

I’m sure they looked at it and decided that it’s not worth opening 

17 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

That day was the beginning of the end of England's era as the world's best mob.After a few Munich taunts from the Liverpool/Everton firm, United steamed into the Scouse cunts on the way to Wrexham's ground and the rest of  England's support turned on United.The last time a big United mob went to to an England away game was Glasgow in 1989 when it kicked off with the Cockneys rather than the Scots.United fucked England off then and without United the little Englanders now can't handle the Russians, French Arabs or Turks

I think the Scouse cunts fucked England off 15 -20 years ago, they were no good anyway they were only there for the thieving.The Scousers go to the likes of Glastonbury to rob rather than England aways now

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That day was the beginning of the end of England's era as the world's best mob.After a few Munich taunts from the Liverpool/Everton firm, United steamed into the Scouse cunts on the way to Wrexham's ground and the rest of  England's support turned on United.The last time a big United mob went to to an England away game was Glasgow in 1989 when it kicked off with the Cockneys rather than the Scots.United fucked England off then and without United the little Englanders now can't handle the Russians, French Arabs or Turks

I think the Scouse cunts fucked England off 15 -20 years ago, they were no good anyway they were only there for the thieving.The Scousers go to the likes of Glastonbury to rob rather than England aways now

Fuckin hell Rog - you get redder every fuckin day

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Fuckin hell Rog - you get redder every fuckin day

I had my screen zoomed in so I’m reading the thread and not the column with poster details. I got half way through that post and had to scroll left just to see if my suspicions that Roger the Red was the author.

How could it have been anyone else?

53 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Good work Rog!!

👍