Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

29 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Genuinely don't know the answer to this - have other clubs gone down the flogging STs like we have?

In our case, while people obviously want to get back in and it might help the team, if we allowed all 8k ST holders in but with severe restrictions on concourse activity etc, would we actually make any significant money? Corporate?

If we dont see any games this season, as seems likely, the financial effect on the club will be felt when next year's go on sale, they wont be able to sell at full price to those renewing.  So even if we only saw half the games it puts FV in a stronger bargaining position than if we've seen none at all.  Then there are the minority that will be demanding full refunds especially if they dont bother with i-follow.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think more would have signed if it had been before the last week or 2, but the momentum has stalled with the situation deteriorating.  I still think people are desperate to return in the same ways people want to go to pubs and shops and visit people - with sensible guidelines and social distancing measures.  Its the fact that we cant even have 10% capacity which is most annoying, while everywhere else can (except the tier 3's).  I personally would want fans to return just for the spectacle of watching/listening to games even if I wasnt allowed in myself.  Games just arent real at the moment.

Its infuriating to see the photos from the Palladium the other day, I saw it and thought it was a fake at first. The place looked packed. And yet you still can't spread 1,000 people out across an open stand? It's bullshit.

Watched Bosnia v Northern Ireland at weekend it had a small crowd in and it made a world of difference just as a viewing experience. The sound took some getting used to actually, it has been a while.

Edited by Marc505

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Its infuriating to see the photos from the Palladium the other day, I saw it and thought it was a fake at first. The place looked packed. And yet you still can't spread 1,000 people out across an open stand? It's bullshit.

Watched Bosnia v Northern Ireland at weekend it had a small crowd in and it made a world of difference just as a viewing experience. The sound took some getting used to actually, it has been a while.

20k for Ukraine v Germany 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

20k for Ukraine v Germany 

They dont give a fuck in eastern europe, think it's full in Serbian games as well! 🤣

Saw this earlier from the cake tin in NZ at weekend (I dont follow Durham or whoever posted the photo from the rugby, btw)

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fair play for trying to generate some money

but seriously who the fuck is going to go 

Look who went to Forest Green Rovers for a game not involving Bolton and then ask yourself if you even needed to ask.

On 23/10/2020 at 12:57, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fair play for trying to generate some money

but seriously who the fuck is going to go 

Woah hang on , weeks ago a few of us started to go the hotel on matchdays . Around 6 of us ; usually turning up for the second half ( bit like London away days).

Plenty of room , table service . Ok we have to shout at each other  but it is putting cash into the hotel.

Took advantage of the buy one get one half price meal deals.

Bumped elbows with Shazza n Emma.

No riff raff.

Hope last night was a success , Ashburner St and Mr Smith went ( seperate tables ) .

I know Miss Speak ( yes please , cracking rack).

Asked where the rest of us were . But will get full report on the evening later today.

Remember every bit helps the club at the moment.

COYWM

1 hour ago, embankment said:

Woah hang on , weeks ago a few of us started to go the hotel on matchdays . Around 6 of us ; usually turning up for the second half ( bit like London away days).

Plenty of room , table service . Ok we have to shout at each other  but it is putting cash into the hotel.

Took advantage of the buy one get one half price meal deals.

Bumped elbows with Shazza n Emma.

No riff raff.

Hope last night was a success , Ashburner St and Mr Smith went ( seperate tables ) .

I know Miss Speak ( yes please , cracking rack).

Asked where the rest of us were . But will get full report on the evening later today.

Remember every bit helps the club at the moment.

COYWM

Like I said fair play to the club but under current restrictions can’t see the appeal

i can go watching boro have a pint & stand with my mates the idea of sitting on different tables to my mates ain’t for me, ok if I lived closer probably take the lad in but it would work out costly

However if Emma is about I might be tempted 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Like I said fair play to the club but under current restrictions can’t see the appeal

i can go watching boro have a pint & stand with my mates the idea of sitting on different tables to my mates ain’t for me, ok if I lived closer probably take the lad in but it would work out costly

However if Emma is about I might be tempted 

Agree, it’s bad enough paying to watch it on ifollow, let alone pay even more to watch it on someone else’s tv.