Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Just now, kent_white said:

I don't feel like it's a political statement at all. Not at the football at least. Seems to me it's just a bunch of young lads expressing themselves about racism. Doubt they've given a seconds thought to whether there's a latent nefarious political ideology pulling the strings from afar.

Turn your back and a lot of people will just assume you're a racist. And then we'll get the inevitable backlash. And then the players will keep on doing it to prove a point. And then we'll have yet another cultural splitting point.

Anyway - it's your back. You do what you think is best. I think what you said about staying behind the stands untill the whole thing is over is probably the most sensible thing!

I'll just be glad when we can get back to normal :)

We can agree on that, but I think you maybe surprised of how many people would turn their backs, if you disagree with something and I certainly disagree with what BLM stand for NOW.

Citeh fans turn their back on the champions league anthem.

ALL fans should turn their backs on that scouse walk alone shite when they visit Anfield.

We have 'Kick it out', we should leave it at that, why would we want to cause anymore divide, people have had a belly full, its everywhere, we are consumed by it and most of all, the majority of us have simply had enough.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never will I go if that’s the future. 

I will say it again... We had 11 players who are new to the club starting yesterday, it needs time & it's probably in our favour that games are behind closed doors given the impatience of some peo

Sign up for an account. It will then offer you a match pass (click on matches tab and you should see Bradford game) click on to match centre to purchase. Card details and all that shouldn’t be tricky.

57 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I hope they carry on doing it. It’s a good way to show solidarity. All racism needs to be called out. 

The only solidarity I want to see is amongst our own supporters, you start putting politics into a matchday experience and you will cause divide and arguments, let's just get on with the football and free from politics, that way we can all agree on something.

Edited by Mr Grey
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

People are seriously considering 'turning their back' in protest? I bet none of you actually do it on match day. And if you do it'll mark you out as a massive bellend.

No it won’t, it will mark me out as someone who is sick of this woke society full of people like you who are happy to be conned along by disruptive organisations like BLM using this silly gesture as a political tool. What happened in America should be sorted in America. Our police in Bolton don’t go around throttling people or shooting them in the back, black or white. Both were terrible and should be investigated in the USA but I’m going to a football match and I don’t need to be confronted by a racist, political action before every game starts. I hope everybody who is against this pathetic embarrassment will stand up, turn their back and even boo until it’s put to an end.

• Members
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Turn your back and a lot of people will just assume you're a racist. 

Whereas the other suggestions I’ve heard today, starting two oft-heard Chants:

Stand Up, For The Wanderers

or maybe worse

Come On You Whites

Both have their place at Bolton games but can you imagine the backlash if either of these two plus one or two other regulars, (White Army!, etc.) started right at that point?

57 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Delfounso obviously felt strongly enough about it to raise a fist as well as take a knee.  As a Wanderers fan why would you not want to show support for how one of our own is feeling?  As a human being, why wouldn't you?

Are you completely thick, taking the knee was in support of George Floyd, raising the fist is a black power gesture. There’s a world of difference between the two. If a player remained standing and gave a nazi salute, how would you feel about that?

57 minutes ago, Traf said:

I've seen enough of it.

Everyone with an ounce of decency knows that black lives matter and why they're protesting, but I don't need to see it everytime I turn the fucking telly on.

Wife had BGT on last night and Diversity (all of them are black, so not that diverse) did a piece all about "the struggle" including replicating the Floyd incident. That's not fucking entertainment, that's ramming a cause down our throats.

👍

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Whereas the other suggestions I’ve heard today, starting two oft-heard Chants:

Stand Up, For The Wanderers

or maybe worse

Come On You Whites

Both have their place at Bolton games but can you imagine the backlash if either of these two plus one or two other regulars, (White Army!, etc.) started right at that point?

Stand up for the Wanderers would at least be a message that the vast majority don't stand with the woke warriors and their relentless browbeating and agenda.

• Members
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I've seen enough of it.

Everyone with an ounce of decency knows that black lives matter and why they're protesting, but I don't need to see it everytime I turn the fucking telly on.

Wife had BGT on last night and Diversity (all of them are black, so not that diverse) did a piece all about "the struggle" including replicating the Floyd incident. That's not fucking entertainment, that's ramming a cause down our throats.

I immediately wondered what UK police would have thought of having mostly white guest dancers acting out the part of aggressive cop while the black dancers portrayed the submissive group the cops were down-treading. They didn’t portray the black kids refusing to follow the cop’s instructions or the looters. Strange that!

47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't feel like it's a political statement at all. Not at the football at least. Seems to me it's just a bunch of young lads expressing themselves about racism. Doubt they've given a seconds thought to whether there's a latent nefarious political ideology pulling the strings from afar.

Turn your back and a lot of people will just assume you're a racist. And then we'll get the inevitable backlash. And then the players will keep on doing it to prove a point. And then we'll have yet another cultural splitting point.

Anyway - it's your back. You do what you think is best. I think what you said about staying behind the stands untill the whole thing is over is probably the most sensible thing!

I'll just be glad when we can get back to normal :)

‘Taking the knee’ is not a political statement’ ? What is it then a warm up exercise?

Like all fans, players will all have their own political views let’s keep it that way, I would boo to show that however worthy the cause I don’t need to know their politics or opinions, I’ve paid to watch a football match nothing more nothing less

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Are you completely thick, taking the knee was in support of George Floyd, raising the fist is a black power gesture. There’s a world of difference between the two. If a player remained standing and gave a nazi salute, how would you feel about that?

In todays climate, there's no world of difference at all.  Delfounso, and several other players, and people in general, have felt strongly enough about current circumstances to do both.

You then compare that gesture to someone doing a Nazi salute and ask if I'm thick? 😅

No it won’t, it will mark me out as someone who is sick of this woke society full of people like you who are happy to be conned along by disruptive organisations like BLM using this silly gesture as a political tool. What happened in America should be sorted in America. Our police in Bolton don’t go around throttling people or shooting them in the back, black or white. Both were terrible and should be investigated in the USA but I’m going to a football match and I don’t need to be confronted by a racist, political action before every game starts. I hope everybody who is against this pathetic embarrassment will stand up, turn their back and even boo until it’s put to an end.

We're booing it now as well are we?

Fuck me! 😂😂😂

Edited by kent_white

Wow

just wow

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We're booing it now as well are we?

Fuck me! 😂😂😂

Booing would be a bit to far and juvenile.

Emotions are boiling over, that's what it causes. 

That aside, I think we all want football back.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

In todays climate, there's no world of difference at all.  Delfounso, and several other players, and people in general, have felt strongly enough about current circumstances to do both.

You then compare that gesture to someone doing a Nazi salute and ask if I'm thick? 😅

People in general? Are you sure about that? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think you're right, in some instances some folk will instantly decide its racist.

Which, unfortunately, is somewhat symptomatic of society. The very reason why we've had issues in social services and police with things like grooming. Folk scared of being labelled.

Surely one of the most inclusive, non discriminatory events we witness is teams of lads from all walks of life competing together on a sports pitch, and being applauded and appreciated equally by fans.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Absolutely. You haven't seen football players and some folk in the street taking a knee and raising a fist?  Do you not watch the news?! 

We all have. Seen many more just going about their daily business without feeling the kneed.

On the game. 

2 wing backs got fwad and then the ball was lost so Bradford played into the space. 

Taft and Santos going fwad is ok if you do not get stuck upfield. I actually felt sorry for Baptiste only one who actually tried to defend for 90 minutes. 

70% possession. 0% inventiveness. 

We will improve. 

Edited by Ani
  • Members
38 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

People are really moaning about players kneeling in a match they aren't attending? 

No, if you actually read the whole thread the discussion about whether it’ll last until and beyond live audiences.