Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Equality in sport

Rudy

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Loads knocking about the a1 yesterday and m6 earlier this week. But don’t see huge numbers nowadays. Too busy baking tiktok videos somewhere no doubt avoiding breaking up Covid breaches 

The other day, wife was at a site meeting. Whilst chatting she put two mobiles in the slot at the bottom of the windscreen, below the bonnet.

Got onto the motorway to come home, and yes, one took off and landed in the middle lane behind her.

Fortunately, a traffic car was on the hard shoulder, assisting someone with a puncture.

She told him her situation: bank cards in the case the lot.

He instructed her to pull off and wait at the park and ride. Then set off himself, came off, back down the other carriageway to the previous junction and back up. She also saw a second police car following shortly after.

A little while later, he returned with phone in hand, all her cards present. Phone had been run over and was shagged, but he'd saved a shit load of hassle.

Presumably put some sort of rolling road block in place, but what a guy!

• Members
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The other day, wife was at a site meeting. Whilst chatting she put two mobiles in the slot at the bottom of the windscreen, below the bonnet.

Got onto the motorway to come home, and yes, one took off and landed in the middle lane behind her.

Fortunately, a traffic car was on the hard shoulder, assisting someone with a puncture.

She told him her situation: bank cards in the case the lot.

He instructed her to pull off and wait at the park and ride. Then set off himself, came off, back down the other carriageway to the previous junction and back up. She also saw a second police car following shortly after.

A little while later, he returned with phone in hand, all her cards present. Phone had been run over and was shagged, but he'd saved a shit load of hassle.

Presumably put some sort of rolling road block in place, but what a guy!

I assume you’re the brains at TMGJ HQ

Its like watching Rodger Federer on centre court brushing off tenacious power shots with effortless brushes of the forearm reading Birch on this thread.

Masterfully nailing the opponent with ease,style and decorum, refusing to get involved in a pointless ralleigh of sling shots. Not a bead of sweat on his brow.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not fucking difficult pal! :)

Daft thing, she saw they were connected to the car via Bluetooth and thought they were inside!

Happen she's going through the change.😁

She’s becoming a fella? 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Its like watching Rodger Federer on centre court brushing off tenacious power shots with effortless brushes of the forearm reading Birch on this thread.

Masterfully nailing the opponent with ease,style and decorum, refusing to get involved in a pointless ralleigh of sling shots. Not a bead of sweat on his brow.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

Not that hard when his opponent is a complete lunatic; never heard as much garbage in all my life that Cheese has come out with but agree that Birch has used decorum rather than telling him he is nuts

7 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The stats are clear; majority of def crime is Black is Black all in, we're gonna win...

Check it out, yeah y'all, come on, here we go again...

Who are 'them'?

Them is Black criminals because that is what Cheese was defending. Catch up or is them another word we cannot use because you are offended

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Them is Black criminals because that is what Cheese was defending. Catch up or is them another word we cannot use because you are offended

I assume English isn't your first language, but can you please provide an example of me "defending criminals"?

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What do you think is the cause of all the "black on black" crime you keep talking about? There is no excuse for crime so why do you question the stop and search when they are targeting the culprits?

Fuck mop...

I reckon' he was verging on cocoa-shunter territory there, so no need to lock up your white womenfolk.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What do you think is the cause of all the "black on black" crime you keep talking about? There is no excuse for crime so why do you question the stop and search when they are targeting the culprits?

I don't "keep talking about black on black crime". What the fuck are you going on about? Have you confused me with someone else?

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Not one of 'them'.

•  
  20 hours ago, Cheese said:

If black men are stopped and searched 10 times more than white men, then obviously the number of black men they find carrying knives is going to be disproportionate, which creates a vicious circle.

The stats are clear; majority of knife crime is Black on Black and the same with gun crime. Stop defending them

In reply to Cheese going on about black men my response of them obviously means the Black men; or are you just dumb? He is defending the fact that knife crime is percentage wise mostly Black. Why do you have such a problem with that? 

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:
  •  
  20 hours ago, Cheese said:

If black men are stopped and searched 10 times more than white men, then obviously the number of black men they find carrying knives is going to be disproportionate, which creates a vicious circle.

The stats are clear; majority of knife crime is Black on Black and the same with gun crime. Stop defending them

In reply to Cheese going on about black men my response of them obviously means the Black men; or are you just dumb? He is defending the fact that knife crime is percentage wise mostly Black. Why do you have such a problem with that? 

How is that an example of me "defending criminals"? It's simple logic and maths. If you search 100 black men for knives, but only 10 white men, the figures will be distorted. It wasn't even me who pointed out that black men are 'stopped and searched' 10 times more often than white men. It was Birch...

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How is that an example of me "defending criminals"? It's simple logic and maths. If you search 100 black men for knives, but only 10 white men, the figures will be distorted. It wasn't even me who pointed out that black men are 'stopped and searched' 10 times more often than white men. It was Birch...

Well I read between the lines and with your 'logic' I took it you was defending disproportionate crime. Apologies to you.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Do you think if the police stop and searched more women they would find more knives? 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, royal white said:

Do you think if the police stop and searched more women they would find more knives? 

Or dwarves. Or people with ginger hair. Or people with one arm. You clearly don't understand the arithmetic, or the point I was making, so what's yours? Do you think black men are more likely to carry knives purely because they're black?

Yes, if they stop and searched 100 women and only 10 men, the figures would be distorted. If they found 1 woman and 1 man carrying a knife, they could conclude that 10% of men carry knives, but only 1 % of women do.

Please try your best not to use the  🤷‍♂️ emoji.

Edited by Cheese