Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

15 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Definitely this

everything is so fucking depressing at the moment work all week then get frustrated on Saturdays

The colonel is well pissed off, he went for an angry wank at 16.55 😅

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

• Members
10 hours ago, marple whites said:

Yep defo, really hard, as Saturday is the highlight of the week and just keeps letting you down.

would we have been better with crowds ? 
I can see glimmers of improvement........

but the whole situation in life is hard at present

I inhale through tightly clenched teeth.

Part of me would love to think that the support of 12k  in the stands would gee on even the laziest players to want to give that bit extra. 

The other part of me worries that the fickle nature of the unthinking Bolton supporter would soon be on the back of players who are identified as not giving their all for the shirt.

Very much catch 22 in that to play well they need the support but to get the support they need to play well.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

When Evatt first arrived what i expected from our side was pace,agression & energy. I’ve not seen any of those atributes so far and we’ve played 23 games ffs. Truth be known, our general play so far has been a massive disappointment. 

Pace- he said we've bought in quick players, but it doesn't seem than any are particularly quick.

Aggression/energy- we are quite passive at times when it comes to closing down, and often build attacks slowly. We do seem capable of building a head of steam, but don't capitalise on it.

Noticeable in last few games how so many passes are underhit early on. For me they're going out nervous and are seemingly inhibited. Not expressing themselves as I'm sure they can.

Hopefully we can get in some coaching staff to help them, and maybe have a word with Evatt if he's not getting them set up mentally. 

21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aye not impressed to say the least I’m taking a break from it just checking in later for the results now 

I'm gonna suffer it, so when it gets better (and it will), it will feel 10 times better.

12 hours ago, MickyD said:

Part of me would love to think that the support of 12k  in the stands would gee on even the laziest players to want to give that bit extra. 

The other part of me worries that the fickle nature of the unthinking Bolton supporter would soon be on the back of players who are identified as not giving their all for the shirt.

Very much catch 22 in that to play well they need the support but to get the support they need to play well.

Yep, very good point and actually the sterile surroundings as is, give a bit of room for the “average” performance

On 17/01/2021 at 10:04, MickyD said:

Still don’t really understand the bashing of our support. Nothing short of superb.

Wont be many clubs who have stumped as many ST’s as we have for no return. 

Crowds would of helped massively.

It would not a be a pleasant atmosphere if fans were there at the moment. Garbage week in week out. Yes it is expected but it is easier to stomach in the warm with the ability to change channel 

10 minutes ago, Big E said:

It would not a be a pleasant atmosphere if fans were there at the moment. Garbage week in week out. Yes it is expected but it is easier to stomach in the warm with the ability to change channel 

My point being I don’t think it would be as bad (performances)

6 minutes ago, Big E said:

Thinking back to the crap we've watched in the last few years, every game we've turned up and had a supportive attitude, almost as if the previous games hadn't happend, at least for the first half hour (unless 2 down by then).  There would have been loads of encouragement in the first half v Cheltenham as the performance was acceptable and we weren't losing.  Where I do agree it would turn a bit is after an hour, 1 down to Cheltenham/Crawley/Forest Green and showing no signs of getting back into it.  That's when substitutions would get reacted to negatively, misplaced passes or aimless long balls would be booed.  But it works both ways, may have had a bit of a barnstorming finish v Cheltenham with the late equaliser and a crowd behind us.

I'm still a bit worried about recruitment.

Still no GK signed, Gilks doesn't want the job, so its essential we sign a solid keeper.

Centre midfield, we have problems, Tutte and Lee injury prone, Sarcevic looking more overrated by the game, he's our captain, a solid non-injury prone midfielder we definitely need and it might also bring on Sarcevic.

Two new lads look okay, Jackson had a decent debut, Lincoln lad looked a bit lost, but hopefully will improve with games.

I've written Darcy off, he ain't getting games, Evatt doesn't fancy him and I reckon he will be out on loan by the end of the month.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Still no GK signed, Gilks doesn't want the job, so its essential we sign a solid keeper.

Centre midfield, we have problems, Tutte and Lee injury prone, Sarcevic looking more overrated by the game, he's our captain, a solid non-injury prone midfielder we definitely need and it might also bring on Sarcevic.

Two new lads look okay, Jackson had a decent debut, Lincoln lad looked a bit lost, but hopefully will improve with games.

I've written Darcy off, he ain't getting games, Evatt doesn't fancy him and I reckon he will be out on loan by the end of the month.

It would seem getting Fleetwood to take Crellin back is key to getting a keeper rather than Evatt fannying about

35 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It would seem getting Fleetwood to take Crellin back is key to getting a keeper rather than Evatt fannying about

If there is a place in the squad, get a keeper in, no matter if we have Casper or not.

Send that fucker back to Fleetwood if possible, I hear there's plenty of jobs on the horizon at the ports 😁

43 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If there is a place in the squad, get a keeper in, no matter if we have Casper or not.

Send that fucker back to Fleetwood if possible, I hear there's plenty of jobs on the horizon at the ports 😁

If there isn't space in the squad, de-register him (or one of a number of others). Even if forced to keep him at whatever cost to the salary cap. 

As a separate question, as a 20yr old, does he take up a squad-cap place anyway ?

Meanwhile he wasn't on the bench on Saturday, nor any keeper for that matter.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Agreed - it ain't happening.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hill tried to get him on loan after we've played them.

For me, if a player needs games to improve, he shouldn't be starting, we have other midfielders that could have played on the left just as well.  Can we afford to give players time to bed in?  Jackson didn't need that time, and other players that don't play much aren't given time, they are assumed to be not good enough based mainly on training.  The new players haven't trained, don't know their teammates and haven't played league games for anyone recently- at what point did IE judge them ready to start when he prides himself on players earning the shirt.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

He'd drop the fish.

Be better on the trawlers: he's no obstacle to things going in the net.

Starting to get on my tits now this fucking idiot.

Weve heard it all before pal.

The only issue with our performances is you trying make a gaggle of spastics play like barca-fucking-lona.

Shut your trap, remember youve had one job before this and that was non-league and crack on and try and win some football matches.

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I do agree that sometimes, less is more.

Perhaps the new coach can't come fast enough. 

Are we getting a new coach?

i’d heard we were after a Chief Scout..