Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

• Moderators

Charnock are a decent option with their reserves playing in the West Lancs Division 2. If your lad is at level in a year or two, it would be a good option in my opinion. 

One of the best options round here IMO.

18 hours ago, Horwich said:

Charnock are a decent option with their reserves playing in the West Lancs Division 2. If your lad is at level in a year or two, it would be a good option in my opinion. 

One of the best options round here IMO.

Its certainly looking a realy good option to try, test themselves.

• Site Supporter
On 01/04/2021 at 09:50, Pablo said:

Its certainly looking a realy good option to try, test themselves.

Mentioned it before but my lads played Charnock in the LSL before at u18 and it’s a great set up, was really impressed and been to a few good ones in that league but they were stand out in my opinion 

• 5 months later...

Soooo good to be back, hope everyone enjoys it. Never taking it for granted ever again.

Brilliant seeing all the smilling kids in kits ready to go play for local teams all over social media, love it.

Edited by Pablo

• 11 months later...

Just watching the Crystal palace documentary on 4. Many of the kids seem to be getting picked up from inner city areas,  its similar at the Manchester clubs, drive around Moss side, Cheetham hill, Broughton, etc and you see 4g pitches that are free for the kids to use. Last week my lads mate had the police called on him because he and 2 others sneaked onto a schools 4G for a kick about. There needs to be more free facilities for the kids in all areas. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just watching the Crystal palace documentary on 4. Many of the kids seem to be getting picked up from inner city areas,  its similar at the Manchester clubs, drive around Moss side, Cheetham hill, Broughton, etc and you see 4g pitches that are free for the kids to use. Last week my lads mate had the police called on him because he and 2 others sneaked onto a schools 4G for a kick about. There needs to be more free facilities for the kids in all areas. 

Agree with the sentiment. 

From my observation of new house farm fields- local ferrals regularly setting fire to local wheelie bins leaving molten plastic and broken glass everywhere. The all-weather cricket pitch has been vandalised too.

Leverhulme athletic facilities are good but they are behind fences.

A shameful sign of the times. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with the sentiment. 

From my observation of new house farm fields- local ferrals regularly setting fire to local wheelie bins leaving molten plastic and broken glass everywhere. The all-weather cricket pitch has been vandalised too.

Leverhulme athletic facilities are good but they are behind fences.

A shameful sign of the times. 

Even the school fields where my lad used to go for a kick about have been fenced off now. You’d think during the school holiday they would open the gates and let kids have a kick about but like you say there’s always someone wanting to spoil it. 

Namely scum fuckers flying about on qaud bikes and crossers fucking all the grass up.

Theres never been as many modern facilities for footy now. The kids league system over this way absolutely huge.

But like you say it all costs. Its pretty shit that if you're not with a team, you're not getting a kick about anywhere decent.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Even the school fields where my lad used to go for a kick about have been fenced off now. You’d think during the school holiday they would open the gates and let kids have a kick about but like you say there’s always someone wanting to spoil it. 

It's shit mate.

Plenty of amenity grass round here, and we all used to play on that, but sadly it gets cut around once a month now, so after a week or so ball games are somewhat difficult- better off hunting tigers.

Just now, gonzo said:

Namely scum fuckers flying about on qaud bikes and crossers fucking all the grass up.

Theres never been as many modern facilities for footy now. The kids league system over this way absolutely huge.

But like you say it all costs. Its pretty shit that if you're not with a team, you're not getting a kick about anywhere decent.

I can’t work it out, the ones I see around Manchester (the shitholes basically) are well looked after, it’s like the kids have a bit of respect for them and maybe realise it’s a way out for them. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's shit mate.

Plenty of amenity grass round here, and we all used to play on that, but sadly it gets cut around once a month now, so after a week or so ball games are somewhat difficult- better off hunting tigers.

North Walkden FC have had running battles for years with Salford council, numerous times they have had to call games off because the grass was to long. 

Thinking about it, the fields where we always used to play have either had shit shoe box houses built on them or have been fenced off. Would be bolloxed if we'd have wanted a kick around these days. Seen a few having knockabouts on the industrial estate but that probably doesn't last long with the security there lol

• Site Supporter

St Catherine’s used to be open and free to play on when no paid bookings 

had to lock it up as someone wrecked all the nets and set fire to the 3G on regular occasions. 

credit to the people who own power league, or the people that work there at least , they let my lads and their mates kick about on there if there was free pitches during school hols and the like, only asked them move if someone else paid to go on but there was always a good gang playing on there for hours. 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I can’t work it out, the ones I see around Manchester (the shitholes basically) are well looked after, it’s like the kids have a bit of respect for them and maybe realise it’s a way out for them. 

Been to a school near you today that recently had the 4G pitch set on fire by local kids.....

Maybe that's why they're locked up.

FTR, some other local kids have been jumping over the fences and using the same pitch, but treating it with respect...

3 minutes ago, jeep said:

Been to a school near you today that recently had the 4G pitch set on fire by local kids.....

Maybe that's why they're locked up.

FTR, some other local kids have been jumping over the fences and using the same pitch, but treating it with respect...

Unbelievable aint it. There’s a BMX  track just been built in LH (pump track I think is the proper name for them) I’ve had my lad there a couple of times and the usual little shits are trying their best to fuck it up .

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Unbelievable aint it. There’s a BMX  track just been built in LH (pump track I think is the proper name for them) I’ve had my lad there a couple of times and the usual little shits are trying their best to fuck it up .

Aye its madness.

Fortunately the 4G is being replaced this month so it wasn't the end of the world.

Until the little cunts try to set the new one on fire 😁

Was a nice school as well, being looked after by the site management.

8 hours ago, royal white said:

LH is probably the worst place I know for cunts smashing up the few amenities in the town, everything good gets destroyed, this been going on for as long as I can remember. Hence I binned it off and left the area, once my old fella passes I’ll doubt I’ll ever go back. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper