Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

On 07/09/2022 at 10:30, gonzo said:

My lads under 12s team play Fleetwood Gym this Saturday.

Theyve had to move the game from their ground in Fleetwood to a 'neutral' venue in Bispham on unity academy. (Where we train) 

Theyve had to bring the head of referees to ref the game and the league officials are going to be present to observe the behaviour of their players and parents.

This after our manager lodged complaints after their behaviour last time and other teams since have faced similar issues.

We've all had letters from the league and club warning us not to react to their behaviour and its being heavily monitored.

Im really glad I want there last time, but cant wait to be there for this one.

Anyone fancy a day out by the sea on sat? :D

This match got called off.

Played it today on neutral venue.

Their parents on best behaviour but their coaches were utter, utter cunts. Screaming and balling at their kids to get stuck in. Lads getting dragged off for not tackling strong enough.

Didnt hear them mention actual football once.

Everytime they lashed out and kicked ours they were told well done. Absolute disgrace.

We won 2-0. The goals? A penalty followed by a free kick, both given for over the ball fouls.

Our lads kept their cool and were drilled to let the football do the talking.

Ave that you Fleetwood cunts. 

8 hours ago, DazBob said:

Yep, kids play at the Eddie Davies Academy. If it's wet don't wear your best trainers!

That'll be a great experience then. Our lot beat Morecambe academy this morning, doing really well for a first year team. Blackpool FC girls and PNE girls up next

• Site Supporter
On 13/11/2022 at 21:03, Kane57 said:

That'll be a great experience then. Our lot beat Morecambe academy this morning, doing really well for a first year team. Blackpool FC girls and PNE girls up next

My daughter played Morecambe academy once. U10 so 4 years ago
due to only having one coach, the other coach from Morecambe took our subs with his and was doing drills while waiting and telling our girls tips on how to defend against their fast winger etc

after the game all the girls sat together , each got offered sweets from this box and the main Morecambe coach went through the game from both points of view and gave a lot of advice/ praise to each of our players as well as his own . 
 Emphasis was developing girls playing, not the result or which team they were on.

Always had a lot of time for Morecambe after that experience.

1 hour ago, fatolive said:

My daughter played Morecambe academy once. U10 so 4 years ago
due to only having one coach, the other coach from Morecambe took our subs with his and was doing drills while waiting and telling our girls tips on how to defend against their fast winger etc

after the game all the girls sat together , each got offered sweets from this box and the main Morecambe coach went through the game from both points of view and gave a lot of advice/ praise to each of our players as well as his own . 
 Emphasis was developing girls playing, not the result or which team they were on.

Always had a lot of time for Morecambe after that experience.

As nice a gesture as that was, it would be proper red flag nowadays. We are warned time and time again about taking kids in vehicles and offering sweets.

Big no no

• Site Supporter

When my daughter was 11 or 12 she was playing at Blackpool’s training facility at the end of Blackpool Airport’s runway. They hadn’t put the fence up a yard from the touchline so supporters/parents were on the line.

A kid from Blackpool kicked the ball out for a throw except one of the grandparents put his foot on it to stop us having to go for it. The ref (from their club) shouted at his own players that the ball hadn’t crossed the line and play on. Whilst our kids turned to the ref appealing for fair play Blackpool girls ran off with the ball and scored. 

The cheating cunt got dog’s abuse for the rest of the game.

Another reason to hate the orange cunts!

Edited by MickyD
Fat thumbs

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

As nice a gesture as that was, it would be proper red flag nowadays. We are warned time and time again about taking kids in vehicles and offering sweets.

Big no no

Yeh get that, it was more they were all sat there and all got treated the same no matter which team, the sweets were only a small part of it at the end , sat in the centre circle with all parents gathered around . 

I’ve coached kids for years too and know only too well the minefield it is, from offering lifts to even consoling one who’s upset etc but this was more a comment on this particular coaches desire to improve the game as a whole rather than his result on the day 👍

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

When my daughter was 11 or 12 she was playing at Blackpool’s training facility at the end of Blackpool Airport’s runway. They hadn’t put the fence up a yard from the touchline so supporters/parents were on the line.

A kid from Blackpool kicked the ball out for a throw except one of the grandparents put his foot on it to stop us having to go for it. The ref (from their club) shouted at his own players that the ball hadn’t crossed the line and play on. Whilst our kids turned to the ref appealing for fair play Blackpool girls ran off with the ball and scored. 

The cheating cunt got dog’s abuse for the rest of the game.

Another reason to hate the orange cunts!

Should have done a two-footed lunge on the old cunt. That'd teach him/her/them

The pitches at Common Edge Road next to the airport have been totally revamped, must be 50-60 flawless pitches on there now, plus when the game gets a bit dull you can have a look at the planes taking off next door.

Glad you had a good experience with Morecambe, ours wasn't that good - their coach was a gobby shitehawk who'd given his son the whistle and was telling his players to go in hard on ours and to 'show no mercy' etc, was pathetic really.

there are definitely two types of coaches- ones who are thick and want to win at all costs, and those who see the bigger picture. i have had my run ins with parents who demand their lad to be playing, and bemoan throwing away a 3-0 lead in a preseason friendly; ignoring the fact results dont count, and that half of the team are playing their very first game of football.

i had to raise my voice for the first time last weekend, only because my guys have gotten complacent. they are just expecting to turn teams over, and are all desperate to score. i had one kid burst into tears because we went 2-0 down, and another just walk off because he didnt get to play upfront (his dad is co-manager). i was gutted- i dont want to be 'that' coach, but they need some discipline. i want them to dislike losing, but understand it happens... its how they deal with it that matters 

Turns out my lad is in same year as one of Fleetwoods players from Sat. He stood out as being one of their more creative players.

Told my lad he hates playing for them. All they spoke about before the game was to rough our lads up and target certain players. Their coaches had been to watch us play before the abandoned match and again last week. They were even playing at the same time yet one of their coaches was halfway across town watching us play.

Fucking pathetic.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Turns out my lad is in same year as one of Fleetwoods players from Sat. He stood out as being one of their more creative players.

Told my lad he hates playing for them. All they spoke about before the game was to rough our lads up and target certain players. Their coaches had been to watch us play before the abandoned match and again last week. They were even playing at the same time yet one of their coaches was halfway across town watching us play.

Fucking pathetic.

Hang on. I thought you meant the dad played for fleetwood who we play this sat.

You mean they scouted A’s match at junior level? Wowsers.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Fucking pathetic.

47 minutes ago, tomski said:

It really is going beyond expectation and acceptability of junior football. What kind of club is this?

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It really is going beyond expectation and acceptability of junior football. What kind of club is this?

it happens regularly, you wouldn’t believe it. 
Happened to my lad once in the BBDFL. 
local rivals, well lots of lads in the same school on two different teams. Due to play each other in the cup, they were a section above.

not only did they come to our league game ( sometimes players would watch each other’s as they knew each other anyway)  but the coach came watching and lads video’d it on their phones and their next session the footage was gone through in a team meeting by all accounts ! Absolutely unbelievable, especially  as most knew each other in any case but apparently they were looking at the ones they didn’t. This was u15 !
we won the cup game so it didn’t do them any good , but yeh, notes on who to watch, tactics to deal with certain players all very premier league . 

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fucking pathetic.

My lad played against from Fleetwood last week (cracking set up by the way). The fleetwood kids had some right attitudes on them and the coaches weren’t to much different. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Traf said:

No safeguarding issues filming U-15's without consent?

Probably was technically, but didn’t really get raised as there were no safeguarding concerns on the team and the location was public .

was kids from one team filming another and their coach using it to influence his training was the unbelievable part. 
the only thing it really lead to was the  give us a clue “ it’s a film” style hand motions on celebrating the goals against them 

5 hours ago, fatolive said:

it happens regularly, you wouldn’t believe it. 
Happened to my lad once in the BBDFL. 
local rivals, well lots of lads in the same school on two different teams. Due to play each other in the cup, they were a section above.

not only did they come to our league game ( sometimes players would watch each other’s as they knew each other anyway)  but the coach came watching and lads video’d it on their phones and their next session the footage was gone through in a team meeting by all accounts ! Absolutely unbelievable, especially  as most knew each other in any case but apparently they were looking at the ones they didn’t. This was u15 !
we won the cup game so it didn’t do them any good , but yeh, notes on who to watch, tactics to deal with certain players all very premier league . 

Happened in Bolton Bury league a lot from 1 specific club when my lad played, they rocked up to watch us and loads of teams....proper nice people tbh and still close with 1 or 2 of them.

They just took the job very seriously.

They even had an Unofficial league table....before the lads started to play competitive games….crowing themselves “Unofficial League Champions”.

They was a cracking side....not sure any of the players are still playing tho.

😅

7 hours ago, tomski said:

Yep, unbelievable isnt it. Then spent a training session on who to target. Sad fucks.

Poultons coach did it before our cup final with them in May. Tbf they completely did a job on us, froze out our two biggest threats and won a scabby 1-0. Their coach even bought two of their players to watch us. Crazy.

4 hours ago, royal white said:

My lad played against from Fleetwood last week (cracking set up by the way). The fleetwood kids had some right attitudes on them and the coaches weren’t to much different. 

Great set up poolfoot mate. You sum up the town of Fleetwood in general. Secular fuckers with massive chips on their shoulders. They are all the same.