Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I think we all have to remember we’ve a 10 year record of losing matches, structural changes and under investment, the job isn’t just about getting us promoted almost as important is the complete root & branch rebuild of everything behind the scenes, we have to get the foundations back in place, in essence we are building a new football club from top to bottom. Folk who think replacing a manager right now need to give their head a wobble, this is a medium to long term project. 

I don't fundamentally disagree with what you are saying, but I am not a shareholder so don't really care on matchday!

What I want is a manager to get the best out of the group of players he has at his disposal on Saturday, and IE fails to do that week in week out! As I don't believe those players only have the ability to win 3 home games all season.

So if we start wallowing in all the shit we have had to endure since the Prem we will turn into BLM!! 

I want to be excited by my team for 90mins on a Saturday it's not hard, I don't really care for that we are playing Crawley in the 4th division, I just want a shift putting in, good tactics and ideally a win. It's really not that hard to satisfy most fans tbh!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

struggling to find a diplomatic response but I've managed.... Fuck off you cock

41 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I don't fundamentally disagree with what you are saying, but I am not a shareholder so don't really care on matchday!

What I want is a manager to get the best out of the group of players he has at his disposal on Saturday, and IE fails to do that week in week out! As I don't believe those players only have the ability to win 3 home games all season.

So if we start wallowing in all the shit we have had to endure since the Prem we will turn into BLM!! 

I want to be excited by my team for 90mins on a Saturday it's not hard, I don't really care for that we are playing Crawley in the 4th division, I just want a shift putting in, good tactics and ideally a win. It's really not that hard to satisfy most fans tbh!

But you don’t get the results consistently unless your foundations, structure and investment is all in place, replacing a manager after 21 games isn’t wise if we want to build from the bottom upwards, in fact the more I think about it the stupider it is. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But you don’t get the results consistently unless your foundations, structure and investment is all in place, replacing a manager after 21 games isn’t wise if we want to build from the bottom upwards, in fact the more I think about it the stupider it is. 

All that is if buts and maybes! Yes things need to happen but If it was just about that why not get consultants in.

Ulyimately IE has not got anywhere near enough from those players as he could have done, tactically or motivationally. Now I am not saying get rid, but I think there is far more of a case for sacking him than may posters on here seem to recognise. I think these results at any other club of our magnitude in this division he would be gone. 

The only saving grace he has that is buying him time is FV changed tack once in potting Hill l, so getting rid of him now so soon would question their appointment!

And going back to foundations and structure etc, isn't that what the DoF was there for, to set the framework and culture for this manager and future managers to work within?? That went well!

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think I’ve finally got the point of embarrassment with the wanderers. 

We are not fit to be labelled BWFC but we have to suck it up, grit our teeth, we are back to late 80s, Nat Lofthouse galvanised us back then, our support needs to strap in and back the club more than ever before. We can pull through this. COYWM!!

Edited by Mounts Kipper
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We are not fit to be labelled BWFC but we have to suck it up, grit our teeth, we are back to late 80s, Nat Lofthouse galvanised us back then, our support needs to strap in and back the club more than ever before. We can pull through this. COYWM!!

I won’t be going anywhere but plenty will. Let’s be honest this is worse than the 80’s team. They are an embarrassment to us and the badge. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think we all have to remember we’ve a 10 year record of losing matches, structural changes and under investment, the job isn’t just about getting us promoted almost as important is the complete root & branch rebuild of everything behind the scenes, we have to get the foundations back in place, in essence we are building a new football club from top to bottom. Folk who think replacing a manager right now is the right thing to do, need to give their head a wobble, this is a medium to long term project. 

Agreed 

I also think given his recent interview with Sky Sports he has 100% backing from FV , and to go on record in that interview as he did,  and say  :- 

"We want to get promoted," Evatt says. "That might not happen this season, but we'll try our best and give it a good go. The main thing this club needs is stability, because there has been a lot of turmoil here recently. We almost lost the club completely, but now it's about stabilising again, putting in the right building blocks to get this club back to where it belongs."

that , suggests to me that FV do have plans in place to have more than one season at league two level if necessary.  

There's plenty of teams get promoted from this league and then stagnate in League one or yo-yo between the two divisions indefinitely. 

Only a handful of clubs that get back to League one build on that momentum and make it to the Championship - rarely in one season , more often in two - and painful though it may feel in the short term -  that's what this rebuild is about. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/12164397/ian-evatt-interview-the-manager-turning-bolton-back-in-the-right-direction

Edited by Benny The Ball
45 minutes ago, tomski said:

I won’t be going anywhere but plenty will. Let’s be honest this is worse than the 80’s team. They are an embarrassment to us and the badge. 

They would get beat 3/4 goals every week by the team that finished bottom of lge 1 last season

When someone is appointed into a job / role there is normally a "probation period" .... If we judge him by his results on the field , his management of his players, his tactics, his in game management , his Media appearances ... I would say he falls short on them all. 

Not fit for purpose...failed probationary period . It would not surprise me if he got a written warning after his " man up " interview. On that basis I am out 

Btw ... I have always tended to back managers until the very last minute ... I even felt sorry for Dougie and Sammy Lee ... but these last 2 incumbents ... Awful... Awful from early doors 

29 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

When someone is appointed into a job / role there is normally a "probation period" .... If we judge him by his results on the field , his management of his players, his tactics, his in game management , his Media appearances ... I would say he falls short on them all. 

Not fit for purpose...failed probationary period . It would not surprise me if he got a written warning after his " man up " interview. On that basis I am out 

Btw ... I have always tended to back managers until the very last minute ... I even felt sorry for Dougie and Sammy Lee ... but these last 2 incumbents ... Awful... Awful from early doors 

Has it occurred to you that the reason both are awful is that we have no infrastructure, have been under funded and have had to basically build  a squad from scratch, keep sacking managers and we will get more of the same, building a new structure is just as important as building a new team and patience has to be exercised. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Has it occurred to you that the reason both are awful is that we have no infrastructure, have been under funded and have had to basically build  a squad from scratch. 

That doesn't explain their car-crash interviews and persistence in giving them. I suspect both drop into interview mode every time the fridge light comes on. Must be Hell for the wives.

... & the "man up" was the least of it.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

That doesn't explain their car-crash interviews and persistence in giving them. I suspect both drop into interview mode every time the fridge light comes on. Must be Hell for the wives.

... & the "man up" was the least of it.

Car crash interviews!  the man up comment maybe, other than that think his interviews been fair. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Car crash interviews!  the man up comment maybe, other than that think his interviews been fair. 

The man talks management speak bullshit. Anyone who needs to constantly tell the World "what sort of man I am" is an insecure, immature, one. His pre-seaon boasting set a great, but inaccurate, impression of what was then delivered. His post match comments CAN be alarmingly honest & fair play for that, but also drift into philosphical bollox. He needs to learn that 'less is more'.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
4 hours ago, masi 51 said:

They would get beat 3/4 goals every week by the team that finished bottom of lge 1 last season

Do you honestly think so?  But aside from that, the team we've got now would also lose every week to our team of last season, it doesn't alter the fact that the current team/system is without doubt the worst we've seen by a mile.  That doesn't mean it can't improve, but no team of the past has come close to being as bad our home performances this season.

33 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Do you honestly think so?  But aside from that, the team we've got now would also lose every week to our team of last season, it doesn't alter the fact that the current team/system is without doubt the worst we've seen by a mile.  That doesn't mean it can't improve, but no team of the past has come close to being as bad our home performances this season.

unfortunatly i do...if todays team went 442 it may get close to last season......but who would get in last seasons team

I would say Kioso,Doyle  maybe Santos and Tutte

I dont think its a coincidence when we was 3-1 down to Carlisle and the last 25 after yesterdays goal we was a completly better all round team/balance. Why, because we changed shape and went 442

46 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

unfortunatly i do...if todays team went 442 it may get close to last season......but who would get in last seasons team

I would say Kioso,Doyle  maybe Santos and Tutte

I dont think its a coincidence when we was 3-1 down to Carlisle and the last 25 after yesterdays goal we was a completly better all round team/balance. Why, because we changed shape and went 442

Not disagreeing with that, but part and parcel of a team is how the manager sets it up, how he makes the most of the players available.  If IE has made us worse than we should be for the most parts of most games, we'd definitely be losing to last season's team. 

I agree Doyle would get in most "poor" teams we've had, but Kioso is a bit overrated for me.  Great heading ability, but he's not offering much else when I see him, certainly not upto the standard of Verlinden and Politic.

I really like Tutte but he I wouldn't prefer him to either of Bridcutt, Lowe, Kean Bryan or Luke Murphy.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not disagreeing with that, but part and parcel of a team is how the manager sets it up, how he makes the most of the players available.  If IE has made us worse than we should be for the most parts of most games, we'd definitely be losing to last season's team. 

I agree Doyle would get in most "poor" teams we've had, but Kioso is a bit overrated for me.  Great heading ability, but he's not offering much else when I see him, certainly not upto the standard of Verlinden and Politic.

I really like Tutte but he I wouldn't prefer him to either of Bridcutt, Lowe, Kean Bryan or Luke Murphy.

kioso is your ideal r/sided midfielder in a 442. Would i have him ahead of Politic not a chance.

Seen glimpses of us going 442 the last two games, i live in hope

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Luke Murphy!!

Jesus christ. Never seen a more passive midfielder for us.

Actually you're right, I'll take that back, no problem.  I think I had visions of his 2 long range goals (1 at Bristol, 1 in a home game) but agree he was bleedin awful in virtually every other game I saw him.

I can't know this but my guess is that Evatt's been fucked over to some degree by Phoenix's meddling in the recruitment this summer. I bet at times this season he's been stood on the touchline watching some of our players wondering what he's got himself into.

Has he managed the situation well? Not for me

But by fuck there are some positives. He's fairly quickly separated the wheat from the chaff. I bet we won't be seeing Gordon, Mascoll, White, Crellin, Gnahoua or Comley in a white shirt again, and it'd be much more worrying if he was still trying to accomodate them.

He seems very intolerant of bad attitudes and he could be the sort who on occasion could be too strict with it (on face value, Taft seems to have been quite harshly treated), but overall I think it's a good thing that he has those high standards and it should stand us in good stead.

He should've changed the formation much earlier than he has IMO (although contrary to the posts above, we haven't played 4-4-2 at any point). But he's a young manager learning his craft so maybe we just have to put up with those kind of mistakes. The main thing for me is that judging by his post-match comments yesterday he now seems to have worked that out.

We'll have to get rid if we're in serious danger of getting relegated, but I think as long as that's not the case he's worth persevering with.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine
  • Members

Im not 100% convinced that what he says in press reports is fact otherwise we'd be about 30 points clear at the top of the league. 

He says what he thinks we want to hear and hopes. 

Mooted in the BN that he will go 4-2-3-1 once the new lads come in.

I said as far back as Harrogate away that was the formation we needed.

Ditch Delfounseo and get Doyle on the shoulder of their last defender (at all times).

With a new left back and centre midfielder and Sarcevic up the pitch we will look a different team.

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Ditch Delfounseo and get Doyle on the shoulder of their last defender (at all times).

With a new left back and centre midfielder and Sarcevic up the pitch we will look a different team.

Hope so..... fuck! I'm agreeing with you 😃

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

I've been suspicious of 3 at the back since Lennon tried it.

It's fine, if you have the right players ... we haven't. 

But Evatt, stubborn, slow of the uptake, arrogant, has persisted despite it being clear that it's failing us. To abandon it now would be quite an admission. He'd be accepting that his decision & persistence has caused the club promotion. Has lost us 15-20 points. Has left players as failures who may have otherwise been OK.

These are HIS fault.