Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story. When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fu

Woah baby...Im not angry!  You say  "Thats where those boos come from. Misaligned cultural battles." Im saying they dont, and know for an absolute fact they dont. Ive been over why they

Exactly, it’s got nothing to do with it only lasting a couple of seconds, It’s about the Politics  The politics of BLM fucking stinks, it shouldn't be anywhere near mainstream sport in Britain

Posted Images

8 hours ago, kent_white said:

How about. Anybody British person who feels enough collective shame for crimes against humanity commited centuries before they were born can apply to have an extra 25% taxed from their wages and sent to redress the balance in the countries we used to occupy? 

That way the players/lefties/cultural Marxists/snowflakes can put their money where their mouths are and everybody who thinks it's a load of old bollocks doesn't have to.

I imagine they'd soon pipe down.

 

You're a bright bloke, I hope that's an ironic pisstake

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Yes, what is difficult for you to understand? 

Despite the obvious.

I think it’s you struggling to understand. 
 

Players are kneeling, some fans think this is in support of BLM. 

Some fans don’t agree with BLM and boo (within their rights) to disapprove.

Clubs need to make it clear what their players are kneeling for. 

Millwall introduced linking arms which was a success, maybe other clubs should follow? 
 

it’s that simple 
 

To top it off we have fans that think they know why fans are booing and say they’re going to tell the police. Jesus wept. Please let us know where you sit so we can watch you go and grass.

What a time to be alive 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gonzo said:

Or theyre pissed off footballers are taking it up on themselves to display support for the recent movement which has been hijacked by far left groups and has included a summer of destruction.

Maybe they dont like the fact the gesture continues to create divide on the issue when in their own personal lives its as multicultural as you get down then there? 

All one big community, a masively diverse mob of lads that have travelled the country together, best mates, family members, mixed race familes etc, all one big strong community that have a reputation for just that. Black, white, indian whatever theyre all together. They support black lives every single day and vice versa. 

They go to the match and youve got players that far from detached from any life struggles making gestures, supporting a movement that for them simply isnt there.

Youll say its ignorant to think like that,but its really not. Its life.

 

You are right to be angry, wrong to be angry on this point.

Thats where those boos come from. Misaligned cultural battles.

I'm glad players are taking the knee, its a lovely way to show solidarity, and to show that they can have a voice.

You don't agree? You made a decent shift from scribbling BMP logos on schoolbooks, give this the same patience and understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, royal white said:

I think it’s you struggling to understand. 
 

Players are kneeling, some fans think this is in support of BLM. 

Some fans don’t agree with BLM and boo (within their rights) to disapprove.

Clubs need to make it clear what their players are kneeling for. 

Millwall introduced linking arms which was a success, maybe other clubs should follow? 
 

it’s that simple 
 

To top it off we have fans that think they know why fans are booing and say they’re going to tell the police. Jesus wept. Please let us know where you sit so we can watch you go and grass.

What a time to be alive 
 

 

Again, what is wrong with a Black Power movement? And what is wrong with every community showing that everyone within that is welcome, and there are no gatekeepers? 

Grass? You are a child. Its by not calling out, this insidious crap happens. It takes more balls to tell some dickhead to stop booing when  players take the knee, than it does to ignore it. I'm just content that the days of fellas like you are numbered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Again, what is wrong with a Black Power movement? And what is wrong with every community showing that everyone within that is welcome, and there are no gatekeepers? 

Grass? You are a child. Its by not calling out, this insidious crap happens. It takes more balls to tell some dickhead to stop booing when  players take the knee, than it does to ignore it. I'm just content that the days of fellas like you are numbered. 

But you have said you’re going to report people for booing even though you don’t know why they’re booing, do you realise how much of a wet wipe you’re coming across as. Pathetic. 
 

If a player chose not to kneel would you say he’s racist? 

Edited by royal white
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Again, what is wrong with a Black Power movement? And what is wrong with every community showing that everyone within that is welcome, and there are no gatekeepers? 

Grass? You are a child. Its by not calling out, this insidious crap happens. It takes more balls to tell some dickhead to stop booing when  players take the knee, than it does to ignore it. I'm just content that the days of fellas like you are numbered. 

Still being shitty rather than supporting your belief in systemic racism with some ONS data 

Please share with us some data that clearly shows our system (Education, Healthcare, Welfare etc) is racist 

Rather than post hundreds of shitty posts, you could have shared ten that backed up your points with the ONS data that you demanded from me

I honestly think it’s not there and that’s why you won’t share it. You’ve probably read something somewhere that twists the data sets to put the White population at the top of the data when in reality the ONS splits out ethnicity and whites tend to be mid table at best 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Still being shitty rather than supporting your belief in systemic racism with some ONS data 

Please share with us some data that clearly shows our system (Education, Healthcare, Welfare etc) is racist 

Rather than post hundreds of shitty posts, you could have shared ten that backed up your points with the ONS data that you demanded from me

Statistically, are black people more likely to be subjected to stop and search, over represented in prison, under represented in the boardroom and universities?

Systemic and institutional racism is far harder to quantify as it's more of an idea or notion.  The death of Stephen Lawrence being a prime example.

I think the UK has made great strides in supporting and promoting racial equality in our society but equally I'm sure there's much more still to be done.  I'm a white bloke with, I think, a comfortable upbringing and lifestyle, I'm not likely to recognise inequality that easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Up here white males 16-24 are more likely to be stop and searched. Why is that?

There also less representation of people in the boardroom room of people from poverty ridden back grounds.

Like Kent says, poverty leads inequality. Not the colour of skin.

Its totally imbalanced to just pick random stats without delving in to the reason for those stats.

Theres not a chance imo somone in this day and age is getting denied a job or opportunity because of the colour of their skin in this country. Their background yes, sheer colour of skin, ethnicity. No.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Up here white males 16-24 are more likely to be stop and searched. Why is that?

There also less representation of people in the boardroom room of people from poverty ridden back grounds.

Like Kent says, poverty leads inequality. Not the colour of skin.

Its totally imbalanced to just pick random stats without delving in to the reason for those stats.

Theres not a chance imo somone in this day and age is getting denied a job or opportunity because of the colour of their skin in this country. Their background yes, sheer colour of skin, ethnicity. No.

 

 

I agree with much of that.  Definitely, poverty leads much inequality.

I can't agree with your last paragraph though.  I suspect there's still deep seated prejudices within some boardrooms and HR depts.  I'd like to think that will get better as the older generations retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I agree with much of that.  Definitely, poverty leads much inequality.

I can't agree with your last paragraph though.  I suspect there's still deep seated prejudices within some boardrooms and HR depts.  I'd like to think that will get better as the older generations retire.

Indeed. Think folk forget we are still pretty early in the integration process in the grand scheme of things. In numbers obvs.

The data will a match up in years to come.

Then we will be kneeling for asians :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poverty does lead to inequality, thats blindingly obvious.

Look at who lives in those areas. Thats the reality.

As for folk not being denied at job opportunity, again you are coming to it from the wrong angle. You are thinking about actually getting into the room in the first place and people making a call based on skin colour. 

From certain backgrounds there isn't the idea that a) certain jobs exist b) how to even get in the career c) lack of representation even if they get they d) educational boundaries

Again, Gonzo, you are coming to this position from an overly simplistic position, and it is damaging because then people who would support changenlike yourself, fail to recognise the inherent problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Actually, its nice these things being discussed. There are still loads of folk who feel uncomfortable. Im still glad football is forcing these problems into life.

Why is anyone upset about a black power salute? More power to them.

My post was about, that it would be nice to discuss the actual football and get away from all this.

You seem to want this on the agenda at all times, fortunately some of us don't, and I assume the majority of fans go to football matches to watch the football.

Your response tells me you just can't let it go, and if people are in disagreement with you, they are ignorant and racist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Poverty does lead to inequality, thats blindingly obvious.

Look at who lives in those areas. Thats the reality.

As for folk not being denied at job opportunity, again you are coming to it from the wrong angle. You are thinking about actually getting into the room in the first place and people making a call based on skin colour. 

From certain backgrounds there isn't the idea that a) certain jobs exist b) how to even get in the career c) lack of representation even if they get they d) educational boundaries

Again, Gonzo, you are coming to this position from an overly simplistic position, and it is damaging because then people who would support changenlike yourself, fail to recognise the inherent problem.

I agree with parts of this. Although I think it's also overly simplistic to just pick 'race' or 'skin colour' as the main driver as to why people aren't getting 'into the room'. Although it's probably easier to do a study on as it's much easier to quantify as opposed to something more abstract like 'class'.

Let's take what you're saying as read though. What changes would you like to see happen right now to improve things? And I really mean institutional changes rather than societal ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember learning about a concept called 'self fulfilling prophecy' when I was younger and did sociology for a bit.

The idea is that if you grow up being told and therefore thinking that the world is pitted against you - you'll have poorer outcomes irrespective of whether the world is actually pitted against you (that's a really basic definition but it gives you the gist). 

It's always stuck with me that - and it's one of the reasons I think telling kids that they live in a system which is institutionally racist is such a dangerous idea. You'd better be damned sure what your saying is actually true to a significant degree. Otherwise you risk doing more harm than good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Football is not systematically racist, that's pretty obvious when you look at the diversity of players in the professional game in the UK, same applies to the crowds at games.

The biggest worry for me is affordability, football the working class game that was affordable to all 2 decades ago. Although to the likes of most of us on here, football is affordable, tickets seem cheap in comparison to tickets at other sporting and non-sporting events, but for those on low pay it's a luxury, I'm pretty sure that when these people can get to a game, they dont want all the political and racial razzamataz to spoil the experience of going to a football match, I'd go as far to say, they probably wouldn't return, and that's because they are not racist or ignorant, it's because they've worked all week, bought that match ticket and paid extra for transport and refreshments, and they just want to watch a game of football and discuss that game of football before and after.

We've made great strides in this country, the days of the 70's and 80's are well behined us, look at countries like Italy, Poland, Russia, Turkey etc... racial abuse is all to frequent, we are fuck all like those countries and we should be proud of it, so how about a bit of positivity of what we have achieved, and celebrate the fact that the EPL & EFL have raised Equality & Diversity throughout the game, it will probably gain a better response.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My missus works for a bank. She has a big hand in recruitment policy and control from a risk perspective. 
I had the conversation with her the other day about their policy. They use software which removes gender race name etc from the applications and cv’s. They then shortlist. I asked her what happens if they get a shortlist of 8 white men from that exercise. She said they drop down the list of candidates until they find a woman and someone from an ethic background. This then displaces two of the white male candidates. 

obviously i asked was that fair and was that not discriminatory? She said yes it most likely was but they have a gender and race imbalance in their organization so are addressing it. 
 

So much for best person gets the job 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

My missus works for a bank. She has a big hand in recruitment policy and control from a risk perspective. 
I had the conversation with her the other day about their policy. They use software which removes gender race name etc from the applications and cv’s. They then shortlist. I asked her what happens if they get a shortlist of 8 white men from that exercise. She said they drop down the list of candidates until they find a woman and someone from an ethic background. This then displaces two of the white male candidates. 

obviously i asked was that fair and was that not discriminatory? She said yes it most likely was but they have a gender and race imbalance in their organization so are addressing it. 
 

So much for best person gets the job 

I honestly honestly think that’s absolute horseshit. 
 

Not only is that not looking at the best person for the role but that’s also identifying people because of their race, there’s a certain irony in that. 
Next year I’ll have to create my own team of fitness and medical staff to create a rehab team. I’ll go off their experience, CV and general feel for them.

If that fails I’ll pick the one with the biggest tits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I honestly honestly think that’s absolute horseshit. 
 

Not only is that not looking at the best person for the role but that’s also identifying people because of their race, there’s a certain irony in that. 
Next year I’ll have to create my own team of fitness and medical staff to create a rehab team. I’ll go off their experience, CV and general feel for them.

If that fails I’ll pick the one with the biggest tits. 

I agree and she agrees mate. It is happening in a lot of companies now. I guess the flip side of it may be that in the past sex and race discrimination led to the imbalance so they are using positive discrimination to address it which I guess evens it out. But it , to my simplistic understanding , makes me think two wrongs don’t make a right. 
 

biggest tits and looking mucky  should be first on the list pal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.