Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Have you heard this officially? Be sad end for me after 10 years with my  team/lads. 

nah its just what I think mate. 
cant see how they would get the games in...our team has played less than half the amount of other teams in the league as it is.

damn shame, pretty much 2 seasons lost.

4 minutes ago, Pablo said:

nah its just what I think mate. 
cant see how they would get the games in...our team has played less than half the amount of other teams in the league as it is.

damn shame, pretty much 2 seasons lost.

We’ve only played 2 games, think we need to start playing again by the end of February to have any chance of completing season. 

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve only played 2 games, think we need to start playing again by the end of February to have any chance of completing season. 

its looking like march. I had heard on the BBC during the Marine V Spurs game that there league is suspended till march, and they are discussing ways to end or award places or null n void.

if that level is already planning on that, cant see kids GR footy commencing.

just shite aint it

Edited by Pablo

It depends if government say "you cant play" or whether leagues themselves decide there's just not enough time to cram the fixtures in.  If they can play from say March, surely it would be better for the kids (and adults in amateur football or any sport) to play alternatives to league games eg mini tournaments, cup knockouts, friendlies, or split leagues into top half/bottom half and play each other, etc.  All the benefits of playing sport would remain, just without the usual league placings at the end of it.

3 hours ago, Pablo said:

its looking like march. I had heard on the BBC during the Marine V Spurs game that there league is suspended till march, and they are discussing ways to end or award places or null n void.

if that level is already planning on that, cant see kids GR footy commencing.

just shite aint it

Terrible news if true.  🥲

• Site Supporter

Hope that doesn’t happen, even just one fixture against each as opposed to home and away would be better than nowt .

One of my lads is u18 currently, been with the same group of players more or less since u7, would hate to see their last season together fizzle out like that, know there’s bigger issues with all this but it would be a shame from solely that point of view 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Hope that doesn’t happen, even just one fixture against each as opposed to home and away would be better than nowt .

One of my lads is u18 currently, been with the same group of players more or less since u7, would hate to see their last season together fizzle out like that, know there’s bigger issues with all this but it would be a shame from solely that point of view 

Is there no progression at the club?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Is there no progression at the club?

Yeh possibly, open age and u21 maybe, but a lot of these lads will be off to uni and won’t be the same group is what I meant, their last season as a group  

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Yeh possibly, open age and u21 maybe, but a lot of these lads will be off to uni and won’t be the same group is what I meant, their last season as a group  

Ah right. Shame for them then. Open age would be the way forward for them imo.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Yeh the ones that stay will probably head that way, the others will be pissed up in some uni hall throughout the country no doubt making unfit guest appearances occasionally. 

50 minutes ago, Horwich said:

can be a big step up that for a whole team. imagine start of last season v loads of angry aging pissheads who just wanna kick shit out of someone. 

elite still off too- new interactive training at home includes a 3k run

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

can be a big step up that for a whole team. imagine start of last season v loads of angry aging pissheads who just wanna kick shit out of someone. 

elite still off too- new interactive training at home includes a 3k run

He has already said it wont be all of them. Filter 4 or 5 into a reserve team at a decent level. West Lancs would be perfect.

17 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Guna start thinking abount next season now, maybe u17's or jump to B Team open age at high as possible level.

Do Ladybridge not have a team that he can progress with. We’ve a youth team but not sure how many of our lads are considering going into the youth set up, we’ve a few who play Saturday for Chorley and would think it’s likely they’ll go that route, we’ve a few at Pennington but no idea what progression there is there. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do Ladybridge not have a team that he can progress with. We’ve a youth team but not sure how many of our lads are considering going into the youth set up, we’ve a few who play Saturday for Chorley and would think it’s likely they’ll go that route, we’ve a few at Pennington but no idea what progression there is there. 

Nah Ladybridge is pretty poor at older ages tbh, shame cos its a good set up, and ideally they would have a good open age team and B team.

Pennington same, I expect that team will look to link up with a better club higer up.

Its a tough step this next one, the better ones will look to move up and as close to semi pro as possible, its just hard finding that right move.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Charnock over your way are decent enough. Their reserves play West Lancs Div 2 and players do progress into their seniors.

Chorley would be a no if it was my lad.

Daisy Hill should have a decent set up for progression, but should progress quicker to senior football (They dont have a reserves)

10 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Charnock over your way are decent enough. Their reserves play West Lancs Div 2 and players do progress into their seniors.

Chorley would be a no if it was my lad.

Daisy Hill should have a decent set up for progression, but should progress quicker to senior football (They dont have a reserves)

My team is Charnock Richard U16s I’ve been approached about running the youth team but not decided what I’m doing next season.