Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The official Wigan are shit thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Not sure where this fits into the general scheme of things 

Supporters club launching a bid to raise £500k to save the club 

Supported by Lisa Nandy MP Wigan Council and the club CEO Jonathon Jackson who was rumoured to be organising a bid of his own 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/supporters-bid-raise-ps500000-save-wigan-athletic-2953185

Pledges of £250 plus are requested. 
 

Think they will struggle unless someone puts in a significant %. Also they want £100k to look at the books but only need £500k to save the club ? 
 

£500k at £250 a time means you need 2000 people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

38 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Not sure where this fits into the general scheme of things 

Supporters club launching a bid to raise £500k to save the club 

Supported by Lisa Nandy MP Wigan Council and the club CEO Jonathon Jackson who was rumoured to be organising a bid of his own 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/supporters-bid-raise-ps500000-save-wigan-athletic-2953185

They gotta sell a lot of second hand Lonsdale to raise those funds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Their idiots says the 500k is to buy a shareholding alongside the yanks

Tbf, there's a load more think they're not starting the season

Some meeting with the admins tomorrow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Casino said:

Their idiots says the 500k is to buy a shareholding alongside the yanks

Tbf, there's a load more think they're not starting the season

Some meeting with the admins tomorrow?

It reminds me of when our ST were demanding a seat at the table. At least this lot are suggesting they will chip in £500k. 
 

Investing in a football club is dodgy enough without giving some of your shares away to a group with no business history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ani said:

It reminds me of when our ST were demanding a seat at the table. At least this lot are suggesting they will chip in £500k. 
 

Investing in a football club is dodgy enough without giving some of your shares away to a group with no business history. 

Ours wanted 10% for a 100k donation

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ani said:

Pledges of £250 plus are requested. 
 

Think they will struggle unless someone puts in a significant %. Also they want £100k to look at the books but only need £500k to save the club ? 
 

£500k at £250 a time means you need 2000 people. 

They are accepting any level of donation - seem to be doing alright - early days -  but might well do it if they can get some momentum and press interest outside of wigan -   quite a few fans from other clubs chipping in as well - over £40k pledged when I looked a few minutes ago 

That Jonathon Jackson saying monies to enable club to start the season if no buyer found 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/we-need-fans-help-save-wigan-athletic-says-jonathan-jackson-2953486

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

really? - what do they need money for, they don't do anything do they?

Holidays to non quarantine destinations don’t come cheap mate. Cost a fortune for them to get their holiday out of the trust this year.  Plus one might want an extension on the house 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

They are accepting any level of donation - seem to be doing alright - early days -  but might well do it if they can get some momentum and press interest outside of wigan -   quite a few fans from other clubs chipping in as well - over £40k pledged when I looked a few minutes ago 

That Jonathon Jackson saying monies to enable club to start the season if no buyer found 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/we-need-fans-help-save-wigan-athletic-says-jonathan-jackson-2953486

Aye, fair play to them.  They're guaranteeing the return of the money if it goes belly up and offering incentives to those that pay.  I can see them doing it but it's a drop in the ocean and if no buyer comes in, it'll just be a stay of execution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

They are accepting any level of donation - seem to be doing alright - early days -  but might well do it if they can get some momentum and press interest outside of wigan -   quite a few fans from other clubs chipping in as well - over £40k pledged when I looked a few minutes ago 

That Jonathon Jackson saying monies to enable club to start the season if no buyer found 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/we-need-fans-help-save-wigan-athletic-says-jonathan-jackson-2953486

They are up to £96k from about 500 people so about £188 each on average. 
 

My point really is that the amount they will raise won’t be enough to keep the club going. The club really does not seem to have the massive debts you see reported by others so could be seen as a decent target for investment. 
 

But if no one comes in what use is the £500k ?  if someone does come in will the £500k be needed ? Similar to the things our ST came up with, might be well intentioned but not sure what help they can be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last day of business before the deadline is tomorrow. Like us and Bury they’ll more than likely get an extension, then no doubt a turd in shining armour will ride in to save them at the last minute.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino changed the title to The official Wigan are shit thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.