Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The players arent good enough to play the way he wants them to play.

If you cant do the basics youve fuck all chance of possession football.

These players are struggling with the basics.

He needs to adapt and change aspects of his tactics for the situation we are in and with the tools he has to his disposal.

Any good leader or manager can do that.

Its the ones that blindly stick to the same failed ways over and over that fail. Weve seen plenty managers that wouldn't change or adapt their principle. Those managers are responsible for where we are now and our last ten years.

Change, work the situation and still keep your ball playing principles, and get some points on the board rapidly. Or stay arrogant that its your way and your way only and its only going to end one way.

And thats Kevin Nolan or Graham Alexander in charge by jan and us dangerously close to dropping out of the football league.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Was flicking through the telly the other day and Emmerdale Farm came on...only bloody John from ID was in it. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Undercover after hoolies in the woolpack!

This is what happens now Harrogate are football league

32 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

This is what happens now Harrogate are football league

Heard Bob is taking over the woolpack.

The rock was marstons, his pub is one theyve closed. His trade was reliant on fans in the ground :(

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

These players are struggling with the basics.

He needs to adapt and change aspects of his tactics for the situation we are in and with the tools he has to his disposal.

Any good leader or manager can do that.

Its the ones that blindly stick to the same failed ways over and over that fail. Weve seen plenty managers that wouldn't change or adapt their principle. Those managers are responsible for where we are now and our last ten years.

Change, work the situation and still keep your ball playing principles, and get some points on the board rapidly. Or stay arrogant that its your way and your way only and its only going to end one way.

And thats Kevin Nolan or Graham Alexander in charge by jan and us dangerously close to dropping out of the football league.

Moneybollocks.

Happy Shopper Pep Guardiola.

And seemingly yet another stubborn fucker who needs a trip to Specsavers...

Great post, Gonzo.

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Needs assessing after the next 4 games

anyone who thinks we can afford to hang around for another year in league 2 is crazy 

Well we had better be planning for it coz we are going nowhere unless Southend improve. Seriously folk need to forget fantasies about promotion.

Hope that comes back to bite me but i see absolutely nothing to convince me at moment otherwise 

Back to basics time for me. 

Flat back four defending properly.
Everyone playing simple balls to feet.
Pass by all means, but not tippy tappy for the sake of it.
Don't be looking to come back to the keeper so often.
Utilise pace out wide and try to stretch team.
Doyle to stay put with last defender.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

This, with bells on. 

And we're back into extremes again. Some of these players really might benefit from their manager not talking like its Defcon 1 all the time in either the positive or negative sense.

Theyve gone from training like Real Madrid and (supposedly) thriving on being pre season favourites to people who disgust and deflate him. It's too much, no wonder some of them are hiding ffs.

10 hours ago, Traf said:

Spot on.

And practice set pieces for fookin hours on end.

• Members
23 hours ago, gonzo said:

I didn't know until quite recently that going back to the basics included constantly looking at your shirt to remind you which shirt to pass to and which to avoid. That goes beyond going back to basics. 

22 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

Whatever happened to keeping it in the dressing room, bollock 'em in there and not in public, he's  playing to the supporters. Also some of those players if they don't have the character will retreat further into their shell with constant criticism.

No Popeye, I’m afraid after performances like the last two IE needs to say it how it is and if some players are upset by it then tough luck. He sees the players every day and he’s learning about their character as well as ability and who he can rely on and who he can’t. Several of the players, most notably Sarcevic and Comley have seriously under performed and need to either fess up quickly or be left out. These two are in the most critical positions in the team and if they don’t perform neither does the team. Both for me need a rest, bring in Tutte for Comley and Ronan for Sarcevic, starting tomorrow. I do though agree, we have to get back to basics a bit until things improve. Not lump it like Parkinson but not tippy tapping either. Just look to move the ball quickly from defence to attack and run at their box. I’m sure we do have the players to do it and there’s still time to get at least into the play offs but only if it starts now.

7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

No Popeye, I’m afraid after performances like the last two IE needs to say it how it is and if some players are upset by it then tough luck. He sees the players every day and he’s learning about their character as well as ability and who he can rely on and who he can’t. Several of the players, most notably Sarcevic and Comley have seriously under performed and need to either fess up quickly or be left out. These two are in the most critical positions in the team and if they don’t perform neither does the team. Both for me need a rest, bring in Tutte for Comley and Ronan for Sarcevic, starting tomorrow. I do though agree, we have to get back to basics a bit until things improve. Not lump it like Parkinson but not tippy tapping either. Just look to move the ball quickly from defence to attack and run at their box. I’m sure we do have the players to do it and there’s still time to get at least into the play offs but only if it starts now.

Why would he suddenly bring Darcy in when he's another he's publicly criticised despite barely featuring.

"Everyone is banging on to me about Darcy..."

Who is? Theres no one in the stands, so who is banging on to him about Darcy. Maybe the writer of the made up 442 letter has written another one.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Why would he suddenly bring Darcy in when he's another he's publicly criticised despite barely featuring.

"Everyone is banging on to me about Darcy..."

Who is? Theres no one in the stands, so who is banging on to him about Darcy. Maybe the writer of the made up 442 letter has written another one.

Twitter and on here/other forums surely. If I was in his position I’m not sure I could resist looking at fan opinion, especially seeing as there’s nothing to go off in the ground. 

14 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Twitter and on here/other forums surely. If I was in his position I’m not sure I could resist looking at fan opinion, especially seeing as there’s nothing to go off in the ground. 

Well if he does, I hope he doesnt spend too long on here or there, I'd have jumped off a bridge by now.

I'm still very much in the "Evatt in" camp, be crazy to change so soon. But it's time to do a Megson and circle the wagons, and most definitely tone down the hyperbole.

24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Well if he does, I hope he doesnt spend too long on here or there, I'd have jumped off a bridge by now.

I'm still very much in the "Evatt in" camp, be crazy to change so soon. But it's time to do a Megson and circle the wagons, and most definitely tone down the hyperbole.

Likewise. I just hope to fuck he stays as far away from the Bolton News comments as possible. Window licker central that. 

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think the idea that they're choosing not to put the effort in and need a rocket up their arse is a load of bollocks personally.

I just get the impression they think they aren't good enough to do what Evatt wants them to, or they aren't exactly clear on what he wants them to do.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think the idea that they're choosing not to put the effort in and need a rocket up their arse is a load of bollocks personally.

I just get the impression they think they aren't good enough to do what Evatt wants them to, or they aren't exactly clear on what he wants them to do.

Well they all still run off at half time so they know to a degree

Evatt will know he has issues when they choose to stroll off

@gonzoi think it was who nailed it. The players aren’t good enough to play the way he wants. They cannot do the basics correctly yet he wants them playing like Barcelona. We’ve signed a load of bang average players and we are now seeing the results that come with that.

As my old dad used to say you can’t polish a turd. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

@gonzoi think it was who nailed it. The players aren’t good enough to play the way he wants. They cannot do the basics correctly yet he wants them playing like Barcelona. We’ve signed a load of bang average players and we are now seeing the results that come with that.

As my old dad used to say you can’t polish a turd. 

It’s hard to argue against some of those points.

But I’ll offer a defence/excuse/reason. To summise I would say those things haven’t happened... “yet”.....

Logic tells us now you can’t throw these randomers together and 6 games later have them playing like Barcelona. 

As results have been poor, confidence has taken a massive knock, the confident passing football becomes even more difficult to implement.

Last couple of pre season/cup games, the talk on here was how comfortable they all looked on the ball, amazed at the possession stats, class players standing out like Fonz and Doyle (he just needs the chances)

The glimpses have been few and far between. We may have to go back to basics, as has been suggested, before we see this style of play proving fruitful