Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The official Wigan are shit thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

14 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

Wigan was a rugby town with no real football heritage when Wigan Borough became founder members of Div 3N in 1921. The placed was not earned as Wigan United /Wigan Association / Wigan Borough (three names in one season) finished 17th of 18 clubs in the Lancashire Combination in 1919-20. Champions for the first time were Chorley. The FA simply wanted to invade RL territory as they had previously done with Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield and Bradford.

RL fans had no time for football clubs in the town.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Euxton - rumoured to be going to Preston 

 

36 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Hemmings might bide his time until residential planning is approved.

PNE have recently had plans passed for a new training ground closer to home.

Might be wrong with that last bit now I think of it. They were wanting a bigger development so Euxton might fit the bill better than their proposed site.

Is Hemmings still involved with Chorley as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

 

Is Hemmings still involved with Chorley as well?

No, he pulled out about 4 years ago.

Parting gift was to put a roof over the open end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Apparently the administrator Gerald Krasner is now taking legal action over allegations posted on social media yesterday 

A link to that is here https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-administrator-taking-legal-action-over-serious-allegation-2950605

The comments he has taken issue with are below - Jonathon Jackson is/ was   Chief Executive of Wigan Athletic 

Leneghan owns Wigan Warriors 

Image

Image

Jackson will ask supporters to buy £500 bonds so he can buy the stadium...

Think I’ll sneak in with £4k bid, just to outbid his maximum. 
 

I reckon I could get a profit in scrap steel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

Lets Hope these new american owners read these comments and with their Football League golden share in hand ,do something for the greater good of the game

Relocate them to Gigg Lane - and once there - change their name to Bury FC 

and consign the name Wigan Athletic where it belongs -  to the History books along with Wigan Borough and the other failed football clubs from the town 

That will shut em up - they'd be proper dead and Bury'd ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Lets Hope these new american owners read these comments and with their Football League golden share in hand ,do something for the greater good of the game

Relocate them to Gigg Lane - and once there - change their name to Bury FC 

and consign the name Wigan Athletic where it belongs -  to the History books along with Wigan Borough and the other failed football clubs from the town 

That will shut em up - they'd be proper dead and Bury'd ! 

If they do get saved, convinced they’ll be playing in Leigh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

A friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to work in the commercial department for both Wigan Rugby and Wigan Athletic. He told be that in the ticket office it wasn't unusual for rugby fans to say that they would only sit in a red seat and football fans only wanting a pay for a blue seat

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Wigan was a rugby town with no real football heritage when Wigan Borough became founder members of Div 3N in 1921. The placed was not earned as Wigan United /Wigan Association / Wigan Borough (three names in one season) finished 17th of 18 clubs in the Lancashire Combination in 1919-20. Champions for the first time were Chorley. The FA simply wanted to invade RL territory as they had previously done with Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield and Bradford.

RL fans had no time for football clubs in the town.

This is a local sport for local people, we'll have no soccer here

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, junot said:

A friend of mine, now sadly deceased, used to work in the commercial department for both Wigan Rugby and Wigan Athletic. He told be that in the ticket office it wasn't unusual for rugby fans to say that they would only sit in a red seat and football fans only wanting a pay for a blue seat

They will all be red and white next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

They are from the same bloody town.....tic fans saying they wont step inside the stadium if its owned by the warriors....and a warriors fan just said if they own the ground the first thing is to get rid of the statue of whelan...mind boggles

my mum's side of the family are from Wigan, all rugby supporters, not one of them has time of the footy team - one of them can't stand them - between them they support Utd, Liverpool, Preston, Blackburn 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

I’m proud Bolton doesn’t have a proper rugby team

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Am i missing something here....If the roles were reversed and Bolton had a top Rugby team who shared our stadium would you not also support them.

Its your town, i just dont get it

I’d still support salford. Doesn’t work like that in reality does it 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, snowball said:

And the update is .....

there will be another update on Thursday. Starting to sound familiar this but with no deternined bidder it seems. Apart from Leneghan who only wants the stadium...allegedly 

tick tock

If that update isn't a positive one i.e we have a buyer and we're doing all we can to get this through in time to start the season. Then I'm buying my jelly and ice cream before it sells out in Bolton.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino changed the title to The official Wigan are shit thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.