Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

That’s good, think efl are still in negotiations with premier league over payments 

Aye, the minister just urged them to get on with it and sort out. The longer it goes on, the less the clubs will end up settling for out of desperation. 

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Might be on my own here but I think id rather just wait till it’s all done now. Not sure it will be any good with restrictions 

It certainly won’t be the financial lifeline for clubs that people seem to think it is. Only thing it will do is give them a bit of confidence for buying season tickets for 2021/22, but it will almost certainly run at a loss and, as you say, be a pretty sterile and altogether miserable experience. 

8 hours ago, tomski said:

Might be on my own here but I think id rather just wait till it’s all done now. Not sure it will be any good with restrictions 

Think Im with this.

Im not missing sitting and watching a live match.

Its the rest of the bumchuffery Im missing.

Even if its a cheeky pint in scotts and french kissing in ESL. 

10 hours ago, tomski said:

I'm agree with you.  

Football isn't about the 90 minutes.

With restrictions the day out will not be a day out. 

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Have you arrived at Stevenage?

I've been reliably informed that we could easily be looking at a police caution here re the lockdown so we have decided not to bother. My lad is gutted as you can definitely see into the ground @ Stevenage with the ladder, but i've had to make a responsible decision for once.   

We were threatened with the same at other grounds when there was no national lockdown. 

When restrictions are lifted though were off again. 

Definitely doing Cheltenham, Carlisle & Exeter.  

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, tomski said:

You're not on your own there.

Unless they only admit those who have been vaccinated, but without restrictions on numbers.

55 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I've been reliably informed that we could easily be looking at a police caution here re the lockdown so we have decided not to bother. My lad is gutted as you can definitely see into the ground @ Stevenage with the ladder, but i've had to make a responsible decision for once.   

We were threatened with the same at other grounds when there was no national lockdown. 

When restrictions are lifted though were off again. 

Definitely doing Cheltenham, Carlisle & Exeter.  

Pop round when we play Cheltenham and I will join you; only 20 miles away from me

I would happily go and sit in a 90% empty ground rather than sitting at home waiting for I follow to catch up. 

Does not compare to a proper day out but if that is all we can have will take it. Assuming it is safe, be crazy to rush back now if there is a risk. 

20 hours ago, captainmed said:

Will do.

We’re staying over for a few nights if restrictions are lifted.

I know the town well as I go to the Festival most years.

Get yourself to the Rotunda top of Montpellier or The Lansdown, nice little boozers my locals when I'm down staying in Cheltenham.