Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

The link earlier in the thread was from a player saying it was for BLM, other players have also said that. Many are gormless and doing it because they’re told to, Rudy works with players and he said it’s for black people. So from this thread Alone and speaking to a league 1 player there’s not one definitive answer, if the players don’t know then I don’t and nor do you or anyone else.

Now if you asked what they’re linking arms for I reckon they would all have the same answer.

Which players that took the knee are "gormless"? As there are "many" of them, I expect you'll be able to provide a short list.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Ta. Trouble evidently now is folk are questioning just what BLM actually means. Do clubs need to come out and explain? They're not going to do that.There's probably too much ambiguity surrounding it now, sadly.

Always been ambiguity with it, it’s covers a huge amount of ground from a simple anti racism message at one end, through a belief that Western systems like the UK’s is systemically racists in the middle to the outright anarchism at the other end 

To be fair, they denounce the violence and vandalism on that U.K. web site so I will ignore the extreme element. However it’s fair to say that their core belief, that the vast majority in the group share, is that our system is Systemically racist. That’s basically saying our education, healthcare, welfare systems etc are inherently racist in favour if white people. I fundamentally disagree with that, as do many others. It’s a highly political opinion that has no place in football for me, that should be left to politics, election manifestos and democratic votes. Any support from football clubs and players to BLM is support for that political opinion in my book. They are allowed that opinion of course, but others should be allowed to oppose it as long as they do it in a non violent way 

15 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Still waiting for you to show me some data where White British outperform either our Indian or Chinese compatriots 

Struggling to see how the system is so biased in favour of white peoples when we perform so poorly in so many areas against these groups 

For what it's worth, BLM (the political organisations) argue the system is biased against black people specifically.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Look at the discussion it’s causing in here between what 15 of us? It’s likely many fans up and down the country will be having similar discussions. It’s blatantly obvious that the linked arms is the better option. Why not move forward with that? 

Why don't you post a video of yourself doing a cartwheel so we know how non-racist you are? Maybe then you'll be in a better position to tell footballers how they're allowed to display their anti-racism beliefs?

Just now, Cheese said:

Why don't you post a video of yourself doing a cartwheel so we know how non-racist you are? Maybe then you'll be in a better position to tell footballers how they're allowed to display their anti-racism beliefs?

You really don’t think before you post at time do you 

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

For what it's worth, BLM (the political organisations) argue the system is biased against black people specifically.

Ah ok

Personally find it hard to believe that our system is rigged in favour of anyone but black people. Especially when Black people in this country who have come from Africa tend to outperform Black Caribbean’s and Whites in many areas (predominantly around Education). When you consider the ethnic group at the bottom of all the tables (Gypsies) are white it firms up my belief that skin colour isn’t the most important factor, culture within the different groups is the key to educational and economic success 

Some black people use racism as a crutch to explain lack of economic development 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

If you haven't read the example i've already provided or you've glanced at it & it doesn't suit your "all Millwall fans are racist" agenda, i'm not wasting time finding more.  

In other words: "That's all I've got".

I'm sorry but racism or any other form of discrimination is wrong and ignoring it or saying it does not matter or it is "political" is just as wrong.

BLM and taking the knee has woken me up to this very late in life, I am white, male and a football supporter who grew up in the bleak 70s and I do not wish to be a dinosaur.

We all know deep down The Den is a disgrace from the dark ages and should be bulldozed out of existence.

4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I'm sorry but racism or any other form of discrimination is wrong and ignoring it or saying it does not matter or it is "political" is just as wrong.

BLM and taking the knee has woken me up to this very late in life, I am white, male and a football supporter who grew up in the bleak 70s and I do not wish to be a dinosaur.

We all know deep down The Den is a disgrace from the dark ages and should be bulldozed out of existence.

Millwall fans have come out and said why they have booed so why are they still being branded as racist. 

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Old Den bulldozed in 1993

when we went down 2 years ago its all pantomime , caged tunnel to get in the stadium

yet after the match we were all stood together at train station and all on the tube together