Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Well they won't be able to actually buy any players for 2 years due to the EFL transfer embargo, so even if these Ay Rabs have cash to splash, they are going to have to be very patient. If they go down to Lge 2 their home crowds would probably be around 6k if they're lucky, so at least the new owners will see their "large fan base" for what it is - pitifully poor. Gimme Sharon and Michael anytime.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

29 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Well they won't be able to actually buy any players for 2 years due to the EFL transfer embargo, so even if these Ay Rabs have cash to splash, they are going to have to be very patient. If they go down to Lge 2 their home crowds would probably be around 6k if they're lucky, so at least the new owners will see their "large fan base" for what it is - pitifully poor. Gimme Sharon and Michael anytime.

Not so sure having a wealthy owner makes much difference in the lower leagues anymore. Not now the salary caps come in. That's if he is actually wealthy.

He's got some lovely horse paintings though I'll give him that. 

And they'll never be short of tea towels!

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'm not sure they have one. I think it can be avoided if all debts are paid.

27 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Great start for the new owners last night.

relegation would be a very welcome start!

It's certainly tight down at the bottom, it would be just splendid if we passed them on the way up/down

I still can't see why anybody would want to buy WIgan, I really can't. I can see it all ending in tears, once they realise this arab bloke doesn't have any money (fingers crossed)

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I still can't see why anybody would want to buy WIgan, I really can't. I can see it all ending in tears, once they realise this arab bloke doesn't have any money (fingers crossed)

Me neither, there's just no potential for making any money as far as i can see. Presumably the Arabs haven't bought them out of their undying love of Wigan Athletic, so it does make you wonder what their motives are.

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Me neither, there's just no potential for making any money as far as i can see. Presumably the Arabs haven't bought them out of their undying love of Wigan Athletic, so it does make you wonder what their motives are.

It could be a game for them if they have money to burn just like the Munich lot investing in Salford 

Who cares if Sheikh Mahdikatkids has rode in to save the day..?

I didn't give a shit when they scabbed the F.A. Cup.

I didn't give a shit when they besmirched Sir Nat's statue with their shitrag.

When they 'took' Bolton Town Centre...

Insh'Allah we switch places this summer and our paths never cross again.

If, in future, they go to the wall or conversely get bankrolled back to the Premier, even qualify for Europe - I'd still be more interested in the contents of my handkerchief the last time I'd blown my nose ( © Curtis/Elton).

No history cunts who desperately want to foster a rivalry with us.

It isn't there.

Don't indulge them.

An irrelevance.

Now Welsby's mob, however...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
56 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Ex White Leam Richardson is their new manager.

Kin ell 

I recall him as the type of player that was on the fringes for a while but was always reduced to the sub player picture on Bolton calendars, as opposed to commanding his own month