Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

15 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think thats only for level 3 restrictions 

Indeed, but teams wont be able to travel. 5 mersey teams in my sons league.

While bolton was under stricter rules, none of the teams in the league would host us.

Its going to be a nightmare, and can see them just knocking it on the head.

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Indeed, but teams wont be able to travel. 5 mersey teams in my sons league.

While bolton was under stricter rules, none of the teams in the league would host us.

Its going to be a nightmare, and can see them just knocking it on the head.

Yes had similar with oldham teams this way

nothings been said yet perhaps they may keep it going end of the day kids are still in school maybe just tighter controls on parents 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes had similar with oldham teams this way

nothings been said yet perhaps they may keep it going end of the day kids are still in school maybe just tighter controls on parents 

Its never clear is it.

His team have sent a txt out today anyway saying no training or matches till further notice...so no matter what the JPL do, he cant compete in games yet.

Edited by Pablo

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Do they have a few teams

my mate runs u12 team but don’t think they play teams from Merseyside 

Yeah they have multiple teams at some age groups. I don't know the set up exactly,   my mate is a coach there and my lad played for them before bwfc

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Do they have a few teams

my mate runs u12 team but don’t think they play teams from Merseyside 

My lad is U16 at Ladybridge, they play in the JPL North West, and half the league is Mersey teams.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Cracking fella.

Absolutely. And Paul too - lurks on here occasionally.

I honestly think until they are advised otherwise clubs will do all they can to keep them playing, even if it’s just training and playing when/who they can. Loads of disruption and cancelled games, but just a little something better than nothing.

Edited by desperado

14 hours ago, desperado said:

Absolutely. And Paul too - lurks on here occasionally.

I honestly think until they are advised otherwise clubs will do all they can to keep them playing, even if it’s just training and playing when/who they can. Loads of disruption and cancelled games, but just a little something better than nothing.

Paul too mate, both great with the lads and top chaps.

GM teams will prob play as much as possible, think the issue is the amount of lads isolating, so teams cant get enough lads to play.....or...dont want to play without key players....thats a big one.

Ladybridge have just called all footy off, will review it at half term.

Edited by Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

It is terrible that and highlights how delicate the whole system is. From a young age kids are told they are amazing and brilliant. then sixteen comes and bye bye. i am sure Rudy can enlighten us all but from a random looking in it looks like big clubs get as many on their books as possible then drop them with little to no support for onwards life 

Had one in my lads team (u12)had trials at Burnley really blew smoke up his arse and led him and his parents to believe a bright future, after the initial 6 week he got an email saying no thanks

another on the books at Man Utd they throw all sorts at him training wear, boots, weekends away at top camps the lot

at 11 years old and that’s happening course they’re going to think it could come true sad reality it’s a production line and only a few make it