Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

'Brand' Evatt

Mr Grey

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Who said it was henshaw that evatt was having a pop at? Seemed to me like it was a general comment about negative fans. 

Nobody has categorically said it was aimed at Henshaw, but the question was about the iFollow commentary.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19126814.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-baffled-ifollow-negativity-barrow-victory/

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

Worse than the birthday shout outs on BoltonFM are the death announcements mid-game.

I prefer the old half-time announcement, the Wrexham one "can Mr Richard Head please get home as quick as possible, your wife's in labour" or Bristol Rovers away as their substitute entered the field of play "Substitute Junior Bent..... I bet he is" 😅

Would be a good idea to stick to the game commentary, unfortunately social media rules the air waves.

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It's a bit thin skinned, even if you can 'get' where he's coming from.

However, I'm not going to be uncritical of a style that counts passing 5 yards, sideways, to a player who promptly passes it back, even if we do get a 93rd minute break.

It's going well currently, but will go even better if that can be tweeked to a more probing style.

It's wrong to be overcritical when on losing runs just as it's wrong to be over effusive on winning ones.

His plan is coming together well, but going on a rant is not smart.

Well put.  The logic of "we've won the game, and we're on a good run, so how can anyone suggest improvement" is the same logic as "we've lost 3 on the trot, drop half the team and change the playing style".

There are always things to be pleased about and areas that can be improved.  Working on set piece delivery and how to win headers in the opposition box has to be one priority.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Who said it was henshaw that evatt was having a pop at? Seemed to me like it was a general comment about negative fans. 

Think Iles intimated it being Henshaw...

so it probably isn’t.

On 22/01/2021 at 18:21, gonzo said:

Starting to get on my tits now this fucking idiot.

Weve heard it all before pal.

The only issue with our performances is you trying make a gaggle of spastics play like barca-fucking-lona.

Shut your trap, remember youve had one job before this and that was non-league and crack on and try and win some football matches.

Still relevant. Evatt needs to let shit questions go 

Think Henshaw"s comment that the goal covered a load of sins or words to that effect were what irked Evatt. Perhaps he should just let it go but he gets enough shit from the likes of Humungus Bell End without folk associated with the club sniping as well. 

12 hours ago, Cheese said:

It sounds to me like Dearden has asked a rather laboured question and IE has come out with the correct answer.  The clip makes it look like its a rant, it’s not, it’s a answer to just that question that’s all.     I for one have not heard a negative about our team for weeks, God’s honest truth I haven’t, but I don’t read the papers etc.   In certain places I suppose there will be negatives, but all it is is folk who don’t understand where we are and what we’ve been through that’s all.

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Perhaps it might be a good idea if IE kept away from Social Media and WanderersWays, Hugo has lit his fuse 🔥

Apparently he comes on for battlenips & which latest z lister has died 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

13 hours ago, Razaldo9 said:

Yeah I don't really get how henshaw can just "not watch us". Surely he's doing a job and not attending as a fan. 

And you can barely call it that. Henshaw's providing unpaid commentary for a service that the club charge fans to watch. If he wants a cheerleader, he should pay for one.

Evatt needs to wind his neck in rather than seeking out negatives. If he thinks Henshaw is a twat for not fawning over Brand Evatt, he's going to be in for a shock when they let fans back in.

He needs to develop some thicker skin mr evatt, no fans has let him off lightly with some of the shite served early doors 

Gary Henshaw commented on what was in front of him in my opinion.

The only perceived negative thing he said, other than the offside fuck up, were that the substitutes were like for like and a change of shape may be better, i.e. two strikers. And let's be honest that second half was pretty dour, and we were struggling; so I think his view was justified from a co-commentator.

Why oh why is IE going off on something like this, he really is precious at times. Maybe because he knows we haven't got a Plan B??

I think if you listen to I follow there is a regular stream of comments that are more 'blokes in a pub' than commentators. (Or maybe experts on a website) 

Baptiste and Santos have both been heavily criticised. Henshaw in one game said that Thomasons' body position was wrong and if he could have some time with him it would be sorted, Ayres just talks constantly about formations and coaching, Conversely some players such as Doyle are rarely criticised. I think Evatt must be thinking 'who the fuck are you ?' 

The fact is we are winning games and he would be expecting a Bolton club feed to enthusing about that, the spirit and commitment to come from 2 down and win games, late winners etc. I follow is not a neutral service it is a dedicated Bolton feed and should be part of helping build momentum and enthusiasm for the results we are getting and the progress we are making. As I said earlier Evatt also needs to acknowledge the support the club is still getting from the vast majority of support and get dragged down the Megson route. The club has received incredible support from fans despite so many shitty seasons. Onwards and upwards.

Every club haS dickhead supporters. To be fair to Henshaw I think he is desperate for the club to do well, it is ok to highlight areas to improve but where is the celebration of achievements ? 

• Site Supporter

A co commentator is there to pass comment and opinion, as he sees it (or she).

We might not like it, but unless its abusive or clearly off the wall, then its hardly the end of the world.

IE needn't worry about such folk, just let the team do the talking on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What we need is a David Higson version 2 someone who never sees anything wrong with BWFC, never negative about the club or BWFC in general, positivity shone out of every pore, and thats why we loved him.   

Agreed

"The Police are acting like Pigs"  

Proper hardcore BWFC commentary.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

I don't think it's about the commentary on the goal. Apparently, Henshaw said some stuff after the final whistle. I generally switch off straight after full time, so didn't hear it. Does anybody know what he said?

Edit: Didn't realise you could replay the entire match on iFollow. Going to have a quick look now.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

I've just had a listen back. His comments immediately after full time were:

"It is a huge 3 points, but what an awful game, and what an awful performance really. There's not much to say on the positive other than that. We got 3 points, and we got over the line, but Barrow will feel totally dejected, for 92 or 93 minutes they've defended stoutly, possibly had a really good claim for a penelty late on there on 90 minutes, but as we've said it's all about getting 3 points, and it's getting down to the business end of the season. I don't know where that puts us..."

"As they say a goal hides a thousand sins, and that goal today hides an awful game of football...."

"That was stone-wall ugly..."

Not sure if that's what all the fuss is about. Maybe he said more on the radio, but the iFollow coverage ended there.