Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

evatt  saying in is interview about getting rid of the clubs loosing mentality. Well changing the manager the  owners the whole coaching staff the whole playing staff and playing without  the fans 
May be a exorcism will work  we’re running out of options 

We've played one proper game, and lost 1-0.

15 minutes ago, Deanu said:

3-4-1-2 the wing backs are genuinely useless for us forcing Delf & Doyle to drift wide leaving nobody in the centre. John Rooney was the main guy at Barrow in the hole behind the front two yet Sarce has been anonymous three games straight. The lack of pace & width is the main concern as without that it's ridiculously slow & lethargic no ideas. It doesn't matter who plays back three as they're all slow & can't control a simple ball whilst misplacing square three yard passes. I'll keep saying it if three at the back I want  Jones on the right of the three he's safe but useless going forward yet keeping a wing back in Hickman out who put more crosses in 60 mins than Jones & Gordon have in three matches. 3-4-3. Time to see Mascoll too Gordon doesn't even believe that hes capable of league 2 level. Sarce needs to drop deeper & be the steel opposed to the guile he's probably better breaking things up than being on the ball. White or Tutte alongside him as Comley hasn't provided anything yet he's looked lightweight for a supposed holding midfielde. The attack we need a solution to stop Doyle drifting wide maybe have Delf operate the Auba role, Doyle Centre which would mean Crawford/Miller operating right wing it's a major loss losing our only direct winger Politic. 

How the fuck am I meant to read that

44 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s those comments for me that are are completely reactionary after ONE GAME

A job they can’t do - They aren’t up to it- They won’t improve 

Absolute lunacy to be making those definitive judgements after one league game.

Yes today wasn’t good - doesn’t mean it will be like that for the rest of the season 

When I say they cant do that job, I mean that's not what they are.  They are full backs who can potentially pass a bit.  We've seen enough to know they aren't marauding overlapping tricky winger types with the pace and know-how to also defend well.  They are being asked to do a role they arent suited to, arent good enough for, in my opinion.

If they could concentrate on playing their normal roles they might be good enough.  Not dissimilar to Bridcutt at centre back, its not the player's fault if the manager asks them to play a different role.  But yes my opinion is they wont improve enough, they arent 19 or 20, they are established professionals, this is their level.

8 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

The culture of loosing and you can nearly smell it  excuse is a load of bollocks  not buying it . 
get it sorted 

Aye.  We've practically a whole new playing squad, new backroom staff and no fans in the ground. Where's this losing culture coming from? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Gmr interview evatt “ had a letter of a Bolton fan telling me to play to 442 and smash it down the channels not for me “  

Well as a plan B it might work 

Who writes to a manager to ‘advise’ him?

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, desperado said:

He’s not stopped trying to change it up:

He went Santos- Baptiste- Taft.  to  Brockbank- Delaney - Taft to Santos- Baptiste - Greenidge

He needs time to work out his best combination 

Desperado, why don’t you come to your senses?

• Site Supporter

8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye.  We've practically a whole new playing squad, new backroom staff and no fans in the ground. Where's this losing culture coming from? 

A load of misery guts on t'internet. Hope nobody at the club reads the shite that's posted on here.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A load of misery guts on t'internet. Hope nobody at the club read the shite that's posted on here!

Well there is that I suppose but I'm not having it that a few of us whingeing on here is preventing Santos and others from being great footballers 

6 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

I've settled my self into mizmog mode and am expecting us to get beat again.

I've not seen anything other than blind hope that would make me think otherwise.

After watching that dross this afternoon I'm even more convinced this season is going to be just as shit as the past few.

Just as aimless as the side cobbled together last year from who was left available.

Certainly won't be spending a tenner to watch the away games at this rate

50 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Worryingly, it was probably worse. 

Irrespective of whether the players are better or worse, the sum total is worse because of the system.  Last year we often had the outlet of Verlinden or Politic, to either create chances or just give us a bit of possession.  No outlet today, that was the biggest factor for me, not one period in the game where it felt like we had some control in the opposition half.