Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hobbs probably doesnt have a club at the moment and Kean Bryan is looking for games.

I know its very early days, but both Hobbs and Bryan looked more more comfortable in posession than what we currently have. Chicksen and Emmanuel should also have been retained - easily good enough for this division.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I know its very early days, but both Hobbs and Bryan looked more more comfortable in posession than what we currently have. Chicksen and Emmanuel should also have been retained - easily good enough for this division.

Could be many different reasons why they weren't, but if its because IE didn't want them then we have to back his judgement for now. We were at Walsall in January in BSA's first season & some reckoned he had no idea what he was doing. 

It's far too early to say if Evatt will be successful or not but at least he is trying to play football that will be attractive to watch which is something we've had precious little of for over 10 years. 

From what I have seen so far, I hope Evatt makes the following changes for the next match:

tutte for Comley - Comley has looked a clumsy tackler and sloppy passer which we can’t afford in that position.

hickman for Santos - move Jones to centre right as he looks better defensively than Santos.

Taft for Greenidge - looks a better player.

Crawford for Delfouneso - Id like to see AC and Sarcevic working together further up the pitch behind Doyle.

Mascoll for Gordon - Gordon is missing defensively and adds little to the attack.

I think that team could get results.

9 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Delfouneso has been our best attacker so far. I would be disappointed if he was dropped so quickly.

Fair point but we need a better midfield base especially away.  We just need an extra body in there.  You could pick Delfounso instead of Doyle but the latter is a better goal threat.

7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

This

We aren't getting the ball to him.  The only way I can see to resolve that is going 3-4-2-1 and we get our two best playmakers in the team (Crawford and Sarcevic).  Otherwise Delfounso and Doyle will keep working really hard and getting one chance a match.

From what I've seen so far I wouldn't say Sarce is so much a playmaker as he is an industrious goalscoring midfielder. Crawford needs to play every second that he's fit and we either need to get Darcy adopting that role as the only other player in the squad capable or make a signing for a player that can cover that role. 

9 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

From what I've seen so far I wouldn't say Sarce is so much a playmaker as he is an industrious goalscoring midfielder. Crawford needs to play every second that he's fit and we either need to get Darcy adopting that role as the only other player in the squad capable or make a signing for a player that can cover that role. 

Whatever he is, he needs someone to help him there as he is not on the ball enough. I think him and Crawford would do ok together in the right system.  The key for me is having Tutte and White playing more holding type roles rather than one getting completely swamped by the opposition.  The only downside is playing one forward but as we hardly get the ball to them something has to change IMO.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Whatever he is, he needs someone to help him there as he is not on the ball enough. I think him and Crawford would do ok together in the right system.  The key for me is having Tutte and White playing more holding type roles rather than one getting completely swamped by the opposition.  The only downside is playing one forward but as we hardly get the ball to them something has to change IMO.

I think the key in this system going forwards isn't so much the midfield, it's the wing backs. They should be the ones getting in behind for cut backs or linking with the midfielder and the advanced wider CB to generate the offensive potential. Neither seem to be offering enough in that department so far, the one time we looked dangerous was when Hickman was offering this ability and we dominated, that needs to be happening constantly if this system is going to work. 

The midfield is there as a pivot point and to recycle possession until a defender is drawn out to allow a wing back space. I understand the frustration though and I get why you'd want to see more creativity coming through the middle but I honestly don't think that's supposed to be their job and may be why Crawford hasn't started as often as he should.

3 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I think the key in this system going forwards isn't so much the midfield, it's the wing backs. They should be the ones getting in behind for cut backs or linking with the midfielder and the advanced wider CB to generate the offensive potential. Neither seem to be offering enough in that department so far, the one time we looked dangerous was when Hickman was offering this ability and we dominated, that needs to be happening constantly if this system is going to work. 

The midfield is there as a pivot point and to recycle possession until a defender is drawn out to allow a wing back space. I understand the frustration though and I get why you'd want to see more creativity coming through the middle but I honestly don't think that's supposed to be their job and may be why Crawford hasn't started as often as he should.

Offensive,Pivot point,Recycle ffs

Have a nice day

11 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I agree and that is why I said we should try Hickman and Mascoll next game.

3 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

Yeah piss the league with at least 4 players out of position.

whose the four???

obviously crawford would play in the hole playing 4312

I should not have to say hickman will play on the right

ok

Crellin gk

rb jones

lb delaney

Zouma c/h

taft c/h

rm hickman

cm sarcevic/Darcy

cm white/tutte

lm moscalli/Gordon

fw crawford/fonz

fw Doyle

Edited by masi 51

Just now, masi 51 said:

whose the four???

obviously crawford would play in the hole playing 433

Delaney - Left Back? He's the most centre back, centre back that's ever centre backed.

Hickman - You've got in a midfield 3 for some reason, his pace and deliveries would be wasted. Plus can't imagine he'd be disciplined enough central. 

Crawford - Obviously? you've got him out wide there, where sure he'd whip some crosses in but that's not what Doyle is about. Pointless. Also not got the pace for it. 

Delfouneso - Can play wide and would graft but deliveries would be non-existent, prefer his industry close to support Doyle.

Darcy - On the wing? No thanks.

13 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

crellin

Delaney left back, Jones right back. Zouma Taft in the centre

hickman white sarcevic 

fonz/darcy   doyle     crawford

piss the league with that team

No chance. As mentioned by Meanderson too many out of position and a completely new system.

4 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Delaney - Left Back? He's the most centre back, centre back that's ever centre backed.

Hickman - You've got in a midfield 3 for some reason, his pace and deliveries would be wasted. Plus can't imagine he'd be disciplined enough central. 

Crawford - Obviously? you've got him out wide there, where sure he'd whip some crosses in but that's not what Doyle is about. Pointless. Also not got the pace for it. 

Delfouneso - Can play wide and would graft but deliveries would be non-existent, prefer his industry close to support Doyle.

Darcy - On the wing? No thanks.

Options

please tell me who you would have as L/b??

Hickman is too attacking to be a right back and jones is a ideal right back so in my opinion on the little i have seen of him right midfield is ideal

Formation is adaptable

We are debating the way Evatt plays

2 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Options

please tell me who you would have as L/b??

Hickman is too attacking to be a right back and jones is a ideal right back so in my opinion on the little i have seen of him right midfield is ideal

Formation is adaptable

We are debating the way Evatt plays

The three midfielders in a 4-3-3 are central midfielders.

Hickman can play full-back or wing-back.