Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Reading more into this Frampton guy. He's a Wigginer but based in Hong Kong for 15 years. You'd think they'd be suspicious of Chinese money right now but ....

He's a RU fan & a Chelsea supporter too.

He teamed up with a guy called Jeffries and has wooed the town by not keeping himself to just the Ticks but biggest town developments on an infeasible scale. New Hospital, new hotels, new roads, a monorail for the town, a sliding roof for the stadium, a 'guarentee' of the club returning to the Premiership and much else. All in the pending Covid-druven recession.

However he never quite showed proof of funding. Funny that.

What is needed by now is

£3m x 2 to buy and guarantee covering running costs for 2 years.

£3m for all the Admin & legal costs.

Whatever it takes to get them functioning.

So, a minimum of £9m+ & that would have them as a Div4 team realistically. 

Not huge in real terms. But it's needed damn quick. The Admins, once they finish bleeding them dry should soon have to call in Liquidators. Within the month tbh. It would take longer than that for any bidder to be "fit & propered" by the authorities. The EFL have been very indulgent so far but can't keep kicking the can down the road.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Reading more into this Frampton guy. He's a Wigginer but based in Hong Kong for 15 years. You'd think they'd be suspicious of Chinese money right now but ....

He's a RU fan & a Chelsea supporter too.

He teamed up with a guy called Jeffries and has wooed the town by not keeping himself to just the Ticks but biggest town developments on an infeasible scale. New Hospital, new hotels, new roads, a monorail for the town, a sliding roof for the stadium, a 'guarentee' of the club returning to the Premiership and much else. All in the pending Covid-druven recession.

However he never quite showed proof of funding. Funny that.

Just been confirmed that Frampton is no longer in the running 

Not sure in reality he ever was 

article refers to Admins needing money to pay February wages - so clock is very much ticking 

Still reckon they'll be saved

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/frampton-group-out-wigan-athletic-takeover-race-3106478

When all this started I was almost certain somehow they would be saved. But it was an opportunity I could not refuse by taking the piss out of them. Went on WiganWays laughing, and i fed the Wigan fan I know spoonfuls of patronising concern. Now I'm not as confident as I was that they will be saved.

I know how I felt when we went through our troubles. I'll say it again, outside problems with family & friends it was the worst feelings I ever had. I hope their roller-coaster of emotions are the same. Still think they will come out of it. But only by the skin of their teeth.

#J&IC

Edited by Underpants

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

When all this started I was almost certain somehow they would be saved. But it was an opportunity I could not refuse by taking the piss out of them. Went on WiganWays laughing, and i fed the Wigan fan I know spoonfuls of patronising concern. Now I'm not as confident as I was that they will be saved.

I know how I felt when we went through our troubles. I'll say it again, outside problems with family & friends it was the was feelings I ever had. I hope their roller-coaster of emotions are the same. Still think they will come out of it. But only by the skin of their teeth.

#J&IC

I'll never forget the first time we were in court facing liquidation, I was in Krakow on a break with the Mrs and to say my mind was elsewhere was an understatement.  Trying to "enjoy" the tourism whilst looking for the minute by minute Twitter updates.  And so it went on for months after.  So grateful to have come out the other side of that, touch wood and all that.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Players still need paying. No money, no wages and they can do one as we experienced. 

I must be tired. I read this as, “Prayers still need praying.”

Not in this church! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comments about interest from HMRC and/or non-payment of wages will be the real red flag here. On the former the pandemic is certainly helping them. 

If they do survive the ideal would be for a further points deduction to be incurred at some point. The more harm is inflicted the more they'll be vulnerable the next time we play them. Which may well be next season.

Administrators have Issued an Update 

They no longer have the 11 interested parties - up to 14 now !!

4 have shown proof of funds , and interestingly they  are confirming Frampton has gone because he did not show them proof of funds 

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/january/Statement-from-the-Joint-Administrators-22-01-21-/

Edited by Benny The Ball

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

No one has paid the money, apart from the Spaniards - and they've fucked off now,

Any approved bids have to be reviewed, assessed by tbe Admins. A deposit laid. Then the chosen one(s) given full access to review the club & then make a firm bid. That has to meet very considerable costs.

Ones that fit the bill sent to the EFL for their weird approval process.

This will take ages. During which the bidders may pull out ... as the Spaniards did.

Meanwhile, costs rack up. Plus the players & suppliers need paying, effectively in cash.

This cannot possible be achieved in any workable timeframe.

Most of these 14 will be tyre kickers, or won't be really able to fund their bid.