Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This time next year he could be about to deliver that level of football here.

Certain clubs in the Championship chuck money at it in a way I doubt we will in the near future. As always in football it comes down to money. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Certain clubs in the Championship chuck money at it in a way I doubt we will in the near future. As always in football it comes down to money. 

You said "any" championship club!

Anyway, chucking money at stuff comes with its own risks.

I'm sure he's ambitious, but he's not daft. Chasing the cash doesn't necessarily mean the best route to success and achieving your ambition. 

I’m not naive enough to think he wouldn’t be tempted at that level, but he’d have to have a firm look at the foundations around him here and support from those above him before considering jumping ship IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You said "any" championship club!

Anyway, chucking money at stuff comes with its own risks.

I'm sure he's ambitious, but he's not daft. Chasing the cash doesn't necessarily mean the best route to success and achieving your ambition. 

I said any championship club which comes along to double his wages. The money chuckers are the ones that will offer to double his wages (at least). 

If he gets us up and we start next season well he will become a target for 'spenders' in the Championship. He is clearly ambitious and confident. How would it work out in the long term who knows ? It is the nature of the game that players/managers leave clubs, why would he be any different ? 

I am easy with Evatt situation. He will leave this club in a better place than when he walked through the door.

Is he a good manager almost certainly. Is he the finished article...No

Lets be honest he has been far from perfect ie The ongoing keeper situation. His 5 at the back 

I think its the board as much as Evatt who have got us in this situation. Getting rid of Phoenix was a big call,but a right call

He 100% believes in his ability. Maybe now the Board need to make another big call and give Evatt a contract extension

Either with Evatt or without Evatt we have gone past rock bottom and we are going to enjoy the next few seasons on our way back

12 hours ago, masi 51 said:

I am easy with Evatt situation. He will leave this club in a better place than when he walked through the door.

Is he a good manager almost certainly. Is he the finished article...No

Lets be honest he has been far from perfect ie The ongoing keeper situation. His 5 at the back 

I think its the board as much as Evatt who have got us in this situation. Getting rid of Phoenix was a big call,but a right call

He 100% believes in his ability. Maybe now the Board need to make another big call and give Evatt a contract extension

Either with Evatt or without Evatt we have gone past rock bottom and we are going to enjoy the next few seasons on our way back

Great shout.  As others have said, its not black and white that he's the real deal yet.  I'm as ecstatic as the next fan at the results since 30th of Jan, and hopefully it ends in promotion, but as things stand he's got the biggest club in the league by a mile into 5th place, below Cheltenham, Cambridge, Forest Green and a point above Morecambe.  So why wouldn't a Derby or whoever go for Michael Duff, Mark Bonnar, Mark Cooper or Derek Adams (I'll leave Keith Hill out of this).  When IE is no longer our manager, there are others out there capable of getting teams organised enough to compete near the top of league two, and then in a year or 2 hopefully near the top  league one.

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt is a better manager than BSA or that we ever had any chance of getting Sam back after he left.

Just feels like a new direction for the club and that the nostalgia for the 00-07 years isn't as painful anymore because FV have given the club a breath of fresh air.

I'm excited to see how this journey progresses because it actually feels like the start of one rather than the helpless spiral we've been in since 2012 (excluding the L1 promotion.)

19f.gif

Am I chatting bollocks? Tell me if I'm chatting bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt is a better manager than BSA or that we ever had any chance of getting Sam back after he left.

Just feels like a new direction for the club and that the nostalgia for the 00-07 years isn't as painful anymore because FV have given the club a breath of fresh air.

I'm excited to see how this journey progresses because it actually feels like the start of one rather than the helpless spiral we've been in since 2012 (excluding the L1 promotion.)

19f.gif

Great post. And this isn’t glossing over the negatives. We have an identity again, we go onto every game believing we are going to win. And when we don’t, we are disappointed. This side is going places. 

12 minutes ago, Mantra said:

19f.gif

Have yourself a ‘like’ 👍 

On 02/04/2021 at 16:31, Mantra said:

19f.gif

I’m with you brother..

I'd have thought if we DO get promoted Evatt will be hot property, from the chairmen of under achieving Chamionship big spenders looking for a new direction.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

IE If you’re reading cocker, if you need a set piece coach who is willing to work for free to go over set plays give me a bell and I’ll sort us right out 

13 hours ago, Rudy said:

IE If you’re reading cocker, if you need a set piece coach who is willing to work for free to go over set plays give me a bell and I’ll sort us right out 

Good lad. Do you know someone ?

14 hours ago, Rudy said:

IE If you’re reading cocker, if you need an extra cone & bib collector give me a bell and I’ll sort us right out 

Very kind of you.