Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Jim White was talking that it’s been positive this week, think he’s spoke to the admins 

like tomski, I dont doubt you

But surely the admins have to be positive

They're the sellers after all

53 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I can’t see them getting a buyer, the 25 million to the Hong Kong guy needs settling plus other football creditors in full. 

Isn't that still in dispute? That link someone posted the other day suggested they may have as little as 5m to find

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

If anyone is Interested , the full transcript of Wigan's appeal has been posted on the EFL website 

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/201920/1920-judgements/wigan-athletic-v-efl.pdf

A pretty lengthy read, but the series of events through June sounds ridiculous. The wool well and truly pulled over the “English Directors”* eyes.

*as defined in the judgement.

i still think the "its one person" is a good bet as the story about newleaderfund wanting to put them in admin straight away (what was it , 28 days ?) is too , erm 'convienient' (?) as thats how it worked out ..

like summat out of italian football. 

3 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

A pretty lengthy read, but the series of events through June sounds ridiculous. The wool well and truly pulled over the “English Directors”* eyes.

*as defined in the judgement.

Can’t see it making any difference to the outcome it’s find new owner or liquidate. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Underpants said:

Not been on their forum for a bit. Might go on and tell them I've got my season ticket for next season.

Hopefully for the Hollands Puddings and Pies Northern West Counties Football League Division One North.

So this Thursday and then Tuesday update is Twatter bollocks after all so no news is good news.

This Ganaye bloke who's got them all in a lather doesnt sound up to much- too many fingers in too many pies! and one of them Barnsley who they now hate almost as much as us..Apart from Lenagan the rugby mon (who probably just wants the ground) no sign of anyone else. The cistern is filling.  Tick fooking tock....

I don't think it's wishful thinking on my part but their situation is reminiscent of Bury's. We always had FV waiting in the wings determined to get a deal over the line, whilst other consortiums sniffed around. 

Wigan just have people sniffing around at this late stage and chancers turning up late in the day just like happened at Bury. 

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

And accepted £500k from Swansea for him apparently 

Wigan rejected the bid from Swansea,as it would have left them "out of pocket"

Apparently.

In other news, Antoneee Robinson fancies the London life and is on his way to Fulham.

Apparently. 😄

Loving all this Wigan shitstorm.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wigan rejected the bid from Swansea,as it would have left them "out of pocket"

Apparently.

In other news, Antoneee Robinson fancies the London life and is on his way to Fulham.

Apparently. 😄

Loving all this Wigan shitstorm.

Ah ok. He’s agreed terms though.. 

50k a week from Fulham to Robinson that’s what’s pushed him away from Sheff U 

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ah ok. He’s agreed terms though.. 

50k a week from Fulham to Robinson that’s what’s pushed him away from Sheff U 

If that £50k a week is anywhere near accurate BC then it just shows how completely out of sync football is. That’s effectively the total wage cap for the whole of L1 for a player who has never even played a minute of PL football. Crazy or what but if his wages are that high does it mean he’s gone for a knock down fee?

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

If that £50k a week is anywhere near accurate BC then it just shows how completely out of sync football is. That’s effectively the total wage cap for the whole of L1 for a player who has never even played a minute of PL football. Crazy or what but if his wages are that high does it mean he’s gone for a knock down fee?

He has a release clause in his contract for 1.5m I think if relegated (summat like that). Was only 7 months ago he was away To inter for 10m. Things like this warm my cockles 😁

but him getting 50k A week is as you point out everything That is wrong with top level football nowadays. I for one don’t want our club anywhere near it 

19 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

When with us he could not judge balls played long over his head. Constantly out of position his pace got him out of it at our level but will get torn apart in PL unless he has improved beyond all recognition. 

This reads very bad for Wigan. This American would rather sort the Charlton ownership mess than take Wigan on.

Sandgaard also spoke to the administrators at Wigan about potentially buying the Latics.

The two parties had two lots of communication before Sandgaard eventually walked away, even though he accepts Wigan would have been a far easier deal to do.

"It had all been cleaned up," he said. "But I find much more potential in Charlton."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53837348