Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

ifollow

little whitt

• Moderators
2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

we sold 2252 i follow passes for the Colchester game....Colchester took the first 500 and we pocketed the rest.

Colchester only sold 452 passes so with the 500 they had from us they actually made no money once refunds are met.

How does that work then, limited follow passes?  

Here’s part of the statement from Colchesters chairman 

In terms of fans watching the game, I think the EFL have created a great product and the revenue it is generating is gratefully received. It’s small amounts of income at the moment but I’m optimistic that more of you will want to follow the team both home and away as you discover just how good the streaming option is.

And remember we are back to the broadcast quality cameras now, not the analysis cameras we had to use for the first two pre-season fixtures.

Streaming Revenues
The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500).

This has put a very new aspect on the revenue that is available to clubs this season. Bolton made more money in gate receipts from our home fixture than we did because they had the revenue from 1,752 iFollow passes whereas we had the revenue from 952 iFollow passes. In normal times, we would have expected about £54,000 in home gate receipts from this fixture but we will receive just shy of £8,000, whereas Bolton would have expected about £600 for the 5% commission we pay them but will have received about £14,000 more than that.

We sold just over 300 streams for the away game against Bradford, so we earnt £0.00 for that away game and I expect that to be the case for every away game this season. So based on twenty three away games, Bolton look set to receive about £345,000 from the streaming of their away games this season whilst we can look forward to approximately £0.00.

16 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

It doesn't make sense to me

Let's say 100,000 folk decided to part with £10 to watch it

Does this mean 97k couldn't?

It's a streaming service, surely anyone can just rock up and watch?

no i was quoting Saturdays figures....Seems the home team take all that they sell plus the first 500 the away team sell hence they got paid out only 942 streams compared with our 1752

If number of i-follow passes sold is quite significant, and each club obviously knows the figures judging by that statement, they should start publishing "attendances" with away fans in brackets.  It might just encourage a few more to pay up which can only help the clubs, and it would provide talking points and bragging rights for us massive clubs.

13 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If number of i-follow passes sold is quite significant, and each club obviously knows the figures judging by that statement, they should start publishing "attendances" with away fans in brackets.  It might just encourage a few more to pay up which can only help the clubs, and it would provide talking points and bragging rights for us massive clubs.

What might encourage more fans to take this up is for clubs to offer a "freeview" code so that you can log on for say the first 15 minutes of a couple of games to sample the quality of the product and get used to a new way of watching.  

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

What might encourage more fans to take this up is for clubs to offer a "freeview" code so that you can log on for say the first 15 minutes of a couple of games to sample the quality of the product and get used to a new way of watching.  

Good point.

I want to pay and watch but it all seems too technical for me.

I was the same with itunes a few years ago, but once I took the plunge with my first album, I was spending hunderds

8 hours ago, darwen_white said:

Good point.

I want to pay and watch but it all seems too technical for me.

I was the same with itunes a few years ago, but once I took the plunge with my first album, I was spending hunderds

So you sold all your vinyl cos you had it on mp3 ?

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

That would be terrible for iFollow. It's 50/50 whether it's working by the time a match kicks off. It's fucking infuriating, and when you tell them there's an issue you rarely get a response. Having said that, I'm a mug so I'll keep paying for it because it's better than nothing. That probably makes me part of the problem.

8 hours ago, waddy256 said:

So you sold all your vinyl cos you had it on mp3 ?

Music purchased from iTunes were AAC (m4a) format, that the rest of the world didn't bother with at the time

Apple Wankers

Edited by Gonk

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It needs making simpler, for example you can’t pay to view via the app, a simple link from the app to pay and view would suffice, instead you’ve got to go to the ifollow web site, register then login, pay and then go back to the app to view. 

This

I'm not stupid but ended setting up another account (in wifes name) and using her phone to watch Forrest Green match, after the link mon my phone wouldn't work.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It needs making simpler, for example you can’t pay to view via the app, a simple link from the app to pay and view would suffice, instead you’ve got to go to the ifollow web site, register then login, pay and then go back to the app to view. 

I find it's easier to stay permanently logged in on the bwfc website and buy matches through there. Took me a couple of games to work out that was the best way. That's on a laptop though. Never used iFollow on mobile or tablet. 

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I find it's easier to stay permanently logged in on the bwfc website and buy matches through there. Took me a couple of games to work out that was the best way. That's on a laptop though. Never used iFollow on mobile or tablet. 

I stayed logged in on my laptop like you Cheesey, but still failed to get on yet again, so ended up watching on my iPad, which was fine. I couldn’t get in at all for the FGR game because iFollow wouldn’t accept my ST pass code. To be fair they credited my payment for Colchester and at least I didn’t miss much with the game. Let’s hope I’m luckier this weekend?