Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

One game into the season.

Its not just one game as you know, this has been going on for a few games now.  If Crawford's playing, we're OK going forward but terrible defending, if Crawford's not playing we're terrible all over.  If you think that's going to change just by hoping for the best, fine, but I disagree and am happy to be proved wrong.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Against a decent team we may well do , let's see how we fare away from home . 

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong , but that showing was very poor but you seem loathe to admit there is any problems at all , have you actually got any criticism about that performance or do you just cling on to blind faith that it will get better .

It was a very poor performance. I just think it's far too early to start criticising tactics or players. We are in League 2. We will perform worse than that and win games.

Just now, Cheese said:

It was a very poor performance. I just think it's far too early to start criticising tactics or players. We are in League 2. We will perform worse than that and win games.

Like I say nothing will please me more than you being a 100% correct , a lot of work to be done though and perhaps a couple more signings yet.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Its not just one game as you know, this has been going on for a few games now.  If Crawford's playing, we're OK going forward but terrible defending, if Crawford's not playing we're terrible all over.  If you think that's going to change just by hoping for the best, fine, but I disagree and am happy to be proved wrong.

I don't think anything will change by just "hoping for the best". I  just believe we will get better. How do you intend to change things?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Like I say nothing will please me more than you being a 100% correct , a lot of work to be done though and perhaps a couple more signings yet.

I'm not making any predictions, so there's nothing for me to be 'correct' about.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don't think anything will change by just "hoping for the best". I  just believe we will get better. How do you intend to change things?

4-4-2.  Crawford and Darcy to start.  A maximum of 1 of Greenidge and Santos to start.  Centre backs picked on ability to defend, not so called footballing ability.  Crawford, Tutte or White to take the ball off the centre backs to build attacks. Sign a winger.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

4-4-2.  Crawford and Darcy to start.  A maximum of 1 of Greenidge and Santos to start.  Centre backs picked on ability to defend, not so called footballing ability.  Crawford, Tutte or White to take the ball off the centre backs to build attacks. Sign a winger.

How are you going to implement that then? Are you going to send a letter to Ian Evatt?

Edited by Cheese

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Eh?

People like you who have basically made apologies for absolute dross over the last 10 years have helped to put us were we are now . That performance today was terrible and clueless . The 100% comment regarded your optimism that things will improve.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

People like you who have basically made apologies for absolute dross over the last 10 years have helped to put us were we are now . That performance today was terrible and clueless . 

Think you've had a few too many mate. Today's performance was awful. You must have got carried away with the "WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" shite, hence your disappointment. No need to take it out on anyone else though.

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Think you've had a few too many mate. Today's performance was awful. You must have got carried away with the "WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" shite, hence your disappointment. No need to take it out on anyone else though.

Your the blind optimist,  I don't expect world beaters but I do expect players to be able to pass a ball to one another from 5 feet away . 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Your the blind optimist,  I don't expect world beaters but I do expect players to be able to pass a ball to one another from 5 feet away . 

Not at all. Just think it's too early to judge. We'll be reet. Chill your boots 👍 Might be a discussion worth having in a couple of months, but not now, after a single league game. Evatt lost 8 of his first 12 at Barrow, and they won the League (technically)...

Edited by Cheese

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not at all. Just think it's too early to judge. We'll be reet. Chill your boots 👍 Might be a discussion worth having in a couple of months, but not now.

Maybe a couple more signings by then if you listen to the Boss , we go again next week.

Edited by dusan nikolic

8 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Why is anybody surprised?

We’ve been shite for the best part of nine years. 

The club gave up 13 years ago when it told Allardyce it didn't want Champions League football.Instead of wanting to build on four top 8 finishes it chose to be happy with finishing 4th bottom.

It's been on a downward spiral ever since to 19th in Div 4