Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

36 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

£2.50 & a bit of fluff from down the back of the couch 😁.... £3m I think

So the minimum required will be the same so that creditors get there 25p in the pound, plus they need to show funds for 2 years must be 6 million required with no prospect of getting a return and crowds not coming back anytime soon,  not looking good for them. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

You have to feel for Bury, Macclesfield in all this, they weren't afforded the same amount of time to get sorted, stinks to high heaven that the EFL are bending over backwards for these fuckers.

I think the difference is they weren't paying their players.

On a related note, I see Burnley's new owner has been interviewed today. He seems a bit of a character, promising a "unique" approach and going on to say:

"I don't think you've ever seen anyone like me"

"We are not going to do stupid stuff. We may say silly things that people take issue with but we are going to act differently and we are going to show that in the things we do."

His takeover is funded by loans from Michael Dell's MSD UK Holdings apparently. It's early days, but it sounds like it could be the kind of thing that quite quickly goes tits up.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think the difference is they weren't paying their players.

On a related note, I see Burnley's new owner has been interviewed today. He seems a bit of a character, promising a "unique" approach and going on to say:

"I don't think you've ever seen anyone like me"

"We are not going to do stupid stuff. We may say silly things that people take issue with but we are going to act differently and we are going to show that in the things we do."

His takeover is funded by loans from Michael Dell's MSD UK Holdings apparently. It's early days, but it sounds like it could be the kind of thing that quite quickly goes tits up.

Anyone who says they are a bit different are usually just cunts. 

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Have they been flushed yet?

Will be in a similar position to us now where I think their new Shazza will accept relegation and take the penalty of probable relegation. 

Billy Crellin first signing to stop the rot

On 05/01/2021 at 15:12, Take Hunt Off said:

The moon man from Wiggin ,& his multimillionair friends in the middle east will be back in with an eye watering offer + copious amounts of uncle Joe's mintballs.

Mr Frampton is indeed back - no doubt with his sliding roof and the promise of European Football ...  

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/frampton-group-back-wigan-athletic-3087535

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, tomski said:

Will be in a similar position to us now where I think their new Shazza will accept relegation and take the penalty of probable relegation. 

Billy Crellin first signing to stop the rot

It'd be the first thing he did stop.. Except pens obviously. 

• Site Supporter

That £3 million they need to sell for to avoid a 15pt deduction is looking very unlikely now

So, sell for £1.5mill, basically get relegated and in all probability free fall through the pyramid.

Pinch me