Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Pablo said:

New one, just found out tonight.

u16 team lost to a supposed u16 team 3-0 at weekend...all winning lads massive...proper fully grown, parents suspicious, but its only a friendly....

 

turns out....they are a full U17 team....with 2 u21 lads playing for them!!!

why!?!

Absolutely. Totally cunty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, he's following the correct guidlines mate.  FA have a "long term player development" framework. Search it on Google, you'll find loads of info. He's doing the right thing. When they mo

It means a lot more to the kids than simply playing football. They learn so many life skills being part of a team going out every week trying their best for themselves and eachother. Its mor

His; Whilst I have fith in him, I dont for second expect him to make it pro. The last thing he needs is my pressure and expectations weighing him down, he hears it from others. I keep his feet on the

What age do we think kids should be getting separated in to ability?

my lads 6 and plays at a club that’s just split in to 3 teams. 

It seems the guy who runs the overall thing has handpicked the best kids for his team and 3rd team is full of the kids, like mine that can’t be arsed yet and parents are jusy glad they’re out of the house haha

Im not sure it should’ve been done like this though at such an early age. The team of cast offs are just going to get worse and left behind surely?

Edited by gonzo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

If it's anything like it used to be the split comes when numbers of kids demand more than one (or two)  teams.  Once that's done it is pointless divvying up all the good and not so good players and having two or three teams with two good players,  a few not good and some o.k ones.  There will always be a demand for all the good ones to play together. Probably led by the parents of the gifted players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye I’d get it for older ages. You’re not even meant to keep scores at this level. Not for a few years either. All matches are just friendlies. 

Mate, I've wrote and rewrote this 3 times. I'm out for a curry, so I'm slowly getting toasted 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

What age do we think kids should be getting separated in to ability?

my lads 6 and plays at a club that’s just split in to 3 teams. 

It seems the guy who runs the overall thing has handpicked the best kids for his team and 3rd team is full of the kids, like mine that can’t be arsed yet and parents are jusy glad they’re out of the house haha

Im not sure it should’ve been done like this though at such an early age. The team of cast offs are just going to get worse and left behind surely?

An issue at my lads club recently is equal playing time, u12 downwards should get 50% on the pitch but the coach is giving fuck all to some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Horwich said:

Sounds like a proper shite club. Take kids to a youth club if you want to keep them busy.

That’s the point, it’s not, it’s highy regarded and I don’t want to.

I want him to engage and play football even though he’s not that in to yet as, as we are seeing here, they get left behind at an early age. 

My eldest was 7ish by time he wanted to play properly and teams had already been formed and played together for years. 

It’s not meant to be like this nowadays..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be getting younger and younger now the ability split.

But how do you know how good they are when playing friendlies anyway !?!

Was about 10/11 it started when mine was younger, thats when competative leages started, some clubs started younger but that was down to coach's ego's.

Edited by Pablo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

It is starting earlier, my eldest lad played with the same bunch of mates until he was 13 , then some dropped out, some moved down / up etc 

now you get coaches If some clubs asking for friendlies at u6 / u7 and Saying things like “high level only “  or putting an add out “ high level u7 team in need of striker / centre mid . Centre mid at 5 or 7 a side.
it’s madness and shows the coaches are just massaging their own egos 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fatolive said:

It is starting earlier, my eldest lad played with the same bunch of mates until he was 13 , then some dropped out, some moved down / up etc 

now you get coaches If some clubs asking for friendlies at u6 / u7 and Saying things like “high level only “  or putting an add out “ high level u7 team in need of striker / centre mid . Centre mid at 5 or 7 a side.
it’s madness and shows the coaches are just massaging their own egos 

This. 

 

It really pisses me off when coaches and parents say he can't play there, or he's not a defender... How the fuck do they know before a kids developed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished coaching kids football last year after 11 years.  Only got into it because my son was to shy to go to a football club. Anyway, I was a coach in his team from Year 1 up until Year 11.  Started off as a school team training with a couple of friendlies and then joined a league from u10 and finished at u16, only local so mixed ability.  Most stuff already said, I can relate to.

Parents are definitely the worse at younger age groups, we had players promised the latest game or fad If they score a hat trick or goal and then the player is focussed on just scoring (understandably) which then impacts on other players who are trying doing what we asked them to.  Parents moaning about the amount of game time their son got, or moaning that a player not so good is getting the same amount of time and patents result focussed when we were trying to teach them to play.  Peelyfeet is bang on how coaching should be.

As the kids get older, parents don’t bother attending and your expected to put up/take down the nets, take kids to the game and no one ever volunteered to run the line so we’d end up doing that too.  Kids develop an attitude and turn up late with general can’t be aresedness, they all think they are world beaters and expect to play the full game.  In our last season there was only one team who had coaches  who were nice, the rest were all on ego trips and we even had one coach tell the ref before the game that we were the dirtiest side in the league, to try and get an edge.

Been out of it for just over a year and don’t miss it all.  Shame really as the early days were a bit better as the all the kids wanted to do was play football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I got it dropped on me

Did 7s to 15s

I probably was a bit hard on some of em, but fcuking hell, when youve got kids picking daisies, it does test the patience

I had a few good players but not enough to ever be competitive so theyd drift off to play for other teams

I do wonder if i couldve been better, pretty sure i could, but by their last season, i still had 16 turning up to get beat most weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gonzo said:

That’s the point, it’s not, it’s highy regarded and I don’t want to.

I want him to engage and play football even though he’s not that in to yet as, as we are seeing here, they get left behind at an early age. 

My eldest was 7ish by time he wanted to play properly and teams had already been formed and played together for years. 

It’s not meant to be like this nowadays..

 

Ideally you don't want kids playing against or with players of vastly higher or lower quality, because they're more likely to quit if they're in a team that get smashed every week, or if they're playing in a team with a load of lads that are much worse or better than them. 

Whatever team theyre in, the coach should be making playing time as equal as possible. At the academies it's miles more ruthless but they still have to give each player at least 50% game time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On 27/08/2020 at 17:38, peelyfeet said:

Ideally you don't want kids playing against or with players of vastly higher or lower quality, because they're more likely to quit if they're in a team that get smashed every week, or if they're playing in a team with a load of lads that are much worse or better than them. 

Whatever team theyre in, the coach should be making playing time as equal as possible. At the academies it's miles more ruthless but they still have to give each player at least 50% game time.

My daughter and two other girls were talented enough to be  playing in a team 12 months older than they were. The club did this because they were just too good to be playing at their own age group. 
One weekend, their team didn’t have a game as they’d got a bye in a cup game. The manager of the age below where they were playing contacted us at Friday night training and asked if we could play in their cup tie at Elton.

The three “guests” soon got the score to an embarrassing 13 or 14 - 0 so I asked the manager to think about taking the three of them off and making sure that the girls left on the sidelines got a kick about. Elton soon scored 7 goals so the manger brought the three of them back on. 
 

What a waste of a day it had been allowing the manager to stroke her ego playing a few girls who were streets ahead of all the others on the pitch. The three parents agreed that we wouldn’t let that happen again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 9 years in with my team, this being my last year, anyhow I’d say kids need to find their own level at their own pace, Parents should be realistic and if their kid is struggling once it gets competitive consider moving to a team in a lower league or ask the coach to move them, a coaches job at non academy level is to make sure the kids enjoy the sessions, don’t bore the pants of them thinking your Pep, let them play allow them to express themselves and if they make a mistake nudge them the right way but don’t jump on them and make them lose confidence. To answer the original question I’d say coaches should look to put teams in to different abilities as they go into competitive games, which from memory is about 11, even then it shouldn’t be set in stone as kids develop physically at different speed and some will drop off after 11 and others will improve.

My motto is it’s all about the kids not me, if you think your coach thinks it’s all about him/her, then move to another club. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites

we had a zoom meeting with the academy manager last night. training now drop off and pick up only from designated spots. sessions down from 2.5 hours to 1.5 hours, which is a right bastard considering there isnt much to do in Padiham. No friday night games, and matches tbc from october. kids will be allocated a cone, with a bib, training kit, and probably a match kit to take home and arrive in... apparently this is the same up to 18s, with players turning up in kits- even away at Etihad Campus.

Coaches will be wearing gloves and masks, and will looking after groups of 4... 

they have eliminated a multi sports aspect, and we're encouraged to find additional activities for the boys... he fancies a return to muay thai, and has rubbished rugby league. any suggestions for u11s on monday or wednesday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 17:55, Dr Faustus said:

we had a zoom meeting with the academy manager last night. training now drop off and pick up only from designated spots. sessions down from 2.5 hours to 1.5 hours, which is a right bastard considering there isnt much to do in Padiham. No friday night games, and matches tbc from october. kids will be allocated a cone, with a bib, training kit, and probably a match kit to take home and arrive in... apparently this is the same up to 18s, with players turning up in kits- even away at Etihad Campus.

Coaches will be wearing gloves and masks, and will looking after groups of 4... 

they have eliminated a multi sports aspect, and we're encouraged to find additional activities for the boys... he fancies a return to muay thai, and has rubbished rugby league. any suggestions for u11s on monday or wednesday?

bwfc and pne acadmies still not open for any kids u14 and below. wondering if they'll get to kick a ball at lostock this year now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2020 at 08:18, marple whites said:

Charlie McNeill the best striker I have seen live in the 10 years I have been watching junior football when my lad has played against man city has gone to man united ( he is a united fan)
 

watch this space.

 

United have a lad from dagestan,   13yr old,  built like a wrestler, skilful, scores goals for fun and is as tough as khabib. Ill post his name on here when he gets a bit older. Be surprised if he's not in the 1st team at 16/17.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

United have a lad from dagestan,   13yr old,  built like a wrestler, skilful, scores goals for fun and is as tough as khabib. Ill post his name on here when he gets a bit older. Be surprised if he's not in the 1st team at 16/17.

Have they seen his proper birth certificate?

He’s probably 27.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.