Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Is the football juggernaut just going to carry on through this second lockdown or are they going to throw another season into disarray now?

It’ll carry on without fans being in there. I’ve written this season off in terms of getting in grounds

15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It’ll carry on without fans being in there. I’ve written this season off in terms of getting in grounds

Me too I've no hope we'll be back in until next season really, until vaccine is in full circulation. But if we have a "proper" lockdown again that should really mean the football stops again like last time and if it does (I know its barely a secondary concern in the grand scheme) that totally shafts the already packed calendar built around Euros next summer and 2021/22 starting on time.

On the subject of fans back in, I can picture the phased return, I can picture full home crowds but for some reason I really struggle to picture a time when we can say "heres 5,000 away tickets, travel the country, enjoy!". Hope I'm massively wrong, as soon as we're allowed full stadiums again, away fans should be allowed as normal too.

9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not arsed about the season now

buy them England games another story 

I've seen UEFA starting to tout the idea of reorganising it depending on how countries are doing. Fuck knows where they could put the England games if Wembley gets taken away. Also said it looks very possible Baku, St Petersburg and Bilbao will lose their games too.as struggling to sell tickets.

Glad the new UEFA bloke has said a tournament all across Europe was a bad idea, it's a nightmare to plan for.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I've seen UEFA starting to tout the idea of reorganising it depending on how countries are doing. Fuck knows where they could put the England games if Wembley gets taken away. Also said it looks very possible Baku, St Petersburg and Bilbao will lose their games too.as struggling to sell tickets.

Glad the new UEFA bloke has said a tournament all across Europe was a bad idea, it's a nightmare to plan for.

Organisers nightmare

and no doubt reduced capacities be some unhappy folk when tickets no longer available 

17 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Organisers nightmare

and no doubt reduced capacities be some unhappy folk when tickets no longer available 

"So, any volunteers to give up their England Wembley tickets to fit you into Munichs ground instead?"

"No"

"Damn"

I didnt realise they'd been selling tickets.  There's little chance of it being a normal fan attended tournament, the only hope would probably be the "best/safest" nation nearer the time hosts all the games.  Even then the restrictions on who can attend from across Europe from the worst Covid countries would be a nightmare.  Can only see it being behind closed doors given how long it would take to organise ticket sales effectively.

44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I didnt realise they'd been selling tickets.  There's little chance of it being a normal fan attended tournament, the only hope would probably be the "best/safest" nation nearer the time hosts all the games.  Even then the restrictions on who can attend from across Europe from the worst Covid countries would be a nightmare.  Can only see it being behind closed doors given how long it would take to organise ticket sales effectively.

Yeah theyve said they're planning for all eventualities, full stadiums, half full, empty, all the venues, none of the venues, moving it all to one country etc etc.

8 months out, I do find it very hard to picture 90,000 at Wembley or 70,000 at Rome, Munich etc. Spent a fucking fortune on this tournament though, so covid can fuck off.

On 13/10/2020 at 22:32, Marc505 said:

They dont give a fuck in eastern europe, think it's full in Serbian games as well! 🤣

Saw this earlier from the cake tin in NZ at weekend (I dont follow Durham or whoever posted the photo from the rugby, btw)

Erm, fake news. That wasn't a shot from ALW's concert to test restrictions, thats from before lockdown. it also wasn't from AWs night. For ALW's test concert you had an invite, had to have a test, and only two people from the same household together. 

Twitter is a funny old thing.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Erm, fake news. That wasn't a shot from ALW's concert to test restrictions, thats from before lockdown. it also wasn't from AWs night. For ALW's test concert you had an invite, had to have a test, and only two people from the same household together. 

Twitter is a funny old thing.

I intended to post the photo from NZ, not the Wenger thing.

• Site Supporter

Government will be discussing this week.

You recently signed the petition “Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels”:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Petitions Committee's work on this issue by completing our survey on the importance of football clubs to fans and their local communities. 

A summary of the over-13,000 responses we received can be viewed here: https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/14361/default/.

Don't forget to tune in to the debate on this petition at 4.30pm this Monday 9 November, which you can watch live here: https://youtu.be/sYU-qzMgWog. 

Follow the Committee on Twitter for real-time updates on its work on this issue: https://www.twitter.com/hocpetitions. You can join the discussion using hashtag #FootballFansDebate.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Positive talks held today about the return of fans hopefully getting there 

I watched the Parliament debate of the petition, OK predictably boring at times but there was some good passion and determination showed by some MPs, particularly the bloke from Stoke and the female Liverpool and City fans. Oliver Dowden (Sport & Culture) sounded like he was going through the motions, and seemed more bothered about fans travelling to the game than actually being in stadiums.  But let's hope today was another step in the right direction.