Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

15 hours ago, MickyD said:

Tics fans? TICS fans? What the fuck even is one of those?

La Tics, you dipstick.

Why use two syllables when you can use one?

Oldham are Latics to me and probably to Wigan fans too although they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Edited by Whitesince63

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

La Tics, you dipstick.

Oldham are Latics to me and probably to Wigan fans too although they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Did they knock Springfield Park down?

Moving back into that Jurassic ground would suit you lit down to the ground.

One aspect of this saga that starts to intrigue me as the clock ticks down is the lack of any public statement by the EFL

Wigan's website and Twitter feed ( controlled by the admins ) are as of yesterday advising supporters how to watch the weekends  Carabou cup tie. 

So on the surface all appears to be business as usual - but is it ? 

Without a preferred buyer being confirmed am surprised they are allowed to play, and if they are would expect the EFL to confirm on what basis. 

• Site Supporter

La Tics, you dipstick.

Maybe you’re mistaking me for someone who actually gives a flying fuck about how you pie eating cunts refer to your team. I was asking about “tics” because despite spending a number of years working with Wigan fans, I never once heard them referred to as tics. Like NEVER!

By the way, Oldham, to me are Oldham. Wigan are Wigan. It kind of differentiates between two teams with the same name. I’m lucky in that respect in that Bolton, my team, are the one and only Wanderers.

Now how about you fuck off back to your shit team and quit with your shit attempts at infiltrating this forum.

Edited by MickyD

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

La Tics, you dipstick.

Going bust or at least non league you goon. Back to where you belong . Now altered to 'Tic Tock

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

One aspect of this saga that starts to intrigue me as the clock ticks down is the lack of any public statement by the EFL

Wigan's website and Twitter feed ( controlled by the admins ) are as of yesterday advising supporters how to watch the weekends  Carabou cup tie. 

So on the surface all appears to be business as usual - but is it ? 

Without a preferred buyer being confirmed am surprised they are allowed to play, and if they are would expect the EFL to confirm on what basis. 

Wonder if all these bury fans that hate us and think the EFL let us off will have the same opinion of Wigan if the EFL let them start the season as well 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Maybe you’re mistaking me for someone who actually gives a flying fuck about how you pie eating cunts refer to your team. I was asking about “tics” because despite spending a number of years working with Wigan fans, I never once heard them referred to as tics. Like NEVER!

By the way, Oldham, to me are Oldham. Wigan are Wigan. It kind of differentiates between two teams with the same name. I’m lucky in that respect in that Bolton, my team, are the one and only Wanderers.

Now how about you fuck off back to your shit team and quit with your shit attempts at infiltrating this forum.

I agree with the Oldham are Oldham, Wigan are Wigan etc.  But why are you being aggressive to Whitesince63?  I get the impression he's been a Wanderer through thick and think since 63, he doesnt need to justify himself any more than any of us on here.  Just not sure what made you so angry, just because he said Tics.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’m not mistaking you for anything other than a rude, ignorant, foul mouthed little toe rag and since I was watching Wanderers probably long before you spat your dummy out, if you have by now, If you knew anything about football history you’d know that there was a team called Wanderers well before us but then with your intellect I wouldn’t expect you to know that.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I agree with the Oldham are Oldham, Wigan are Wigan etc.  But why are you being aggressive to Whitesince63?  I get the impression he's been a Wanderer through thick and think since 63, he doesnt need to justify himself any more than any of us on here.  Just not sure what made you so angry, just because he said Tics.

I’ve been following this thread from the start. Once or twice, since his arrival, he’s used terms about Wigan and some of their players and staff that Bolton fans just wouldn’t be giving ash it about, never mind quoting them on a Bolton forum. My BS detector is screaming Wigan imposter.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Can't see how EFL let them play any cup games until they get a takeover, if they win their cup game and then go pop, then what?

I think the league Cup isn't as emotive

They fold, one team gets a bye

Starting the league will be the one

Theyll be asked to show they can complete the season, imo

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Thank you Johnny, I’m not normally given to nasty quotes but idiots like that one just wind me up. As you say, been there through thick and very thin and looking forward to some more thick this season onwards. In future I’ll refer to them as Wigan, seems it’s safer!! 😉

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m not mistaking you for anything other than a rude, ignorant, foul mouthed little toe rag and since I was watching Wanderers probably long before you spat your dummy out, if you have by now, If you knew anything about football history you’d know that there was a team called Wanderers well before us but then with your intellect I wouldn’t expect you to know that.

And this is another case confirming the previous suspicions that you are a Wiganner. My point was more about the oft chanted, “We are the one and only Wanderers!” not a fact that I know of no other club suffixed Wanderers, nor that a club pre-1900 was known as The Wanderers who did fairly well in early FACup competitions.

If I’m proved to be incorrect in my suspicions about where your football loyalties lie then I’ll retract all. We’ll see eventually. 

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’ve been following this thread from the start. Once or twice, since his arrival, he’s used terms about Wigan and some of their players and staff that Bolton fans just wouldn’t be giving ash it about, never mind quoting them on a Bolton forum. My BS detector is screaming Wigan imposter.

Micky, I promise You that I’m a long time Bona fide Wanderers fan and I’m really surprised that you concluded from my posts that I’m in any way a Tics (sorry Wigan 😉) fan. I’m also a football fan who didn’t want Bury to go bust, nor do I want Wigan to go the same way. I fully accept that what some of their fans did when we were struggling was unsavoury but I think it was just a small portion of their fan base. Each to his own and if you want to wish destruction on them, you might want to ask yourself why, they’re irrelevant to us but not so far to go to stuff them which must be only good. Chill out pal.

16 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

If you knew anything about football history you’d know that there was a team called Wanderers well before us that ceased to exist in the 1880s , prior to the founding of the Football League , giving my learned friends argument credibility , especially as a club from Wolverhampton adopted the name 2 years after we did  .....                  but then  I wouldn’t expect you to know that.

8 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

If you knew anything about football history you’d know that there was a team called Wanderers well before us that ceased to exist in the 1880s , prior to the founding of the Football League , giving my learned friends argument credibility , especially as a club from Wolverhampton adopted the name 2 years after we did  .....                  but then  I wouldn’t expect you to know that.

Indeed we used to be called Christ Church but we fell out with the vicar when he wanted to put up the rent on the pitch we played on. We were given the name because then we used to 'wander' around town looking for a pitch to play on for every home game. Steeped in history this club.

For the benefit of any younger ones on here who don't know the history.

• Site Supporter

Micky, I promise You that I’m a long time Bona fide Wanderers fan and I’m really surprised that you concluded from my posts that I’m in any way a Tics (sorry Wigan 😉) fan. I’m also a football fan who didn’t want Bury to go bust, nor do I want Wigan to go the same way. I fully accept that what some of their fans did when we were struggling was unsavoury but I think it was just a small portion of their fan base. Each to his own and if you want to wish destruction on them, you might want to ask yourself why, they’re irrelevant to us but not so far to go to stuff them which must be only good. Chill out pal.

Then you'll know the name of the bloke we all used to throw coins at on the paddock in the 90's......

This has popped up - its notes of yesterday's meeting between Administrator and supporters club representative 

Meeting Gerald Krasner – Tuesday 1st September 2020

I had a telephone meeting with Administrator Gerald Krasnor on Tuesday evening where there was an opportunity to put forward questions raised by supporters over recent events at the club. The call lasted 33 minutes.

Quite a large amount of the conversation was ‘off the record’ or ‘unable to comment on’ so I cannot report that back, but below is a fair summary of what he answered on the record.

We started with perhaps the most burning issue which is a rumour circulating about the possibility of former Port Vale owner, Norman Smurthwaite, being one of the active bidders.

Norman Smurthwaite, I was administrator at Port Vale 6/7 years ago, but I wasn’t the lead administrator, my partner dealt with Mr Smurthwaite as he lived in Stoke, I never dealt with nor met Mr Smurthwaite.

That doesn’t make me not responsible for the sale as we’re all responsible for everything, but I want to make it clear that, number one: I’ve never met the guy, until recently, and number two: I didn’t do the sale to him.

He’s made himself public, which is a silly thing to do. I’m rough but at least I will try to communicate, he’s boss and everyone has to do as he says.

I am obliged, by law to take the best offer.

Player Sales

We have sold players for £7.4m, the first £1.8m of that is covered by the Weir, Gelhardt and Devine sales, all that money was used to pay the wages because when we walked in on 1st July the wages hadn’t been paid for June and July (would have to be found), we also were allowed to get that money because we sold to Premier League and not EFL clubs, although we have paid the players wages, we haven’t paid the PAYE on it, the wages net were £1m now we have a big PAYE bill to find and it is a loss in administration.

So you’ve got to knock off £1.7m of the transfer income of monies that goes to Football creditors as you can’t use the same money twice. We’re down now to £5.7m of ‘proper’ football sales to use for the Football Creditors. So we are still £700K short.

There’s one more player we’re going to sell to bridge that gap, probably Kipre, everybody knew what we had to do.

Let’s just say then that the money from the footballers have paid net wages and football creditors in round terms, the football creditors will be totally paid off once we get all the money in, if not today or tomorrow, then within a week they will be.

Now the other problem we’ve got is a number of the players that remain have contacted us and said that they don’t want to play League 1 football next season. But nobody wants them and we’re not going to be pressurised, but we’ve had to deal with this as we’ve had to get the wage bill down to £2.5m (salary cap), nobody seems to remember that the wage bill was over £12m. That was just footballers, don’t forget about all the other wages.

That deals with the player sales.

I’m still talking to a number of bidders, no one has disappeared, in fact someone has come along interested but they’ve not dropped their formal offer in yet. Once someone puts an acceptable offer in, we can move very quickly.

I’m still talking to the Americans, they’ve been emailed today, their problem is they’re on different time scales and we can’t answer their emails a minute after we get them, but we’re talking to other people not just concentrating on one. So no matter what the fans are telling me, “I’ve got to give it away to Ganaye” that will not happen, and why won’t it happen? We have to pay at the moment, on top of the Football Creditors, £1.3m to the non Footballing creditors or take a 15 point penalty.

We have to pay the losses in the administration (PAYE + other) which by the end of September will be £3m, and we have to pay the costs – the EFL costs (the appeal), our costs, the legal costs – and that is a figure just over £2m, now as of today I have still not been paid a penny.

We had to do the appeal, we had a marvellous offer if we stayed in the Championship, in excess of £10m, the cost hasn’t come in at half a million, but there is no change out of £300K, though you can see why we had to appeal.

I’ve got to pay £1.3m to the other creditors to stop the penalty next season, HRMC are more than 50%, but there are other creditors, if we don’t pay 25p in the £ by the end of next season, we’ve got three years to pay 35p in the £, but that adds another half a million to the bill.

Now what I am looking at as a last resort is the buyers can be paying all this, but if I say to the buyers that you’ve got to pay £6.4m no one would touch it, which is why we have gone down the strategy we have gone. But I’m looking at saying ‘Right we’ll drop the price by £1.3m but we’re not paying the creditors that’s your problem within the next year’ so it gives them a bit of leeway on cash, but I don’t think the EFL will be very happy with that.

If the debt isn’t cleared there is the 15 point penalty and I want to give the new owners a clean start.

So the bidders are still there but trying to get them to understand what we are doing…

I value the Stadium at £3m, I value Christopher Park at half a million and Sharpey’s at half a million, so that’s the £4 million. Plus add-ons

Now we’re not looking to make a profit, we’re looking to get paid and walk away and let the new owners take it forward, this has been a very difficult job, more difficult than the Leeds one which was £100s of millions, we had six weeks to prepare for Leeds, no time to prepare for this.

The Supporters Club have raised approaching a million pounds, that is real money. You’ve got to get together all of you. Got to look at all alternatives.

Tell the fans to stop WhatsApping me because I’m not answering them anymore.

Meeting with EFL today (Wednesday) regarding starting the season, no announcement until decision made.

I don’t care who buys the club but they have to pay the right price.

If a deal is agreed in outline it can be done in a week.

At the moment the Academy is self sufficient with the money from the Football League, whether it will be in the future or it’s something that the new owners want to keep, is up to them.

By, Barry Worthington