Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Nah Ladybridge is pretty poor at older ages tbh, shame cos its a good set up, and ideally they would have a good open age team and B team.

Pennington same, I expect that team will look to link up with a better club higer up.

Its a tough step this next one, the better ones will look to move up and as close to semi pro as possible, its just hard finding that right move.

They did have one about 7-8 years ago but had no interest in Adult football. Ladybridge   like guaranteed subs off parents every month.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My team is Charnock Richard U16s I’ve been approached about running the youth team but not decided what I’m doing next season. 

I’d still say they need to play u17/18s next season. The Lancashire Sunday league u18s is a good standard. Depends how good your lads are. If I was anything to do with Charnock, I would want a team at that level.

9 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I’d still say they need to play u17/18s next season. The Lancashire Sunday league u18s is a good standard. Depends how good your lads are. If I was anything to do with Charnock, I would want a team at that level.

Think that’s the league the youth team are in. We’ve 6-7 good enough to step up I’d think. 

• Moderators

Its a big step up from most local league. A club like Charnock should be aiming for that  and looking to attract the best players from other local clubs.

I would say its perfect for a club like Charnock for a player who wants to impress.

• Site Supporter
On 18/01/2021 at 22:09, Mounts Kipper said:

Think that’s the league the youth team are in. We’ve 6-7 good enough to step up I’d think. 

It is , we have played Charnock as we’ve mentioned before. 
Some good teams in the league, as well as Charnock I’d single out Clitheroe and Cradley as really good teams . Atherton Coll’s too have one this season , but only played them once so hard to judge as both had lads isolating 

• 1 month later...

Training back soon, new mini-leagues and cup arranged to replace the main league, i like it.

Bet kids are gagging for it....i know my bell end cant wait to get back to what he does best.....sent off/booked....kick off, and argue with everyone including his own team.

cant wait.

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

my lad resumed his trial with pne this week. gonna be tough to make an impression as he barely played in last 6 month.

Yoof started his trial at Accy Stanley last week, which was originally supposed to start in January.

TBF to them they've been doing two zoom calls per week with all the kids to keep them engaged. Very impressed with them.

13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

One of my lads got trial at Bolton over Easter, him & his Dad massive BWFC fans so although its long shot got my fingers crossed for him. 

Is it a trial for the acad or a trial for the development team ?

Reason I ask, is they sell them both as the same thing....Some lads have told clubs they are signing for Bolton on a scholarship, But what they actually have, is a place on a BTec Sports course, nothing to do with the academy at all.

Naughty that, seen loads of cat3/4 clubs do this.

Edited by Pablo

On 30/11/2020 at 10:23, Pablo said:

One of the U16 lads at City is a Bolton lad....best kid player I have ever seen, his dad played for City...has a gym in Little lever.

Not sure how the U16 striker is doing for CIty, they paid £100k for him from Bolton in last 12-18 months.

City released this lad....and he has now signed 2 year papers at Leeds. He WILL be a pro baller, no doubt.

3 hours ago, Pablo said:

Is it a trial for the acad or a trial for the development team ?

Reason I ask, is they sell them both as the same thing....Some lads have told clubs they are signing for Bolton on a scholarship, But what they actually have, is a place on a BTec Sports course, nothing to do with the academy at all.

Naughty that, seen loads of cat3/4 clubs do this.

Not a clue. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was just btec sports course I’ll know more when training resumes end of March. 

• Site Supporter
On 18/03/2021 at 20:59, DazBob said:

Yoof started his trial at Accy Stanley last week, which was originally supposed to start in January.

TBF to them they've been doing two zoom calls per week with all the kids to keep them engaged. Very impressed with them.

aye my lad had been doing the same. and i have to say, the setup (in terms of feedback and how they look after you) has been much better and nobend than at burnley.

On 18/01/2021 at 21:59, Horwich said:

Just seen that Ladybridg have an U18 team in the lancs sunday, same league as Colls and St Marys.

May look at that for my lad next season.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Just seen that Ladybridg have an U18 team in the lancs sunday, same league as Colls and St Marys.

May look at that for my lad next season.

No progression after that though. I would be looking at a club with clear progression. 

11 minutes ago, Horwich said:

No progression after that though. I would be looking at a club with clear progression. 

Thats a good point.

We have a few months to find him a team, we ony found out last night his current team is folding anyway.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Thats a good point.

We have a few months to find him a team, we ony found out last night his current team is folding anyway.

Sad to hear your team folding. If you want to consider Charnock I’d be happy to put you in touch with the new under 18 coach when it’s announced that is, there’s a good few lads from my current under 16s wanting to continue next year so they’ll have decent spine and should be very competitive. I’m hoping my lad will get into the squad but as it’s not my call after this season he’ll just have to give it his best shot. Happy if your lad wants to train to see if it’s for him. I finish training end of May, so let me know Training Tuesdays 8-9pm

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sad to hear your team folding. If you want to consider Charnock I’d be happy to put you in touch with the new under 18 coach when it’s announced that is, there’s a good few lads from my current under 16s wanting to continue next year so they’ll have decent spine and should be very competitive. I’m hoping my lad will get into the squad but as it’s not my call after this season he’ll just have to give it his best shot. Happy if your lad wants to train to see if it’s for him. I finish training end of May, so let me know Training Tuesdays 8-9pm

Cheers mate, very interested.

Will have a chat with him and be in touch.