Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester V Bolton

Zico

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Traf said:

I don't like to make comparisons with other teams in other seasons etc, but it really should be noted that Evatt did a similar rebuild at Barrow last season and got 7pts from their first 9 games.

We've also essentially built a squad around 2/3 from last year's team that was shit, a couple of L2's best from last season and the rest are freebies/loans from middling L2 teams or even non-league.

"Where were Barrow this time last season"

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I agree with giving him time but we can’t keep saying he has only had two games - we can’t ignore the cup game against Bradford and possibly the Crewe game either 

I think we can. For me those 2 cup games were an extension of pre-season. We are in a unique situation of bedding in a complete new squad, fielding players who have never played for bwfc and have never played together competitively.

And competitively is the key word. You can (and he has) work tirelessly on the training field, but you can’t replicate that competitive match situation. It’s only by getting out there playing games that he can see what works and what doesn’t. He’s showed he’s willing to change personnel, change formations, change tactics.

I think it was Tomski further up who said it’s a shame that aren’t a few more mid-week games and I agree. Whatever the case, we have to trust IE knows what to do to change it around.

4 hours ago, Ands1 said:

I have patience and I beleive it will come good, I merely stated that Keith Hill & Kenneth Anderson will be laughing at us right now.

How have you come to that conclusion?

Hill is from our town, he wants us to do well. He is also in the game which has no loyalty, being fired, let go is an occupational hazard. 

Anderson or cuntson as he is known is a slimy cunt and will probably always be. He’s the one through his history who has to look over his shoulder. Why would you care what such a cunt who is now history to us, is possibly doing?

15 hours ago, Traf said:

Where did I say Darcy was worse than Comley or White?

I think you suggested Crawford and Darcy are bang average, implying they are no better than the other midfielders.  Unless Darcy has gone backwards in the last 6 months, which none of us know, he has to be better than what we've seen from a few of the new signings to date.

9 hours ago, Ands1 said:

I have patience and I beleive it will come good, I merely stated that Keith Hill & Kenneth Anderson will be laughing at us right now.

You appear to have very little if any patience as you did say in a earlier post:-

"Evatt is even more out of his depth than Hill ever was and he has no idea how to fix things."

11 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Its frustrating that the way the calendar is this season, we wont have any midweek games until mid-late October while they cram league cup games in.

Would prefer to have us playing again Tuesday to try and improve more, rather than a full week of fallout from every match for 6 weeks.

Rather play midweek when we’ve had more time in training ground. 

4 hours ago, Blondi said:

You appear to have very little if any patience as you did say in a earlier post:-

"Evatt is even more out of his depth than Hill ever was and he has no idea how to fix things."

I'm sorry but I think you've got me confused with someone else's post.

I merely stated Hill & Kenneth will be laughing at us 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Morizio said:

How have you come to that conclusion?

Hill is from our town, he wants us to do well. He is also in the game which has no loyalty, being fired, let go is an occupational hazard. 

Anderson or cuntson as he is known is a slimy cunt and will probably always be. He’s the one through his history who has to look over his shoulder. Why would you care what such a cunt who is now history to us, is possibly doing?

The conclusion is my own thoughts,

Hill wanted to keep the job I'm sure of that, He was honoured to get it in the first place, he cocked it up with his rants and was told by Shaz at the end of the season thanks but no thanks, he's obviously sat quiet at home licking his wounds, won't give Illes an interview, he'll be chuckling to himself for our poor start you mark my words. As for the Andersons they'll be keeping an eye on our predicament and laughing for sure.

Maybe I'm wrong 🤷‍♂️ do you think the Anderson will be thinking poor Bolton Wanderers what a shame, 

They couldn't give a fuk Hill included they'll be laughing.

Just now, Ands1 said:

Hill wanted to keep the job I'm sure of that, He was honoured to get it in the first place, he cocked it up with his rants and was told by Shaz at the end of the season thanks but no thanks, he's obviously sat quiet at home licking his wounds, won't give Illes an interview, he'll be chuckling to himself for our poor start you mark my words. As for the Andersons they'll be keeping an eye on our predicament and laughing for sure.

Maybe I'm wrong 🤷‍♂️ do you think the Anderson will be thinking poor Bolton Wanderers what a shame, 

I’ve no idea what other people think but I do know that I think you are jangled. 

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think you suggested Crawford and Darcy are bang average, implying they are no better than the other midfielders.  Unless Darcy has gone backwards in the last 6 months, which none of us know, he has to be better than what we've seen from a few of the new signings to date.

They'd be on a par with White in that case and marginally better than Comley, who hasn't impressed so far.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

What "predicament"? Losing our first 2 League games? Get a grip man.

Irrespective of football philosophy we are ar rock bottom. The great managers of the last 30 odd years Greaves, Rioch, Allardyce etc, would design a defence and midfield to keep a clean sheet. Get a couple of draws or maybe late wins, build on that, increase confidence and get up the league. I hope this man has the sense to see that. 

8 hours ago, nantwichwhite said:

Irrespective of football philosophy we are ar rock bottom. The great managers of the last 30 odd years Greaves, Rioch, Allardyce etc, would design a defence and midfield to keep a clean sheet. Get a couple of draws or maybe late wins, build on that, increase confidence and get up the league. I hope this man has the sense to see that. 

Exactly, we are rock bottom, this is what I'm getting at and various people supporters etc will be laughing at us, the only way is up and I beleive Evatt is the right man.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

I have got a grip, we've lost twice i know it'll come good. 

Fair enough. Even though we're in the lowest League position in our history, any rational Wanderer would rather be where we are now than where we were 12 months ago, getting pumped by 5 or 6 every game and not fulfilling fixtures. All about perspective.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Fair enough. Even though we're in the lowest League position in our history, any rational Wanderer would rather be where we are now than where we were 12 months ago, getting pumped by 5 or 6 every game and not fulfilling fixtures. All about perspective.

This is true.

12 hours ago, Ands1 said:

Exactly, we are rock bottom, this is what I'm getting at and various people supporters etc will be laughing at us, the only way is up and I beleive Evatt is the right man.

Stop worrying about people laughing at us.  Even if they are, so what ? 

Once we get on a roll it will be fun again being a wanderer.