Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

struggling to find a diplomatic response but I've managed.... Fuck off you cock

The corner second half when the commentator said 'he tried a cheeky direct shot there'. Nope it just went straight out 😂😁👍

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

The corner second half when the commentator said 'he tried a cheeky direct shot there'. Nope it just went straight out 😂😁👍

I mean that’s unforgivable 😂

Right it’s simple, John is our best crosser from open play, he should take corners unless Sarc is playing 

The 3 biggest lads we have Williams, Baptiste & Santos

Them 3 go and stick together in a three tight, 14 yards out in a huddle

Doyle on the keeper right under his nose

You have a man at the front offering short or a flick on by getting in front of their first man

Isgrove loitering at the back

Lee Dapo on the edge of the area following in for any second balls or watching for the break

GT in the middle of the half, Jones last man back 

Put the ball in the area between the 6 yard line and the penalty spot, not dead centre because that’s a keepers bread and butter but either side 

The three huddled together split when the ball comes in front, to the middle to challenge the keeper or far post 

If we have to float it in which is the best thing for a defender to defend, float it to the back stick and nod back into the middle  or float it for a flick on for Doyle to pick up scraps on. 
A striker will bag 5 goals a season in there. 

19 hours ago, Rudy said:

Right it’s simple, John is our best crosser from open play, he should take corners unless Sarc is playing 

You have a man at the front offering short or a flick on by getting in front of their first man

Lee Dapo on the edge of the area following in for any second balls or watching for the break

Put the ball in the area between the 6 yard line and the penalty spot, not dead centre because that’s a keepers bread and butter but either side 

The three huddled together split when the ball comes in front, to the middle to challenge the keeper or far post 

If we have to float it in which is the best thing for a defender to defend, float it to the back stick and nod back into the middle  or float it for a flick on for Doyle to pick up scraps on. 

All sounds so simple, and it bloody should be. Must be the easiest thing to practice for in training as bar some changes in pitch size, you know where the ball is coming from and exactly where to stand.

Instead, every game we get a mix of takers who look like they have never taken a corner,  kicking it to a group of lads they have never spoken with before. It's a real weakness and a waste of Santos and Baptistes energy half the time. No need to change a formation or style but a nice simple plan would reap some benefits for sure.

5 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

All sounds so simple, and it bloody should be. Must be the easiest thing to practice for in training as bar some changes in pitch size, you know where the ball is coming from and exactly where to stand.

Instead, every game we get a mix of takers who look like they have never taken a corner,  kicking it to a group of lads they have never spoken with before. It's a real weakness and a waste of Santos and Baptistes energy half the time. No need to change a formation or style but a nice simple plan would reap some benefits for sure.

The clubs with the best resources will have a dedicated set piece coach and analyst, sounds a bit unnecessary but the level of detail and time they put into getting it right is unbelievable 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The clubs with the best resources will have a dedicated set piece coach and analyst, sounds a bit unnecessary but the level of detail and time they put into getting it right is unbelievable 

So they should.

I remember being astonished when reading that Lennon spent zero time on them. It seems far more common than I could have appreciated.

16 hours ago, Mantra said:

Screenshot-2021-04-14-at-16-04-44.png

When we lost 4-0 to Leyton Orient. Come a looooooong way.

Only 2 of those started the game on Tuesday. Like you say we’ve come a very long way

10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So they should.

I remember being astonished when reading that Lennon spent zero time on them. It seems far more common than I could have appreciated.

It’s quite common especially with coaches who are former players from that era. Coyle didn’t do it here but that’s not surprising 

16 minutes ago, desperado said:

Only 2 of those started the game on Tuesday. Like you say we’ve come a very long way

And two we'd not want to be without right now.

Spot on, Mr Evatt.

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s quite common especially with coaches who are former players from that era. Coyle didn’t do it here but that’s not surprising 

Yeah, but his squad were better than the chinks at ping pong.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Yeah, but his squad were better than the chinks at ping pong.

Must have been that irn-bru and doughnuts diet

20 hours ago, Rudy said:

What about the blokes in different coloured shirts who get in the way?

5 minutes ago, Dimron said:

What about the blokes in different coloured shirts who get in the way?

Don’t worry about them